Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up my GTS in mid-May and it was love at first sight!

After dropping it off for its wrap (front and rear) and ceramic coat, I finally got an opportunity to put some miles on it this past weekend on a drive up to Montreal (Canadian GP) from NYC. For context, I am coming from a 2014 Lexus IS350, which I thought was a great car and fun enough to drive. I have never owned a SUV before so I have always been a bit skeptical about getting used to the size of the Macan.

First off, this car is insanely easy to drive fast! I almost can't tell if that's a good thing. Driving 75mph felt like I was going 50-55mph. It so smooth and comfortable at speed. I caught myself a few times where my speed was way more than I thought it was and had to immediately slow down. I also came into one of the rest stops a little too hot and when making the turn I realized how fast I took it. It handled really well but I think I scared some of the people walking to their cars.

Gas mileage is definitely worse than my previous car but it's a small price (though getting bigger every day) to pay for the fun factor. I have read so much about how the feel of a Porsche is unparalleled. I had no idea what that meant but now I understand. I couldn't put it into words but it is so much fun to drive! I will say that it is not quite as angry sounding as I expected on the road (though I love how it sounds when turning the key and the car comes to life!). I thought it would be a bit more aggressive sounding when hitting the accelerator, might have to do with the fact I was driving in normal mode most of the time while on the interstate. I didn't slam the gas since it is still new but when my driving buddy went by me in his M4 you could definitely hear him. I might have to try sport mode on my next highway drive (now that I am at 1,000 miles and feel a bit more comfortable using the revs a little higher).

Driving around town and parking I definitely feel the size difference but quickly got used to it. I'm still ultra careful parking and I am getting more comfortable knowing where the corners of the car are. I think it will eventually become second nature but definitely need more cockpit time for that.

Overall this car has exceed my expectations. It was a lot of money for me to drop on a car and I have been nervous ever since I put my order in that I would be disappointed in some aspect of the car. But I can honestly say that I love everything about this car so much and am so happy I made the plunge! Here are some pics.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
459 Posts
Congrats! VG is one of my favorite colors. To hear the vehicle in all its glory I have to roll down the windows because it is so insulated, pop it into sport or sport plus, and use manual mode. You can really get it to sing that way.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
349 Posts
Beautiful GTS, enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
|2022 Porsche Macan GTS |2018 Porsche Macan GTS (Retired)
27 Posts
Congrats! Looks beautiful. Throw it into sport plus and it’ll come alive. It is night and day difference. Sport plus gives you the burbles and pops on the downshift 😎

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Fantastic!! Get rid of those orange side markers and change to smoke. The car will look even more amazing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I finally picked up my GTS in mid-May and it was love at first sight!

After dropping it off for its wrap (front and rear) and ceramic coat, I finally got an opportunity to put some miles on it this past weekend on a drive up to Montreal (Canadian GP) from NYC. For context, I am coming from a 2014 Lexus IS350, which I thought was a great car and fun enough to drive. I have never owned a SUV before so I have always been a bit skeptical about getting used to the size of the Macan.

First off, this car is insanely easy to drive fast! I almost can't tell if that's a good thing. Driving 75mph felt like I was going 50-55mph. It so smooth and comfortable at speed. I caught myself a few times where my speed was way more than I thought it was and had to immediately slow down. I also came into one of the rest stops a little too hot and when making the turn I realized how fast I took it. It handled really well but I think I scared some of the people walking to their cars.

Gas mileage is definitely worse than my previous car but it's a small price (though getting bigger every day) to pay for the fun factor. I have read so much about how the feel of a Porsche is unparalleled. I had no idea what that meant but now I understand. I couldn't put it into words but it is so much fun to drive! I will say that it is not quite as angry sounding as I expected on the road (though I love how it sounds when turning the key and the car comes to life!). I thought it would be a bit more aggressive sounding when hitting the accelerator, might have to do with the fact I was driving in normal mode most of the time while on the interstate. I didn't slam the gas since it is still new but when my driving buddy went by me in his M4 you could definitely hear him. I might have to try sport mode on my next highway drive (now that I am at 1,000 miles and feel a bit more comfortable using the revs a little higher).

Driving around town and parking I definitely feel the size difference but quickly got used to it. I'm still ultra careful parking and I am getting more comfortable knowing where the corners of the car are. I think it will eventually become second nature but definitely need more cockpit time for that.

Overall this car has exceed my expectations. It was a lot of money for me to drop on a car and I have been nervous ever since I put my order in that I would be disappointed in some aspect of the car. But I can honestly say that I love everything about this car so much and am so happy I made the plunge! Here are some pics.

View attachment 256912 View attachment 256913
gorgeous!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats! I agree - my one “complaint” (if you can call it that) is the lack of feedback in any mode re speed. All too often when out on the twisties I will hit a curve marked 30 doing 60 Or more. I‘ve had to keep an eye on the speedo much more than on our 911. First world problem. Enjoy the ride - you‘ve invested in fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I totally agree about the lack of speed sensation... 2018 GTS - I passed a car going maybe 70 mph or so. Once I got around him I looked down and I was doing 120 mph. It felt like maybe 90 mph. Handling is amazing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts