Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought of how to make the front lip spoiler (everywhere except North America but standard on the facelift) less obvious and got a bit carried away ! Not an exact colour match I know but only a rough preview of perhaps a more permanent professional shop modification.

Comments ? Love it ? Hate it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Macan S, Sport Exhaust, Cobb, Flat6 Airfilters, DV
86 Posts
Looks great. Color is a good match. Not sure you even need to get redone. Can you tell me where you purchased the spoiler from? Easy to install?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Australia the front spoiler lip is standard as it is in Europe. Suncoast parts sell it in the US for $500. I believe it can be installed either by yourself or a garage.

https://www.macanforum.com/#/topics/107642?page=1

Here is a link to a home install thread.

I’ll be plastidipping other areas until I am happy then get a garage to apply real matched paint and gloss to make it permanent.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In Australia the front spoiler lip is standard as it is in Europe. Suncoast parts sell it in the US for $500. I believe it can be installed either by yourself or a garage.

https://www.macanforum.com/#/topics/107642?page=1

Here is a link to a home install thread.

I’ll be plastidipping other areas until I am happy then get a garage to apply real matched paint and gloss to make it permanent.
Linky no worky

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Great job!

Looks just fine in the pix.

·
Registered
300 Posts
PlastiDip is some cool stuff. I experimented by doing the wheels and other accents on my '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but probably not for someone if you're all about the details. I blacked out the wheels, emblems and grill for probably about $60 once it was all said and done. Personally, I'll only use it in the future if I'm contemplating a color mod to be able to see it on the vehicle for a couple days before I fully dive in.

Nice work though. The pics you posted show that you really took some time masking before spraying.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be making many more potential mods in the next few days and post them. Yes masking takes ages but due to the nature of plastidip it easily separates at hard edges. I was going to add some subtle go-fast red as well. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i used plastidip when i used to have a 2010 mdx... blacked out the 'beak' and model designations. really easy to use, the hardest part is indeed the masking

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
So I thought of how to make the front lip spoiler (everywhere except North America but standard on the facelift) less obvious and got a bit carried away ! Not an exact colour match I know but only a rough preview of perhaps a more permanent professional shop modification.

That looks nice. I don’t like the general look of that front spoiler in black, but painted looks great.

UPDATE: I do love the look of that black spoiler on rhodium silver... I installed it on mine (I had all the intention of painting it, but didn’t after I saw it installed). I think is the combination of black matching parts, with the lower stance of my Macan (20mm lower) and with the wheel spacers that make it look awesome.

·
Registered
10 Posts

This is awesome.
I prefer this over the full white, I just ordered the lip and using your style as inspiration.

do you have more photos?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts