Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finalizing details today. Thoughts on this build (PNELTTD8 )? Hoping to lock in a build slot for delivery in Jan/Feb,

First time in a Porsche. Coming from a 2018 SQ5 and a 2012 Toureg previously. Climbing the VAG ladder!

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Macan GTS in Gentian Blue
67 Posts
Congrats on the move to a Porsche! I have no qualms with your build, looks great! The only thing I would mention is the smartphone charging option. I haven't heard great things about this feature and the fact your phone is tucked away anyway, why not just use a charging cable. Saves you $690 or you can take that and add a different option that you might have wanted to add.

·
Registered
2022 Macan S
81 Posts
The only thing I would mention is the smartphone charging option. I haven't heard great things about this feature and the fact your phone is tucked away anyway, why not just use a charging cable. Saves you $690 or you can take that and add a different option that you might have wanted to add.
I +1 on Smartphone compartment with wireless charging option. I initially added, since I want all comfort options on mine. However after reading so many negative reviews on it, I removed it.

• The phone almost always overheats for majority of people
  • Technically it does not charge your phone, it maintains the current charge when using wireless CarPlay
  • The compartment is not big enough, and if you have a large phone, it will be a tight fit and possibly will not fit with a phone case. This is based on 2021 model, I am not aware of the compartment size being changed on 2022 model. I own an iPhone 12 Pro Max and in the future will always pick the same size or bigger, so having a gamble of "will it fit or not" is not worth the $670/690 for me personally.

Based on these points, I was forced to remove this option from my build. Hope this Helps

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
214 Posts
Finalizing details today. Thoughts on this build (PNELTTD8 )? Hoping to lock in a build slot for delivery in Jan/Feb,

First time in a Porsche. Coming from a 2018 SQ5 and a 2012 Toureg previously. Climbing the VAG ladder!
Welcome to the forum and a very nice build. Some options to consider is Adaptive Cruise Control ( ACC) - it includes AEB (Automated Emergency Braking), a good safety feature to have. In Australia its fast becoming standard on all cars. You may also want to try the 18 way seats on an existing Gen 2 car , before locking in your spec. A lot of people find the 14 ways “comfort” seats a lot more comfortable. With your interior, the black can be a bit much, so consider deviated stitching in another colour to break it or another leather colour. Another option could be to add coloured seat belt and dials to really customise it;). Enjoy playing with the configurater and don’t feel bad changing your spec! It took me three goes before my spec locked.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Beautiful . You do now that its only 6K away from a GTS.
That;'s where I'd be given that price delta . There's only one thing that I would add .. sport chrono
Love the wheels on the volcano !! I added chrono and yanked the smartphone . It put the GTS interior trim to make room for premium package . If you add the carbon fiber it bumps up 1K The Porsche Code

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks great, very much my taste as I spec’d my ‘15 S almost the same. I agree w above about the phone compartment, better spent elsewhere and more flexibility for different phones/cases etc. In line with the subtle classy exterior I’d consider the clear tail light design for not much $. Similarly I regret not doing a no cost model deletion on the rear, I like it uncluttered (especially with the new light bar design) and it’s easier to clean. Definitely keep the air suspension, I’ve kept mine lowered all the time and up to 80k miles now it’s been bulletproof. Congrats!

Reactions: buckeyebill312

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Porsche Macan S PNBKA392
21 Posts
I ordered 2022 Macan S this week. Code: PNBKA392 if you are interested

Went all in on performance

·
Registered
2022 Macan S
81 Posts
Looks great, very much my taste as I spec’d my ‘15 S almost the same. I agree w above about the phone compartment, better spent elsewhere and more flexibility for different phones/cases etc. In line with the subtle classy exterior I’d consider the clear tail light design for not much $. Similarly I regret not doing a no cost model deletion on the rear, I like it uncluttered (especially with the new light bar design) and it’s easier to clean. Definitely keep the air suspension, I’ve kept mine lowered all the time and up to 80k miles now it’s been bulletproof. Congrats!
80k with Air Suspension and no issues, that is awesome. Where do you live? What kind of climate is it? Dry?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
80k with Air Suspension and no issues, that is awesome. Where do you live? What kind of climate is it? Dry?
My current 2018 Audi SQ5 has air suspension (I assume similar to the Porsche?) with 75k mi and have not had any issues. Houston texas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the info on the charger. A couple of other tweaks since OP, but deposit down and locked in for Feb delivery. Code PNK5D5Q3

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Nice build! Two comments - are the sport tailpipes necessary? It doesn't add a lot in terms of cost compared to overall total, however, I also can't tell from the configurator how much it really impacts the look, as the quad silver pipes are standard.

2nd thought - I originally was going with the deviated stitching Leather package, but after reading through this very helpful post from @Hi-Toro Hello need some help on my 2022 Macan GTS and S... , I decided to switch to the Extended Leather package in all black to even out the cost. While some may find it unnecessary, I won't order another Porsche without full leather.

I'm really trying to keep our Macan S build at $80k to keep the price far enough away from upgrading to the GTS. ;)

Cheers and hope you get an allocation soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts