Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. My A/C has stopped working and after checking with my diagnostic tools I see that I have a problem with the a/c pressure sensor. It turns out that there is a connection problem with the sensor and I need to reach the sensor to see if there is anything wrong with the connection or the sensor itself. Does anybody know where the sensor is located at? I believe it is on the condenser itself and I could not find a way to reach the condenser thru the engine bay without removing the front grill (which makes no sense).

If you have any experience with this, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Looking at the parts catalog, it looks like the sensor is located on the front left side of the condenser. Not sure how to get to it. Maybe have a look in the service manual and see if it's discussed there.

Macan Manual

If you need a DIY on how to drop the front bumper, have a look at this thread.....

Photos of Macan S front bumper removal.

But before you go to a lot of disassembly effort, I would connect some A/C pressure gauges and see if there's enough refrigerant in the system. That's the most common reason the A/C stops working, and there's a chance refrigerant is necessary for the sensor to communicate.

Best of luck tracking it down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi. i had to remove the front bumper to reach the part. got the new sensor for about $20 online and replaced it. no gas leaked during replacement. fault has disappeared and a/c is fully operational now. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts