Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about how 9-Speed transmissions really improve fuel efficiency. I know the 9-speed transmission is coming on the 2014 Land Rover Evoque, and it is supposed to improve the efficiency by 11.4 percent.

Does anybody know if Porsche is thinking of introducing this in their vehicles?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know Porsche was considering a high gear transmission but there hasn't been any info on them going through with it. High gear transmissions do help with fuel economy and performance, im sure they will get to it in the coming years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know Porsche was considering a high gear transmission but there hasn't been any info on them going through with it. High gear transmissions do help with fuel economy and performance, im sure they will get to it in the coming years.
I've heard that basically all cars in North America will soon run with 9-gear transmissions. This is mostly because of the improved fuel economy and the almost unnoticeable gear shifts.

It is not really a matter of if, it is more a matter of when.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've heard that basically all cars in North America will soon run with 9-gear transmissions. This is mostly because of the improved fuel economy and the almost unnoticeable gear shifts.

It is not really a matter of if, it is more a matter of when.
Very interesting. How long do you think it will take for the technology to trickle down to the lower cost models? I can't see there being too much opposition to this. Only people who still want to drive manual will be upset because the 9-gear-transmission doesn't come with a manual option.

·
Registered
247 Posts
For the Macan S -E Hybrid I would like a CVT with a paddle shifter on the steering wheel. A CVT has an infinite number of ratios between the lowest and highest gears, so it totally beats a 9-speed.
A CVT, in a Porsche? Im sorry but the Nissan forums are that way ;) AHAHAHA NO SHOT Macan gets a CVT not if they want it to have any semblance of a pulse. CVTs are like driving your wheels with a rubber band, no feel. CVTs are more expensive to maintain and I believe CVTs were engineered to surgically remove the fun from driving...

A CVT is basically modern technology's attempt to make the auto transmission WORSE, if you like things happening when you push the gas steer straight clear of CVTs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.