Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap! Includes pulley change and belts. That along with PDK fluid change, brake fluid change, and 4 new tires with balancing and alignment, and the bill will be over $5k! My buddy in PC who fixes Porsche’s as a specialty told me we could probably knock a thousand or so off that list, but I figured if I’m going to keep the car for more than a year, I might as well invest in its health. Maybe it’s time to get rid of the M3, keep the Macan, and add a CPO turbo S 991/2...>:D

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Sounds like a solid plan! :)

Its an expensive one. I'm doing tires now in September then the 60K service in May to ease the payment process LOL

·
Registered
319 Posts
Holy crap! Includes pulley change and belts. That along with PDK fluid change, brake fluid change, and 4 new tires with balancing and alignment, and the bill will be over $5k! My buddy in PC who fixes Porsche’s as a specialty told me we could probably knock a thousand or so off that list, but I figured if I’m going to keep the car for more than a year, I might as well invest in its health. Maybe it’s time to get rid of the M3, keep the Macan, and add a CPO turbo S 991/2...>:D
Oh boy. I'm at 51k miles and will likely need new tires around 60k miles. I better start saving my pennies now.

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
PDK fluid change is every 40k miles/4 years, not at 60k miles unless you didn’t do it at 40k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Man that sounds like a lot. First there is only 1 serpentine belt and the only pulley they might consider changing would be the belt tensioner. Agree with @jzwu the PDK service should not be due until 80k unless the 40k was skipped.

I think when I get to 6ok I’m just at 41,000 now it might be time to get rid of the car. Porsche has provided quality service but the money adds up and sounds like it might exceed the value of the car if they want that much money IMO.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
60k service was a little over $3k. The PDK was $700 based on 4 year schedule. Tires were a big hit at around $1600. I could have probably saved about $1500 if I'd driven all the way to Panama City, but I'd lost a day of work plus the 5 hour drive each way. I don't often favor a dealer over a local shop, but Brumos (nee Fields) has been good to me, I know all of there service and sales guys/gals, and I know they'll continue to to take of me and value my business, so I let them do the work.

·
Registered
442 Posts
For me, this year has been (so far):
- Major Service
- 2 sets of tyres (summers and winters) + one additional winter tyre (rear) due to pothole
- 3 times alignment (with LKA) - once for returning ride height to stock for CPO inspection, once for dropping suspension after CPO inspection, once for pothole
- Brakes - rotors and pads all round
- CPO inspection
- Porsche Extended Warranty

Talk about broke now !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
That sounds much more reasonable. I don’t buy tires from my Porsche dealership never gave the dealer a try. I do have them preform all other services and use my PCA discount. That plus the loaner makes it worthwhile.

I chose a dealer 58 miles away due to better service than my closest dealer just 25 miles. Always leave the car overnight so I don’t have to deal with rush hour traffic. One of the benefits of retirement. 👍

·
Registered
442 Posts
I don’t buy tires from my Porsche dealership never gave the dealer a try. I do have them preform all other services and use my PCA discount. That plus the loaner makes it worthwhile.
For my now gone 997.1 and my Macan (except the latest summer set), I always got my local Porsche dealer to get my tyres; the cost of the tyres was no more than Costco's cost. Their labour is higher, but isn't exceptionally more expensive.

I didn't get my last set of summer tyres from my Porsche dealer because they would only get the Porsche 'certified' ones, I wanted Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S's, and that's what I got (great tyres).

·
Registered
146 Posts
FWIW I got an estimate on the belt and was $1200. They have to put the engine is service position - ie - take apart the front end. Was 4 hours in labor I think.

My dealer charges $650 for the first PDK service. I did the second one myself for $200. This one I’m getting Febi fluid and total cost is <$100

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I didn't get my last set of summer tyres from my Porsche dealer because they would only get the Porsche 'certified' ones, I wanted Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S's, and that's what I got (great tyres).
Those are the same tire I’m running. I prefer Michelin tires overall which are not an NO rated tire in 21”. If my current dealer will come close price wise for the tire I want to run I would use them. Just have never tried due to past experience with other brand dealerships which rake you over the coals for substandard models of their preferred brand.

Seems like other OPs have had good luck with buying tires from their dealership and if the opportunity comes up I will give them a try. So far with my Audi and Porsche their tire choice of Continental and Pirelli are not my go to brands.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was expecting $2k for the 60k miles service. I guess $2k only make sense if we don't count the tire changes and PDK service.

I am trying to decide if I should extend my warranty to 85k (My Macan S is now at 20k). Has anyone compiled a list of expected costs for scheduled maintenance from 10k (should be free) to 80k?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
You got this

FWIW I got an estimate on the belt and was $1200. They have to put the engine is service position - ie - take apart the front end. Was 4 hours in labor I think.

My dealer charges $650 for the first PDK service. I did the second one myself for $200. This one I’m getting Febi fluid and total cost is <$100
I believe there is a post on this site where someone changed their belt. I know the plastic shroud protecting the fan needs to be removed along with the trim around the hood latch and any other trim between the headlights. You’ll need a breaker bar or long pry bar to remove the pressure on the idler pulley.

Putting the engine in service mode is a fancy way of pulling the main fuse on the ECU so nobody turns the ignition switch. IMO.

If you can service the PDK changing the serpentine belt should be a slam dunk for you. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts