Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

So happy there is a group like this!!

I was just charged $3,007 for my 40,000 mile service. Does that seem high?

I have a 2015 Macan S.

The labor was $1,637.50 (hourly rate of $163.75) and the parts were the balance of $1,202.

Thanks for your help.

Susan

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Ouch! And Yikes! It seems high to me, but my car is still new ish so what do I know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello All:

I have a 2015 Macan S.

The labor was $1,637.50 (hourly rate of $163.75) and the parts were the balance of $1,202.

Thanks for your help.

Susan
Did they itemize the bill?? what did they actually service and replace? That does seem a little high.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello All:

I have a 2015 Macan S.

Thanks for your help.

Susan
The 40K service is expensive compared to the others because it includes a PDK transmission service where they replace the expensive PDK fluid. Also involves cabin and engine air filters, brake fluid flush and oil change and filter. Your cost seems high, have seen it costing anywhere between $1500 and $2500 per other posts on the topic.

·
Registered
451 Posts
@sciapparelli, sounds way too high and the labor looks like exactly 10 hours. I cannot imagine any service taking 10 hours unless they charge you for the time it stands there and drains fluids. This is already a red flag. To help us all, would you please post your detailed invoice. I keep track of any service done in great detail and 40K service is next but I will not be paying this kind of money for it.

Since we are speaking of service, is anyone else is getting charged a mandatory $37.50+tax shop supplies on every visit. This is new and looks like just a new way to make money out of air.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello All:

I have a 2015 Macan S.

Thanks for your help.

Susan
That seems extremely high to me. Did you get an estimate up front? You don't have where you live in your info; e.g., San Francisco, Manhattan, New York, California. I might expect that kind of charge in those places (based on hourly charge) but still crazy. I think I would be seeking out a great Porsche independent shop. Unless you purchased a used certified preowned or an extended warranty you are probably out of warranty so you are under no real obligation to take it to a dealer service department. We have two independents in Virginia Beach that are excellent and I have used them for my service on my '08 Cayman and '16 Macan S (32k miles) which is certified preowned and under warranty until 12/21. I would be having a serious discussion with my dealership service advisor and/or the service manager if they charged me that amount. If you are a Porsche Club of America member ask one of the members who they recommend. It may very well be the Porsche dealership. The only negative I have against dealer service is their exorbitant prices. The pluses are they are well trained and will back up what they do with a guarantee but a good indy will do the same. Hopefully you'll hear from others that have had the 40k service done.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hello All:

I have a 2015 Macan S.

Thanks for your help.

Susan
40,000 miles! I never owned a car with that many miles.
;)

The $3k service does sound expensive - and sounds like you didn’t get a service estimate before dropping it off at the dealer. I’d like to see a copy of that bill detail if you would like to share.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a attached a copy of the invoice.

I live in DC so went to Arlington, VA to the Porsche dealership.

I did ask how much it was beforehand and was told it was about 3K. It just seems very high and also 10 hours of work seems like a lot.

I did buy my car pre-certified so I am still under warranty.

Thanks again everyone! Do you think I should go back to them and say something or just find a better, reliable Porsche shop going forward?

I wish I had found this forum when I first bought the car as there is so much useful information here.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have a attached a copy of the invoice.

I did ask how much it was beforehand and was told it was about 3K. It just seems very high and also 10 hours of work seems like a lot.

I did buy my car pre-certified so I am still under warranty.

Thanks again everyone! Do you think I should go back to them and say something or just find a better, reliable Porsche shop going forward?

I wish I had found this forum when I first bought the car as there is so much useful information here.

I am going to weigh in here !!!!

The oil filter is a cartridge style, it comes with the rubber O-Ring and is $14 on Amazon, the drain plug is not a replaceable item, just the aluminum crush washer, which is around $0.50 cents, Mobil 1 0w-40 European VW/Audi/Porsche is at best $26-$30 for a 5qt container @ Walmart or on Amazon, the correct amount is anywhere between 8.25 and 9 quarts total.

The cabin filter is quite inexpensive, the total for a full oil change with filter is less than 1 hour with a lift, cabin filter is 10 mins or less, as its easily accessible under the passenger side dash.

I just serviced my 2017 GTS on Thursday, it took me exactly 1 hour to do the oil/filter and cabin filter.

When I had my tires installed last year @ 25k miles I let the dealer perform the brake fluid flush, IIRC it was $249 or so at the dealers.

Your invoice seems loaded with fluff and many items are marked up 300% or more...........:(

The invoice is what it is, they most likely loaded it up with extra's, its usually flat rate/book time which means regardless of how much time it actually takes you are billed for the flat rate time.

A good tech will drop the oil and trans fluid @ the same time, while its draining will power bleed the brakes, once done with the brake fluid flush they would likely install the new filters and then lower it down and re-fill fluids, after its on the ground the cabin filter is a minute job.

I would bet it was in the tech's bay for 4 hours if that.

I would question the invoiced amounts and ask for the flat rate time for each service.

You have more than several hundred dollars of un-needed and or excessive fees, if you need help I will help you.

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Go back and demand some refund. This is worse than highway robbery. Seriously!

I am sure OP is a female. Any dealer rips off (female) customers like that should be avoided like a plague.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Go back and demand some refund. This is worse than highway robbery. Seriously!

I am sure OP is a female. Any dealer rips off (female) customers like that should be avoided like a plague.
Given it says "Susan" I'd say that's a fair assumption.

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Haha my assumption too but I also learned in my life to never assume. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a attached

Is that the Porsche of Arlington? If so, I have recently bought CPO 2016 Macan S from them. My buying experience was not great. I live in Atlanta,GA so I bought the car out of state because it has got the packages that I really wanted and also the price was very competitive. I like the car, no issues but had some issues with the dealer. First, they took almost 2 months to get the permanent tags. Second, I have sent the check for the car through mail and someone from their dealership collected it, after 3 weeks I got a call from the finance director saying that they didn’t receive the check and later found it. Third, they have sent me a document(Warranty) to sign after the deal was done and told me that I have already signed the doc but they lost it as the finance director spilled coffee on it. I have posted about that one in the forum before to seek the seniors advise. I don’t know they might be great but the above are few of my bad experiences with them, I read so many great reviews about other Porsche dealers in this forum. Anyhow, Just a heads up as you are around Arlington!

·
Registered
112 Posts
That itemized list is outrageous. Every single item is grossly inflated. I'd feel like I got mugged.

As an aside, I'm glad to see 44K on the list. I have two cans, but I was afraid to use it in case there would be seal or gasket incompatibility problems.

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Worse yet many items on the list are completely unneeded, like the BG 44k additive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I unfortunately have to side with the rest of the gang here and say you got robbed. I took a few minutes to look into your parts list and they completely took you for a ride on that (let alone labor), here is some proof. I can upload it as a spreadsheet if you need, its hard to read as a text paste.

Part | Your charge | Full MSRP | Online
OIL FILTER - ELEMENT - Porsche (948-107-222-00) $36.96 $22.90 $17.25
Filter Element O-Ring - Porsche (946-107-322-75) $13.76 $7.30 $5.50
Drain Plug - Porsche (PAF-008-309) $14.14 $7.51 $5.66
DRAIN PLUG SEALING RING - Porsche (900-123-106-30) $4.10 $1.52 $1.15
Wiper Blade - Porsche (95B-998-001) $84.54 $52.38 $38.89
Wiper Blade - Porsche (971-955-427-A) $32.64 $20.22 $15.23
Odour And Allergen F - Porsche (PAB-819-439-10) $75.95 $61.38 $45.57
Air Filter Element - Porsche (95B-129-620-B) $77.13 $49.44 $36.97
Repair Kit - Porsche (9A7-012-619-02) $88.90 $88.90 $88.90
Transmission Oil (1L - Porsche (G-052-529-A2) $56.88 $35.24 $26.35
Filter Element - Porsche (0B5-325-330-A) $45.66 $28.29 $21.31
Cap O-Ring - Porsche (WHT-005-499-A) $15.47 $8.22 $6.19
Screw Plug - Porsche (WHT-003-487) $11.45 $6.08 $4.58
Drain Plug - Porsche (WHT-005-282) $8.68 $4.61 $3.47
Drain Plug Seal - Porsche (N-013-827-5) $5.50 $2.92 $2.20
Battery - Porsche (999-611-108-00) $13.86 $7.36 $5.54

$516.66 $365.04 $295.20

$516.66 is what you were charged (first price column)
$365.04 is FULL MSRP for the parts listed (second price column)
$295.20 is what you can get online. This is purely FYI and not applicable to the situation. (third price column)

The "air compressor" charge is for the flat tire sealant. I'm not sure why you would get charged for this without explicitly asking for a replacement?

I would definitely recommend going back to talk to the manager about this.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts