Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This seems to have been discussed in a number of forums but I've not been able to confirm the actual answer.

Can anyone indicate if you have to option up the lighting system to receive the led 4 point daytime running lights seen in many of the pictures of the Macan?

Any clarification would be appreciated!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I can confirm that all 3 Australian launch models come with 4-LED daytime running lights in the headlights. Not sure about other countries though.

Wonder if this means that the S models will have both the 4-LED DRL and the LED strip on at the same time? Gonna be a bit of a glitter-fest...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can confirm that all 3 Australian launch models come with 4-LED daytime running lights in the headlights. Not sure about other countries though.

Wonder if this means that the S models will have both the 4-LED DRL and the LED strip on at the same time? Gonna be a bit of a glitter-fest...
Awesome, glad to hear it. Yes there is a lot of lighting going on in the Macan!

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I beleive in US/Canada the S standard headlights are halogen and the 4 point DRL's are also halogen based, if you don't option the xenons. The LED strip as far as I know is a signal lamp, not a DRL.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I beleive in US/Canada the S standard headlights are halogen and the 4 point DRL's are also halogen based, if you don't option the xenons. The LED strip as far as I know is a signal lamp, not a DRL.
Not sure if they'll be on in the daytime, but at night there are on:

It looks like both turn off when you indicate though (since one has to become a turning indicator)

So you need PDLS to get the Xenon's?
I think xenons come with pdls. In australia they've somehow managed to make the base spec xenons without pdls (and without headlight washers)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In australia they've somehow managed to make the base spec xenons without pdls (and without headlight washers)
Chylld, I'm not sure they would be able come without headlight washers for the local market. Australian Design Rules dictate all HID and xenon lights must come with headlight washers (and are self levelling) otherwise the car cannot be registered.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Chylld, I'm not sure they would be able come without headlight washers for the local market. Australian Design Rules dictate all HID and xenon lights must come with headlight washers (and are self levelling) otherwise the car cannot be registered.
hmmm I must have read about xenons without headlight washers in a US / non-AU context then.

guess my info is not 100% accurate:

·
Registered
40 Posts

I've seen a vid that shows the 4 point led for daytime and when the lights turn on the LEDs go off and that strip comes on.

Also I'm sure our cars here will have to come with the washers for legal reasons, you can't have the Xenons without them?

·
Registered
45 Posts
According to the "Standard Equipment" list for the Macan "S" here in the U.S.
it states the following under Lighting systems:

"Bi-Xenon headlights with dynamic headlight leveling, headlight cleaning system and integrated 4-point LED daytime running lights"

·
Registered
931 Posts
How to keep 4 point daytime running ON at night?
Ain't gonna happen. I too love the LED DRL and feel that the car switches over to regular headlights too early in the evening so I often turn the headlight switch to the OFF position to keep the DRL on. Of course that means the taillights are also off.

Reactions: gobobbie

·
Registered
383 Posts
I love the 4 LED DRL's. one of the most unique in the market, at least for nwow.

Reactions: YYCMacan

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
He's one of the founding fathers

Reactions: gobobbie

·
Registered
602 Posts
It was also hinted that this year would be added as an extra full-LED headlight technology.
Do you know something?
Why bring this soon to be outdated LED technology if you can leapfrog right to the laser lights :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.