Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new to the forum here...

Drive a 335d today and looking to trade-in for my first Porsche. Think of myself as an amateur driving enthusiast but also budget constrained. Considering 2016 or 2017 Macan S.

Taking a test drive later this week and quite excited based on reviews, video reviews, user notes, etc. etc.

Any thoughts or advice on what I should look for while taking my very first Porsche test drive? Any other advice for someone stepping up from BMW?

below link was quite helpful to start
Macan S Review (Part II) and comparo with BMW 335d

thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,426 Posts
I went from a 335d to a Macan Turbo four years ago.

Since you're likely already addicted to the incredible low end torque of the diesel, I'd recommend you shop for a Turbo, since
it has 400 TQ (339 TQ for the '17 S), close to your current 427 TQ. All of the other models have from some to considerably less torque.
The Macan also weighs in at about 300 lbs more than the 335d (~4100 lbs including fluids & driver).

My diesel had the sport package with the paddle shifters and enhanced suspension, and I installed Bilstein coil-overs which lowered
it and made it handle very well. The Macan sits higher, so you'll either want one with air suspension, to which you can add a lowering
module, or no air suspension and install coil-overs to lower it and improve the handling.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went from a 335d to a Macan Turbo four years ago.

Since you're likely already addicted to the incredible low end torque of the diesel, I'd recommend you shop for a Turbo, since
it has 400 TQ (339 TQ for the '17 S), close to your current 427 TQ. All of the other models have from some to considerably less torque.
The Macan also weighs in at about 300 lbs more than the 335d (~4100 lbs including fluids & driver).

My diesel had the sport package with the paddle shifters and enhanced suspension, and I installed Bilstein coil-overs which lowered
it and made it handle very well. The Macan sits higher, so you'll either want one with air suspension, to which you can add a lowering
module, or no air suspension and install coil-overs to lower it and improve the handling.

Good luck!
Thank you. Very good insight. Will be sure to test drive a Macan Turbo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts