Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first bottle of this magic juice ;)

Question, can this be used safely on the leather as well ? In my laziness......one applicator would be better ;)
From what I have read, the leather has a vinyl coating anyway....curious as to others experience.
thx

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Just got my first bottle of this magic juice ;)

Question, can this be used safely on the leather as well ? In my laziness......one applicator would be better ;)
From what I have read, the leather has a vinyl coating anyway....curious as to others experience.
thx
303 Protectant is the absolute best stuff ever invented. I use on my gaskets for the kayaking gear sleeves , my boat cover for the Donzi and everything for the motorcycle gear. Buy it by the gallon.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It is absolutely great stuff, but I personally wouldn't use it on leather. Speaking with a well respected leather trimmer here who retrimmed one of my other cars which had super shiny leather, he pointed out that this is caused by years of application of various leather cleaners which reside on the surface. He said that this can actually cause more harm than good as it creates a surface that dirt sticks to. His recommendation - on relatively clean new leather to just use a damp microfibre.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
@Teddis Not a product for leather. Great for vinyl and plastics. Get a product specific to rejuvenate and clean leather there are many brands out there with lots of suggestions on this site.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback all !

Looking forward to using it !

My question on leather application was due to it already being coated , so it is essentially a plastic surface.

I get not using it on raw, not sealed leather for sure.

Is our Leather not sealed ?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
There apparently seems to be a few types of 303. My wife wanted to treat a new teak lawn set of cushions and initially bought the wrong type. She reordered off of Amazon for the correct bottle. Great stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts