Porsche Macan Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
My GTS is in the shop right now getting its 30k service. $tealership has prices for services listed on the walls of the SA offices. I'll take a closer look to see how they handle this with the different model Porsches--I honestly don't remember.

30k service - $850 (includes oil and spark plugs!)
brake flush - $385

I'm getting an alignment as I just put on new summer 20" rubber, with the $tealer matching TireRack pricing (I think they actually source from TR since TR has a warehouse not far away here in CT, and the $tealer is a Penske shop that does big volume). I'm also having a new steering wheel installed--ordered the part at the $tealer, who matched the Suncoast price and quoted the install cost up front (1 hour of labor). Couldn't be happier with the pricing and my SA being up front with most everything. Will confirm the pricing and post results when I pick up the car later today.

Oh, and I might add some thoughts on my 2018 Macan Sport Edition loaner. It is an interesting spec with some performance options and imho is worthy of a mini-review/GTS comparo.

I had my brakes flushed by the dealership here in northern Colorado. $253, including $49 for a liter of brake fluid. I only had them do this because my car was still under factory warranty. That warranty just expired. Henceforth, I will do it myself using my pressure flusher and $15/liter ATE Typ 200 brake fluid.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I had my brakes flushed by the dealership here in northern Colorado. $253, including $49 for a liter of brake fluid. I only had them do this because my car was still under factory warranty. That warranty just expired. Henceforth, I will do it myself using my pressure flusher and $15/liter ATE Typ 200 brake fluid.
Is there anything special, electronic-wise we need to do when using a pressurized bleeder like a Motiv?

I went to Rusnak's site and they stated plugs are needed every 40k mi or 4 yrs (for an S) or 30k mi or 4 yrs (Turbo). Why would time matter in this case?

·
Registered
16 Posts
As the cathode wears and the gap widens the coils must work harder so it much cheaper to replace plugs for $120 than replace 6 plugs than 6 coils! Simple.
(Sorry for digging up an old post...) Disagree. Is there any feedback in the system to make 'the coils work harder'? The coil jacks the voltage up to a fixed high voltage, and the plug is rigged so the spark (discharge) jumps the air gap. When the plug wears, it doesn't draw more current through the coil. The air gap gets a bit larger, and hopefully the voltage is still large enough to create a spark. There's slightly more air resistance in the wider gap, so less current, and the spark is not quite as hot. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Why was my 30k service in Boise $1500?
Welcome to the forum.

There are many factors affecting the price of service.

- First of all, it is more expensive than that of most other brands. You might want to read this introductory note that @grim posted seven years ago, particularly item 5, "Prepare yourself for the maintenance costs":

- Second, there are aspects of the car's service that are based on mileage, time, or both. For instance, brakes are supposed to be flushed every two years, and spark plugs changed every 30,000 miles.

- There are wear items, such as brake pads and rotors, that have highly variable lifetimes, based on how you drive, for instance.

- And some dealers charge more than others, of course, and almost all charge more than qualified independent shops. Reading through this thread should provide insight regarding many of these situations.

For meaningful answers to your very stark question, you might want to provide a copy of the invoice here -- minus personal identifying information, of course -- so that we can all see what was done to your car. You might also add some information about the car itself, such as model year and trim level, whether you're the original owner, and so forth.

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS, Carmine Red w/Sports Chrono
14 Posts
I'm hitting 30k on my Macan GTS and was going to get my first oil change. I still have it CPO but was going to take it to a local performance shop that specializes in Porsche's. My ? is what else should I get done and get them to look at? Any feedback on my first service would help.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
I'm hitting 30k on my Macan GTS and was going to get my first oil change. I still have it CPO but was going to take it to a local performance shop that specializes in Porsche's. My ? is what else should I get done and get them to look at? Any feedback on my first service would help.
Did you get the owner's manual when you bought the car? If so I would study it up. Did you get the service records when you bought the car? If so, match it up to what you read in the owner's manual. Service on a Macan is more time driven than mileage driven. You are ending the car's fourth year of service.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts