Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this quote from my Porsche dealer for the 30k service on my Macan is totally crazy...
Fuel service $270
Brake fluid flush $300
Replace spark plugs $637
Perform 30k maintenance service $1095
Wheel Alignment
Total $2533

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
Fuel service $270 <--- WTH is this?

Brake fluid flush $300 <--- can be done at Indy for $200 tops

Replace spark plugs $637 <--- this is not too bad but can be done at Indy for less

Perform 30k maintenance service $1095 <--- WTH is this???

Wheel Alignment <--- you don't need this

Total $2533 <--- total BS!!!

Reactions: Jaylmw08 and Hokie

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo
521 Posts
@Ladydriver, it does not sound right. I consider my dealer to be fair and I have a good relationship with all the decision makers.

My numbers are the following for your reference for 2016 Turbo that needs spark plugs at 30K:

Fuel Service sounds like a fraud as I have never heard of it. I fill up with Shell 93 VPower that has all the fuel cleaner necessary

Regular oil/filter service with long checklist is $375, when combined with break fluid flush it was $495

Spark Plugs service was $370

Particle Filter that I ask them to replace every year is $60 for the filter and $40 for install

Wheel Alignment is only recommended if there is evidence of misalignment such as unusual tire wear, drifting to one side, or when you put brand new tires and even then it is a recommendation

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So this quote from my Porsche dealer for the 30k service on my Macan is totally crazy...
Fuel service $270
Brake fluid flush $300
Replace spark plugs $637
Perform 30k maintenance service $1095
Wheel Alignment
Total $2533

Any suggestions?
@Ladydriver, I have a suggestion: tell them bubye. That's sanitized from what I would tell them. I agree with @jzwu; brake flush on my S was $190, on my GTS, $160. Fuel service??? Did they try to sell you a muffler belt? I would send a complaint to Porsche NA.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
. . . but only after topping up the blinker fluid. . .
(How much does Suncoast get for OEM flux capacitors, which -- as you know -- must be replaced in pairs?)

Reactions: engin_ear and Hokie

·
Registered
24 Posts
How much is the 30k and 40k service?

I understand the 40k is a big one. Just not sure how much..dealership vs independent mechanic.

2016 turbo that I’m trying to push for..I didn’t really ask or negotiate the price down but the salesman said he’d throw in a $1500 discount (which would cover shipping the car) and cover the 30 and 40k service for free. The car is still alittle out of my price range. Should I push for more off?

·
Premium Member
2018 Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid
1,389 Posts
My 30k service was $700 maybe? 40k was expensive due to pDK fluid change, and brake fluid flush. Cost $1800

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought the car at 26k miles certified preowned. Do I need to perform 30k service ? I’m not in to skipping the services at all but don’t want to spend unnecessarily either. Basically the car came in to the dealers lot on Jan 30th 2019 and was CPO’d in the first week of Feb 2019. I bought it on Feb 17th 2019. Do you think that they have taken care of oil change etc while making the car certified preowned? Just curious!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 30K mile service includes spark plug change with oil change. You will want to verify with the dealer if that service was done. I would bet they DID NOT due the 30k service at 27k. They are not going to do an "untimely" service with 3k left on the clock. That would prevent you from coming back for service and they making more $$$.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am inclined to agree with @TAPnFLA 's reasoning -- it costs the dealer significant coin to CPO a vehicle, so I'd imagine that the dealer (any dealer) is not going to simply "give away" that costly service.
But for the OP's sake, I hope we're mistaken. . .
But, as @SomeGuy advised, ask 'em (would not take very much effort to access that info)

·
Registered
64 Posts
They told me that I’m good to go for another 10k miles and they had done the 3year/30k service on the vehicle. I have asked about the spark plugs and they didn’t change them! The reason they told was that some people like to do it after 30k. Anyhow, now it seems like I need to go in for 40k servicing at 36k miles which would be major!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has the service reminder come up on the dash or are you basing it on what the dealer told you?

I am assuming that your service log book is stamped up to show service history?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has the service reminder come up on the dash or are you basing it on what the dealer told you?

I am assuming that your service log book is stamped up to show service history?
No the service reminder didn’t come up. I think that they might have done the service because the dash(vehicle info) says service in 11000 miles and change oil in 7000 miles. There are no service history or dealer stamps in the book, not even one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the cathode wears and the gap widens the coils must work harder so it much cheaper to replace plugs for $120 than replace 6 plugs than 6 coils! Simple.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
My GTS is in the shop right now getting its 30k service. $tealership has prices for services listed on the walls of the SA offices. I'll take a closer look to see how they handle this with the different model Porsches--I honestly don't remember.

30k service - $850 (includes oil and spark plugs!)
brake flush - $385

I'm getting an alignment as I just put on new summer 20" rubber, with the $tealer matching TireRack pricing (I think they actually source from TR since TR has a warehouse not far away here in CT, and the $tealer is a Penske shop that does big volume). I'm also having a new steering wheel installed--ordered the part at the $tealer, who matched the Suncoast price and quoted the install cost up front (1 hour of labor). Couldn't be happier with the pricing and my SA being up front with most everything. Will confirm the pricing and post results when I pick up the car later today.

Oh, and I might add some thoughts on my 2018 Macan Sport Edition loaner. It is an interesting spec with some performance options and imho is worthy of a mini-review/GTS comparo.

Reactions: TXRed
101 - 120 of 129 Posts