Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
17. So guess what now, I'm not taking apart my PCM and dash + vents and all sorts of nonsense to get out a plastic redirection piece. Sorry but something else will have to give and it will be your carpet if you follow these instructions. That two zone piece is looking very, very cozy.

18. Time to cut up a perfectly good car in the name of science. I chose a pattern of a large bend to allow for zip tie stitching later.

19. Gently use your new carpet space freedom to guide the two under seat air channels out and to the very sides. (they are really pliable and will recover with massaging but do not get crazy with trying to bend badly)

20. Pull out the POS two zone adapter. Cool looks like real flapper mixers are there.

21. Place your very, very dusty 3 zone adapter into place since no one else is crazy enough to order these parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
22. Reshape your original under-seat tubes and check around with your LED flashlight they both expanded back and look sealed well. Bonus points for adding extra foam which the center unit came with.

23. Stitch up that carpet and tuck the big carpet flap under the center channel for a clean attachment when you place in the center console.

24. Make sure the newly added center channel firmly seats itself above the metal prongs in the front. (Later the rear of the duct will be held by the under armrest storage unit tab but I'm ruining some of the magic by telling you)

25. If you are placing the center console back in properly you can see a guide "post" at the front area aligning well. Also your new center vent tube will seal well to the new 3 zone redirection piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
I will update some more later. But pretty much just work backwards at this point. You were taking pictures of each step along the way anyways so I don't have to remind you to do that.

Don't forget the shifter foam piece. It goes under the sliding captured nuts. There area no extra plugs when you are done but you might not have every port of the electronic horseshoe filled.

Works really awesome for the airflow when done. My rear console was badly marred and the "storage cubby" thrashed. Which is one of the reasons I wanted to try the retrofit. I am planning to swap that entire plastic rear trim with an updated dual USB charger version. Just looking for something decent on fleabay.

Just one of those retrofits you do on principle. Been in too many minivans as a kid just sweltering or freezing and you beg for "some air". Glad I do not have to alter my own front vents to make it happen now. Really blows like crazy if you close anything in the front and nice the rear can be closed off too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
@Blk_T great job on the write up. I was looking forward to attempting this but the vent kit is no longer available.

A day late and a part short.😟

·
Registered
295 Posts
@Blk_T great job on the write up. I was looking forward to attempting this but the vent kit is no longer available.

A day late and a part short.&#1 28543;

Really? Did I buy the only kit.....it appears the link from post #1 shows able to add to cart.

Easy to make a kit with eBay as the place to grab the vents then use ECS for the tubing parts.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
No luck

Really? Did I buy the only kit.....it appears the link from post #1 shows able to add to cart.

Easy to make a kit with eBay as the place to grab the vents then use ECS for the tubing parts.
Contacted Suncoast, Sunset and Gaudin Porsche the kit has been discontinued. I’ll check eBay and see what they have.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Outstanding work and excellent post. Well done. Thanks for taking the time to document everything and share with the group. I will add this one to my DIY bookmarks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Contacted Suncoast, Sunset and Gaudin Porsche the kit has been discontinued. I’ll check eBay and see what they have.

Thx.

Wow must of not been a big seller. Like I said in my posting, the kit I got was so crazy dusty for the vent parts. I have seen a few vent setups ~$250 on eBay and PM me if you want item numbers. ECS was the cheapest I found for the two ducting pieces needed.
Or complete center console units that have two of the three parts and some spares under $300.

I am still trying to figure out the wiring piece and wondering if there is a PIWIS II setting that needs to tell the AC unit to look for the rear control. Anyone have a PIWIS II buddy who can look through options?

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Wow must of not been a big seller. Like I said in my posting, the kit I got was so crazy dusty for the vent parts. I have seen a few vent setups ~$250 on eBay and PM me if you want item numbers. ECS was the cheapest I found for the two ducting pieces needed.
Or complete center console units that have two of the three parts and some spares under $300.

I am still trying to figure out the wiring piece and wondering if there is a PIWIS II setting that needs to tell the AC unit to look for the rear control. Anyone have a PIWIS II buddy who can look through options?

Wow I hope you can get it sorted out. Your best bet is to contact an indie locally to see if they have the PIWIS to check for coding. I had a pretty good relationship with my previous dealer service manager and he would have done the research for me. I Know with :)Porsche that may be a requirement as it was to properly setup the PSE the dealer added to my car. I’ll rain check the offer on the part numbers after you successfully get yours going.

Good luck I’ll be interested in the outcome.

·
Registered
295 Posts
At the moment I have pin1 hooked to switched 12V where the diagram calls for always hot 12V. So I need to make that adjustment and another idea was to supply the other signal ground a wire but not sure that will help.

I found that the car does have the ability to "ignore" the rear climate unit via the parental rear lock. So perhaps the unit is always ignore until PIWIS enabled. Time will tell and it's already better to have the functional air in the back. I want also the red/blue Temp switch extra benefit.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Success! Just had to tell the car via PIWIS that 3rd zone is installed.

Totally works with the three wires I suggested. (local switched 12v, gnd, then Pin12 on A connector of AC control)

always ignore until PIWIS enabled
:facepalm:

Edit: Adding a picture of how I adjusted the wiring plug. I opened up the connector and adjusted the pins to use the larger yellow for 12v, larger green for gnd and blue signal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Impressive work. Congratulations! Well done!! Two thumbs up!!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts