Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Glad you got through everything okay!

Because of the operation I had to switch from sports bikes (Ducati) and sport touring bikes (BMW) to a Triumph Bobber because I literally could not throw my leg over the saddle of a taller bike. The Bobber serves me well now and I went for a long ride Thursday.
+1!!!!!!

Hey, any bike is better than no bike, and the Bobber is a nice bike, anyway. Been looking at that, myself.

My purchase back then was an R850R. Just general-purpose old-aging (e.g., hips) then had me going from the Beemer's feet-back to feet-down (Valkyrie Interstate), then feet-forward (Burgman 650, then a Victory Cross Country Tour, and now another Burgman 650).

We bought the Macan after my wife underwent some serious melanoma and lymph-node surgery a couple years ago, and she wanted to treat herself ... just like I had done two decades earlier with the bike. And we got the thermal glass because she had throat-cancer surgery before that (whew!), so we appreciate the sporty but quieter fun car.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
758 Posts
+1!!!!!!

Hey, any bike is better than no bike, and the Bobber is a nice bike, anyway. Been looking at that, myself.

My purchase back then was an R850R. Just general-purpose old-aging (e.g., hips) then had me going from the Beemer's feet-back to feet-down (Valkyrie Interstate), then feet-forward (Burgman 650, then a Victory Cross Country Tour, and now another Burgman 650).

We bought the Macan after my wife underwent some serious melanoma and lymph-node surgery a couple years ago, and she wanted to treat herself ... just like I had done two decades earlier with the bike. And we got the thermal glass because she had throat-cancer surgery before that (whew!), so we appreciate the sporty but quieter fun car.

Enjoy the ride.

I had melanoma nad the whole field of nodes in my right armpit removed...
They say that does it... 2015/16 that was

Surgery after 6 rounds of Keytruda - which offers up its own set of problems

I hope your wife is doing well

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had melanoma nad the whole field of nodes in my right armpit removed...
They say that does it... 2015/16 that was

Surgery after 6 rounds of Keytruda - which offers up its own set of problems

I hope your wife is doing well
Yes, thank you, she is -- knock on wood, two years later -- doing fine. Just periodic scans now.

When she was going through all that, she decided that she wanted a fancy car, either to celebrate with, or to go out in style, as a last hurrah. She had a Mercedes in mind, model not yet figured out. Then, we saw a Macan pass us on the highway around that time, and the brand changed. And a few weeks later, I sat in the back seat, while she test-drove a Base and then an S (and she picked the S, but she grew up owning muscle cars, so that's no surprise -- and fortunately, our budget couldn't go beyond that, or my guess is that we would have wound up ordering a Turbo PP).

She enjoys the Macan at least once a day.

Sounds like you're out of danger now, too. Good luck to you, too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations buddy.

Same procedure here December 2017. Still dealing with some side effects from the surgery but my PSA is less than .01 percent.

Glad to have extra time to hear the bark of my PSE **** the PSA.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts