Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my current 2017 Macan turbo feels quick but once the warranty expires in around 12months I’d consider tuning...
I know most people start with the cobb tune but are there options if u want to go further such as headers / turbo upgrades?
What sort of power could I expect with just the Cobb tune and maybe K&N filters? Are there any high powered Macans around - 550 + bhp?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know of anyone making upgraded turbos, I think the typical top-line upgrades are usually downpipes and intercoolers, then little stuff like intake, diverter valve, exhaust, and tune. All of that should put you around the 550-600hp mark though. Be aware that downpipes require at least partial removal of the engine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I liked (at first) the off the shelf Cobb tune. I added yellow spring diverters to try and tame some of the "bucking" but eventually broke down and bought the BGB protune. I haven't had time to test it out yet since everything has been cancelled. Hoping for silky smooth power.

·
Super Moderator
1,635 Posts
AMV8: Recommend you search this forum. There have been several discussions about tuning. I believe the PDK clutches are a limiting
factor in any HP maximizing effort. The factory has a done a good job of getting a lot of HP and TQ and reliability out of the
existing designs.

Even a piggyback system such as RaceChip purports to offer an 80 HP increase, which would bring your Turbo close to 500 HP.

Where are you actually going to use 500 HP? Even the 400 HP is way overkill...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I plan on doing the following once my 2018 turbo is out of warranty.
Cobb tune +80hp (pro tune gets you how much more?
Agency power Catback exhaust +7hp
Intake (I think it's close like +2hp if anything)
Upgraded diverter valves

You're pretty **** close to 500hp on 93octane (also dependent on altitude)

If I want even more power which I highly doubtful an
Intercooler upgrade would be next.

Now the downfalls after reading all the threads and comments focused on Cobb tuning strictly the 3.6 turbo engine.

PDK smooth shifting woes. I hope members can chime in if this is still an issue with the Cobb tuned turbo 3.6 engines.

My pcar dealer also stated they are "cool" with Cobb tunes for in warranty cars. They have not seen any engine issues at all with the macans in general. My wife will smother me if I Cobb tune my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts