Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to find a better tire for our 2017 Macan S with 21" wheels. We really liked the Continental ExtremeContact DWS on our Cayenne S. They are very quite and are showing little wear. The only 21" in the Continental DWS06 are 295/35 and 395/40. With the few choices of tires, we wondering if the 295/35/21 or 295/40/21 would work on the front with out any rubbing issues? Also didn't want to cause any issues with the transfer case.

I understand that it would be best to keep the tires same as stock for optimal performance. But don't want to have to buy tires every 12,000 to 15,000.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Best solution if you don't want to buy tires every 12,000-15,000 miles would be all-seasons...heresy on a Porsche, I know...

Plus, they're cheaper....

Reactions: Gallatin

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
I have 295 all around. No issues with rubbing. Handling is great !
If I recall, those are 295/30-22, which implies you are running aftermarket rims and perhaps a different offset than the OEM rim. Do you recall what the offset is?

....With the few choices of tires, we wondering if the 295/35/21 or 295/40/21 would work on the front with out any rubbing issues?
Of the two sizes you list, the 295/35-21 is closest to the OEM diameter. However, a 295 tire on a 9-inch wide rim is right at the fit limit. A 10-inch wide rim would be much better.

If you mount a 295 tire on the OEM 9-inch rim, presumably, the tire sidewall would extend an additional 15mm into the backspace. Don't know whether that would cause a fit issue, or not. A wheel spacer could be added; but personally, the whole setup would be out of my comfort zone.

If you are located in an area that gets snow in the winter, consider investing in a second set of winder wheels, and save the summer tires for the warm season.

Perhaps someone else here can suggest another alternative based on their experience. Best of luck sorting out your wheel and tire options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered the DWS06 plus tires for 21" OEM turbo wheels in the OEM sizes off of Ebay brand new. I just had them mounted on my newly powdercoated wheels. I had to order the tires from two different companies on Ebay but all four tires got shipped to my house in 4 days. Good luck with your purchase

1 - 7 of 7 Posts