Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Night Blue Metalic

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Neither one does it for me

Votes: 9 22.5%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must have replied at least a half dozen times or more to threads like this "It's your car do what you like" but here I am...

I'm happy with my build, but I'm down to two exterior color choices. I have a little time to think about it before my build locks. My current '20 Macan is black so I want a change for the new car. I've gone over all the color options and the 2 colors I like the best are the Carmine Red and the Night Blue Metalic. If I go with the Night Blue, I would go with body color sideblades, but would keep the black sidebldes with the Carmine Red. If I go with the red, it bothers me a little that the red on the brake calipers is off from the body color. If I go with the blue, I worry that the dark blue is not much of a change from the black I currently have. What do you think?

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Registered
The blue looks a bit dull and boring. Red looks good on certain sportscars but doesn't really work on an SUV. The best currently available colour (not including paint to sample) for a new Macan is definitely Chalk. 馃槉

Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
I'm sure you have seen this ... over the two colours I'd take Carmine. Blue does look a bit, lets say nondescript.

Registered
.... first thing is black interior.
Agreed....a beige interior or anything inside with wood on it screams "old man" to me.

As for exterior color, Carmine Red or Volcano Grey....

Registered
My SA told me night blue not available to order until March - not sure if that applies to M1117. I'm definitely in the "old man" category on both color choices- chose night blue and beige interior (I have golden retriever's, black is a pain, and night blue is understated but can look great in the light.

Registered
I guess I鈥檓 in the minority about everything 馃 Between those 2 exterior colors I would choose red. There鈥檚 a red GTS in town that originally caught my eye and started me considering the Macan. Dark blue is too much like black and hard to keep clean. I did black cars and never again! But really, any color other than white, black or gray. Boring. Also - ignore the beige interior haters. I loathe all-black interiors and need some contrast. Google some Ferraris, lambos - and watch some beige interiors come up 馃槵 Stick with your beige and red鈥.it鈥檚 gorgeous!

Registered
2021 Macan
I voted neither. My reasoning is that, personally, red cars are not my thing. And, although Night Blue is very nice, blue (or dark) cars just do not hide scratches, swirls or any other blemish. My preference is for either white or a grey-based paint scheme. Maybe Volcano or Chalk?

Reactions: Mike1117

Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
Here's my common Silver with Garnet interior ... I started with the red interior and looked for the exterior colour and contrasts that offset that ... only real way to decide is go see the colours in real under different lighting and environments.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Registered
You asked a personal questions so here's my personal answer. Red over beige is a huge no for me. I would only go with red over beige on select sports cars or convertibles, never on anything with 4 or more doors. Red over beige sedans and SUVs are what rich old ladies drive in my area. If going with red, it would have to be mainly black interior and I wouldn't worry about the brake calipers as they will darken a bit from brake dust in a day. If you are insistent on a beige interior, then I would go with the blue. Personally, I would never go with a beige interior except with a green exterior. If going with a brown tone interior, I would go with Agate Grey which is actually way more dark brown than grey. The best brown was the espresso brown but that's been dropped.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I鈥檓 in the minority about everything 馃 Between those 2 exterior colors I would choose red. There鈥檚 a red GTS in town that originally caught my eye and started me considering the Macan. Dark blue is too much like black and hard to keep clean. I did black cars and never again! But really, any color other than white, black or gray. Boring. Also - ignore the beige interior haters. I loathe all-black interiors and need some contrast. Google some Ferraris, lambos - and watch some beige interiors come up 馃槵 Stick with your beige and red鈥.it鈥檚 gorgeous!
You certainly see less red Macan's because it's a $3k option.

I like the beige/black interior. I just wouldn't put wood in a Porsche. Standard black or carbon fibre, but since I'm also getting the Burmeister I'm not going for the carbon fibre upgrade.

Cermaic coating makes it much easier to live with the darker colors. I got my son a '23 Acura Integra in black and did the ceramic coating. He hardly ever washes his car and it never really looks bad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts