Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys and Girls. Happy to join the Macan Family.

Ordered our 22 GTS last week from Pfaff Porsche here in Toronto. We obtained a late may / early June delivery.

Build as follows:
22 GTS
Extended Bordeax
Chalk Exterior
Carbon Trims
Turbo RS wheels
Insulated / Thermal Glass
Side Sills in Body Color
Burmeister Sound
Premium Package
18 Way Seats
Sport Chrono
Torque Vectoring
Roof Rails
Assisted power steering

Have a question in regards to the steering wheel, we have option 2PF optioned ($1140) . But see option 2PJ for the normal GT steering wheel in black leather for ($370). Per the Canadian online configurator, it states both options have Matte Carbon trim on the steering wheel. Can any of you confirm what the difference between both of these options are? I dont mind the black leather wheel, can save the $800 and put it towards something else.

Super excited to get into it! coming from a 19 base cayenne she is alot more fun to drive :)

·
Registered
2022 Macan Base Miami Blue (On order)
125 Posts
Congrats! Great colour combo.

Reactions: KRISTON

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations! Chalk + Bordeaux is literally the best combo out there. I test drove a base 2022 Macan with the $370 GT steering wheel last month and it doesn't have any carbon trims on it. Personally, I wouldn't spend an additional $800 on a steering wheel, but I think it really compliments your build and you should keep it!!

·
Registered
ordering a 2022 GTS
110 Posts
on our build we chose NOT to get the GT wheel. It is smaller than the standard wheel, diameter-wise, and folks have said it does block portions of the instruments, depending on your eye level. Also, I don't like the blacked out nature of the GT wheel. The interior has aluminum trim and the standard wheel blends nicely with that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have a question in regards to the steering wheel, we have option 2PF optioned ($1140) . But see option 2PJ for the normal GT steering wheel in black leather for ($370). Per the Canadian online configurator, it states both options have Matte Carbon trim on the steering wheel. Can any of you confirm what the difference between both of these options are? I dont mind the black leather wheel, can save the $800 and put it towards something else.
I also saw that and I think it’s a typo… They put in the description for both the carbon fibre steering wheel and the GT steering wheel. I have spec’d the GT steering wheel in my Config for $370 and I am assuming it does not come with that mat carbon fibre inlay.

I actually prefer the smaller diameter wheel but I have also added power steering plus to make it easier to handle at low speeds.

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS [PNJ42JT4]
47 Posts

Ordered our 22 GTS last week from Pfaff Porsche here in Toronto. We obtained a late may / early June delivery.

Build as follows:
22 GTS
Extended Bordeax
Chalk Exterior
Carbon Trims
Turbo RS wheels
Side Sills in Body Color
Burmeister Sound
Premium Package
18 Way Seats
Sport Chrono
Torque Vectoring
Roof Rails
Assisted power steering

Super excited to get into it! coming from a 19 base cayenne she is alot more fun to drive :)
Congrats again - good to see you on here K…we’ve now come full circle from the E90 days haha. Hope you’ve been able to give your SA a lesson on PASM option for the GTS configurator…they should know better SMH

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
WELCOME!

Chalk is the best color. This is a fact.

Black or carbon side blades are superior, far superior, to body-colored side blades. Also fact.

Burmester sounds good. Never heard of "Burmeister."

Not sure thermal glass is worth it. Probably is not.
Assisted power steering is a waste of money, especially if you actually like to drive.
And, as I am unashamedly and notoriously noted for, roof rails suck.

Congrats on your new Macan!

·
Registered
43 Posts

Build as follows:
22 GTS
Extended Bordeax
Chalk Exterior
Carbon Trims
Turbo RS wheels
Side Sills in Body Color
Burmeister Sound
Premium Package
18 Way Seats
Sport Chrono
Torque Vectoring
Roof Rails
Assisted power steering

Hi, I live in Canada and use the same configurator. I have just placed an order for a 22 S with the $370 option - heated leather wheel. Go to the little 'i' and you'll see the exact wheel you would get - sans carbon. It's under 'Interior'. You have ordered the same leather wheel but with matt carbon (under the Carbon Section) where mine will have the matt black finish instead of carbon. I ordered carbon interior trim but the reg. matt black still ties in nicely. IMO😊 Also, save a few sheckels! I believe the pic tells the story and the written description is INCORRECT about the matt carbon on $370 option. If you look at the pic on your $1140 option it definitely is a different pic then the $370 op. I personally believe the carbon on the steering wheel makes that area look too busy! Here is my build if you wish to check. PN9SZXK5 Hope this helps. Cheers!

·
Registered
12,929 Posts

Build as follows:
22 GTS
Extended Bordeax
Chalk Exterior
Carbon Trims
Turbo RS wheels
Side Sills in Body Color
Burmeister Sound
Premium Package
18 Way Seats
Sport Chrono
Torque Vectoring
Roof Rails
Assisted power steering

Awesome !! You dont play around !!! This is a very nice vehicle !

·
Registered
12,929 Posts
Porsche has it on the US configurator too . They place it in the carbon fiber section. Its basically a heated leather steering wheel with the carbon fiber inlays . They have it in the 911 and there are photos of it on Rennlist. I didn't get it in my upcoming 911 but I did give it consideration. Its nice . Once thing I noticed with chalk is that carbon fiber really goes well with it .

·
Registered
172 Posts
WELCOME!

Black or carbon side blades are superior, far superior, to body-colored side blades. Also fact.

Assisted power steering is a waste of money, especially if you actually like to drive.

OP, you ordered a beautiful car. See my Chalk/Espresso in my signature. If I were to order a car today, I'd get my EXACT same design I have now, except I'd leave the blades body colored. Why? Yes., the black blades contrast nicely with the chalk body, black roof, black trim.....but the "GTS" logo is black -on-black and one can't see it. Chalk blades will show the "GTS" nicely. Enjoy.

·
Registered
12,929 Posts
WELCOME!

I happened to see 2 Gt3 cars in chalk side by side . As I looked at that them with the salesman we both fixed eyes on one . Both had the carbon fiber roof and I was just blown away at how well carbon matches the chalk exterior. I would get the carbon blades on a Macan in chalk after seeing this . Another thing that surprised me was it one car had the yellow ceramic brakes and the other had the gloss black ceramic brakes. To my surprise I like the black calipers In gloss more with that color . These are just notable aesthetic preferences . Even the standard exterior color blades would be fine but I do suggest looking at a chalk car matched up with any type of carbon .

·
Registered
42 Posts
I happened to see 2 Gt3 cars in chalk side by side . As I looked at that them with the salesman we both fixed eyes on one . Both had the carbon fiber roof and I was just blown away at how well carbon matches the chalk exterior. I would get the carbon blades on a Macan in chalk after seeing this . Another thing that surprised me was it one car had the yellow ceramic brakes and the other had the gloss black ceramic brakes. To my surprise I like the black calipers In gloss more with that color . These are just notable aesthetic preferences . Even the standard exterior color blades would be fine but I do suggest looking at a chalk car matched up with any type of carbon .
I've been toying with CF sideblades but can't seem to justify it. Agree totally with your assessment of the match to the chalk exterior...and agree they will be killer up close, but they are much smaller than a roof panel and down low on the vehicle. From a distance they will just look like the satin black blades. They will need to be wrapped in PPF to prevent road rash...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats again - good to see you on here K…we’ve now come full circle from the E90 days haha. Hope you’ve been able to give your SA a lesson on PASM option for the GTS configurator…they should know better SMH
Was sad to see the 911 go, wanted to get back into one so badly, but Covid prices was killing me lol. Happy to be back in a GTS. OG meet this summer for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also saw that and I think it’s a typo… They put in the description for both the carbon fibre steering wheel and the GT steering wheel. I have spec’d the GT steering wheel in my Config for $370 and I am assuming it does not come with that mat carbon fibre inlay.

I actually prefer the smaller diameter wheel but I have also added power steering plus to make it easier to handle at low speeds.
It is a Typo, told my sales rep I should hold Porsche to it lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
On the side blades, I would differ with Doc Jay- he is right you can't see the GTS but you can get a GTS decal to match the exterior color. Cost me $40 for the decals.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

·
Registered
172 Posts
On the side blades, I would differ with Doc Jay- he is right you can't see the GTS but you can get a GTS decal to match the exterior color. Cost me $40 for the decals. View attachment 250394
Looks great! Can you advise where you got them from?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
OP, you ordered a beautiful car. See my Chalk/Espresso in my signature. If I were to order a car today, I'd get my EXACT same design I have now, except I'd leave the blades body colored. Why? Yes., the black blades contrast nicely with the chalk body, black roof, black trim.....but the "GTS" logo is black -on-black and one can't see it. Chalk blades will show the "GTS" nicely. Enjoy.
The difference is that I don’t care about badges. It matters not a whit to me that the GTS logo on the black blades is barely visible. Few, if any, outside of other Macan enthusiasts would know or care about the trim levels, and those who may can discern the difference by looking at the exterior details.

When I was considering the GTS I currently have, I thought I might prefer the Chalk side blades over the black. I found this combination at another dealership and immediately realized that I much preferred the black blades, especially since I couldn’t see the GTS logos as starkly as on the Chalk blades.

Clearly, everyone has their own preferences in this regard. I saw a Cayenne once that had added Porsche logos and badges all over it, and Porsche license frames front and rear. I’m sure the owner liked it, but to me it was gauche.

No matter the aesthetics, the OP is going to acquire a car that will perform magnificently, and for me, that’s what it’s all about.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts