Votes: 30 65.2%
  • S

Votes: 16 34.8%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new here and so excited to be in this forum, have wanted to own a Macan for a long time now and it looks like I’m getting closer and closer to owning one!
I wanted to get the forum’s thoughts on a few questions I had before purchasing one of the 2 vehicles I have under consideration. The Macan I’ve wanted for a very long time is the GTS but also wanted to get your guys thoughts on the Macan S.

GTS BUILD: The Porsche Code

S BUILD: The Porsche Code

My budget is to stay under 90k or so (without taxes and fees) so I had to make some sacrifices on the GTS build like 8 way memory seats and no Bose audio but I realized I couldn’t get Bose audio on the new S anyways since they tookit out of the options on the Porsche website for the S. Do you guys have any thoughts on the builds and the compromises like the 8 way power seats?

Thank you guys so much! I can’t wait to be a part of this amazing forum that I’ve been reading for years!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree, go with the GTS. I had the same thought process but glad I went with the GTS. Also, I know this puts you over your limit by $4K but I would get the Premium Package Plus, which adds 14-way seats, panoramic roof, LCA, Bose, heated seats (F&R), ventilated seats, LED headlights in black (looks great). It's ridiculous Porsche makes you pay for anything more than 8-way seats but having a $100K vehicle with 8-way seats is not acceptable IMO LOL - and better for resale when that time comes. I have 18 way and love them but 14 way certainly work great. Good luck!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nearly impossible, in todays day and age.
Yeah I was able to test drive a 2022 Macan S that was on the lot of a nearby dealership but not a GTS since it’s impossible to see them in dealerships at the moment. I guess my main questions weren’t really about the ride cause I know the GTS will ride well since I loved the S ride. It was more about the compromises I’m making to get a GTS like the 8 way seats but on the other hand, my GTS build is only like 7-8k more than the S build so I feel there’s more value in the GTS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree, go with the GTS. I had the same thought process but glad I went with the GTS. Also, I know this puts you over your limit by $4K but I would get the Premium Package Plus, which adds 14-way seats, panoramic roof, LCA, Bose, heated seats (F&R), ventilated seats, LED headlights in black (looks great). It's ridiculous Porsche makes you pay for anything more than 8-way seats but having a $100K vehicle with 8-way seats is not acceptable IMO LOL - and better for resale when that time comes. I have 18 way and love them but 14 way certainly work great. Good luck!!
Yeah that’s definitely an option I was thinking about but even the current GTS build at approx 88k is kind of right at the top of my budget so was wondering if 8 way seats and no BOSE is something that I could live without. I personally am not an audiophile and listen more to sports talk shows etc but I also don’t want a completely terrible Audio system. Also, I think the seats is the more important thing for me than the audio, are the 8 way seats really bad?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I was able to test drive a 2022 Macan S that was on the lot of a nearby dealership but not a GTS since it’s impossible to see them in dealerships at the moment. I guess my main questions weren’t really about the ride cause I know the GTS will ride well since I loved the S ride. It was more about the compromises I’m making to get a GTS like the 8 way seats but on the other hand, my GTS build is only like 7-8k more than the S build so I feel there’s more value in the GTS.
I went back and forth when I was doing my buildout. This is my last ICE vehicle before going fully EV. So I though I would go all out. If you outfit and S, it is close to a GTS. The resale on a GTS will also be higher down the road as it will hold its value more. Especially since this is the last of it's breed and there will be no more changes to it before Macan goes fully EV. Get the GTS, but make sure you get the premium package. It's only $4k more and you're getting a lot for it. You're already spending a great ***** of change, this is only adding like 4% to the price.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new here and so excited to be in this forum, have wanted to own a Macan for a long time now and it looks like I’m getting closer and closer to owning one!
I wanted to get the forum’s thoughts on a few questions I had before purchasing one of the 2 vehicles I have under consideration. The Macan I’ve wanted for a very long time is the GTS but also wanted to get your guys thoughts on the Macan S.

GTS BUILD: The Porsche Code

S BUILD: The Porsche Code

My budget is to stay under 90k or so (without taxes and fees) so I had to make some sacrifices on the GTS build like 8 way memory seats and no Bose audio but I realized I couldn’t get Bose audio on the new S anyways since they tookit out of the options on the Porsche website for the S. Do you guys have any thoughts on the builds and the compromises like the 8 way power seats?

Thank you guys so much! I can’t wait to be a part of this amazing forum that I’ve been reading for years!
Don't forget to watch Nick Murray's review of S vs. GTS performance review:
S vs. GTS

·
Registered
993 Posts
If your delta is only about $8K and you may come away with "what ifs" which leads to buyers' remorse, what are you really saving? Why do that yourself over $8K when ordering a brand new Porsche? There are many other circumstances where people choose the S over a GTS but it seems like you are trying to make your S build close to a GTS anyways.

Personally, I like the 8 way seats in terms of looks and comfort much more over the 14 way seats. Main reason I got the 18 ways was because it was the only way to get ventilated seats which I really wanted. Some people simply don't fit well in the 18 way and 8 way seats so they go for the flatter bolsters of the 14 way seats. And the standard audio system isn't absolutely terrible. It's still a modern audio system. Like you, my standards on car audio is pretty low though because it's just way down on my list of priorities.

Reactions: VxD

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Your GTS is a perfect spec lean car . I would take that car over an s any day of the week. I would consider pulling the sunroof off and putting ventilated seats on. But I live in Miami and leather can get really hot in the summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your GTS is a perfect spec lean car . I would take that car over an s any day of the week. I would consider pulling the sunroof off and putting ventilated seats on. But I live in Miami and leather can get really hot in the summer.
Hmmmm you actually bring up another great point I just thought of 😂 . I usually only like to keep the moonroof cover open so light comes thru but I never actually open the moonroof on any of my cars. For 1.7k I could just get better seats as you said and Bose but I heard having a moonroof in general helps with resale and value down the line. I’m new to Porsche so any thoughts on that? I’m the kind of person that truly cares more about the performance than stuff like moonroof and audio so you bring up a great point.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Hmmmm you actually bring up another great point I just thought of 😂 . I usually only like to keep the moonroof cover open so light comes thru but I never actually open the moonroof on any of my cars. For 1.7k I could just get better seats as you said and Bose but I heard having a moonroof in general helps with resale and value down the line. I’m new to Porsche so any thoughts on that? I’m the kind of person that truly cares more about the performance than stuff like moonroof and audio so you bring up a great point.
Don’t buy the car for the next guy. There are plenty of people who don’t care if it has a sunroof or not. I would say 85% of the base car loaners that I’ve driven had no sunroof. Sadly the best sunroof I’ve ever experienced is in the 911 but it’s the worst car to put it in. The Macan roof is awful. I have it only because my wife likes it. The glass part is behind the driver so you don’t really feel the spaciousness in front of you. It adds about 250 pounds of weight in the center of mass of the car . Occasionally I’ve heard a little creek going over certain bumps. It’s crap. The better seats are not though and ventilation on the seats can be quite helpful on a humid day.

·
Registered
|2022 Porsche Macan GTS |2018 Porsche Macan GTS (Retired)
59 Posts
For those people recommending against the sunroof try opening it under the bridge and hitting the throttle har - that sound alone is worth the cost.
I second this. On the not so hot days when AC isn’t needed, I open the sunroof just to hear the exhaust sound. You can hear it a lot more through sunroof vs opening the side windows. But this only applies to those who care about the sound.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
For those people recommending against the sunroof try opening it under the bridge and hitting the throttle har - that sound alone is worth the cost.
I second this. On the not so hot days when AC isn’t needed, I open the sunroof just to hear the exhaust sound. You can hear it a lot more through sunroof vs opening the side windows. But this only applies to those who care about the sound.
You guys have to be kidding. Both the weight and drag compromise to listen to noise that is produced from the mufflers is not the purpose of a sunroof. Besides the OP said he doesn’t open it he just likes the glass. It is possible to go $2000 over budget but I don’t think it’s worth it for this.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts