Porsche Macan Forum banner

2023 Macan GTS Order Feedback

5K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Hokie 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi - about to lock in an allocation for delivery in May for a 2023 Macan GTS to replace my fully spec’d 2020 Macan Turbo (due to a split up). I absolutely loved my previous build so tried to replicate it as much as possible despite some options not being available.

My 2020 was also chalk with red garnet leather - new build is Bordeaux which is similar but darker. Love the red and chalk combo.

Not sure about the carbon fiber side blades but they might look sharp on chalk?

Appreciate any feedback!

#6 ·
Looks Great to me.. wow .. lots of everything !!
Interesting - in your configuration the lights are not matrix .. in the Canadian version they are matrix when you select the upgrade..
You obviously liked the Berm in your 2020 version and have selected it again ??
thanks! The berm was nice in the 2020 and my thought is why fix something not broken lol. Not sure they’re incrementally that much better than Bose though.

#8 · (Edited)
Do you really need PASM? Do you know it actually RAISES the vehicle 10mm. If you DONT check the box, you stil get the air suspension, but it sits nicer/lower at 10m less. I would NOT check the box for PASM as you currently do.
Also I would skip the CF Sideblades.

Lastly, personal preference.. but Macans dont need PTV. We arent racing them @ the track and its not needed.

JMO, some others may think differently...

Man, you have a ton of options. I hope your SA is giving you a nice discount.... hes going to make a killing!
Good job though.

#9 ·
Do you really need PASM? Do you know it actually RAISES the vehicle 10mm. If you DONT check the box, you stil get the air suspension, but it sits nicer/lower at 10m less. I would NOT check the box for PASM as you have it.
Also I would skip the CF Sideblades.
Lastly, personal preference.. but Macans dont need PTV. We arent racing them @ the track and its not needed.
Ditto.
Also, Self Steering ParkAssist and Lane Keep Assist seem contrary to the GTS mission, but may give you a well deserved break coming home from a afternoon of canyon carving..

#12 ·
Looks amazing. Curious as to why you would get Porsche crests on the headrests when "GTS" stitching is standard? Also, rear windows are tinted, so maybe skip the sunshade?

Smart to get GT steering wheel, PASM, PTV+ and sport chrono. It is a GTS and should def get all the "performance" stuff. The Burmester is awesome and so glad I got it!

Otherwise, nice build! Similar to my option list, although a different color. Enjoy!

#14 ·
Thanks! My Turbo had the Porsche crests on headrest with Turbo stitching on center console area which I thought was a nice touch - just a personal preference I guess.

Good call on skipping the shades. I didn’t have that in my Turbo and was just curious if it was worth it.

#13 ·
Side blades .. I put the carbon blades on , then off , then on again, then off, then on to the point where I felt badly to make the final call to take them off . I wish there was a side blade delete but since the car has them it becomes a real issue with a light color . I got them twice (rhodium, white) and this time around I said no more . I went with chalk /body color .

#19 ·
Any thoughts on the GTS exterior package in satin black option? Looks a bit sportier? Here’s an updated build: The Porsche Code
I selected it on mine. Looks sportier in my opinion, as per the GTS sport package. It is painted satin black not just raw plastic like the base and S. It also matches the front trim, side blades, wheels and satin badges.

#26 ·
I don’t think the red GTS on the side blades is too over the top. It matches the calipers and is subtle. You spent $$$ for the GTS IMO it’s nice to advertise it a little. And that is tasteful IMO.

also look up health effects of an ionizer. Some people have reactions to it and don’t like the smell. Good build. Like the Macan. 👍🏻

#28 ·
I don’t think the red GTS on the side blades is too over the top. It matches the calipers and is subtle. You spent $$$ for the GTS IMO it’s nice to advertise it a little. And that is tasteful IMO.

also look up health effects of an ionizer. Some people have reactions to it and don’t like the smell. Good build. Like the Macan. 👍🏻
Thanks! I only use the ionizer driving on the I-5 here in CA where there’s a huge cattle farm. I’ll take the ionizer smell over them any day 😁

#32 ·
I agree (I think 🤔). Now I'm going back to my coffee and newspaper.😊

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.