Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be mine and my wife’s first Porsche! We currently have have a 22 Lincoln Aviator and a 13 Lexus IS250 (trading it in), We’re both 27 with no kids, the macan gts seems like the perfect fun small SUV to add along side our Aviator. I was hoping for some input on our build and what options we should remove/add. Carbon fibre side blades worth it on a black car? Is it even noticeable?

Thank you and excited to finally join the Porsche family!!

Porsche Code
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Seat belt

· Registered
2023 GTS - Dolomite / Bordeaux PPUQ7NL7
439 Posts
Nice build. I'd remove the power steering plus as I've read a lot of negative feedback on here. It's also tempting to add the carbon sills ideas of black aluminum to finish the full carbon look.

· Registered
84 Posts
Beauty! I’d get rid of the power steering plus, the puddle lights and the surround view, unless you have difficulty parking 🤣 each to their own! Also have you sat in the 18’s vs the 14’s? I liked the 18’s but wifey thought the 14’s were more comfortable. It will be her car so…..Enjoy!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice build. I'd remove the power steering plus as I've read a lot of negative feedback on here. It's also tempting to add the carbon sills ideas of black aluminum to finish the full carbon look.
Interesting I didn’t know about all the negative feedback about PS+ for a $300 option I thought it was bargain in terms of porsche pricing to include, guess not 😂. Carbon sills would complete the full carbon look but I thought I’d save some bucks where I could lol. PTV+ worth it in your opinion?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beauty! I’d get rid of the power steering plus, the puddle lights and the surround view, unless you have difficulty parking 🤣 each to their own! Also have you sat in the 18’s vs the 14’s? I liked the 18’s but wifey thought the 14’s were more comfortable. It will be her car so…..Enjoy!
My wife will be driving the Macan as well, figured surround view might save me money in the long run from wheel refinishing 🤣🤣. Does the Macan come standard with entry lighting standard? The puddle lights seemed like a cool addition for the night

· Registered
2023 Macan GTS
15,298 Posts
Interesting I didn’t know about all the negative feedback about PS+ for a $300 option I thought it was bargain in terms of porsche pricing to include, guess not 😂. Carbon sills would complete the full carbon look but I thought I’d save some bucks where I could lol. PVT+ worth it in your opinion?
I agree with removing PSP. . Back in the days of buying lot cars my dealership put PSP in EVERY car . Its instant commission . It was never a deal breaker but it is useless . Some feel its a negative , Nonetheless I have owned 5 Macan's and only one had it.My wife (primary driver) didn't know which one so I asked her which she thought . She had no idea . Its that useless .

Everything else is perfect ! It's a very nice car !!

· Registered
439 Posts
Interesting I didn’t know about all the negative feedback about PS+ for a $300 option I thought it was bargain in terms of porsche pricing to include, guess not 😂. Carbon sills would complete the full carbon look but I thought I’d save some bucks where I could lol. PVT+ worth it in your opinion?
There's a sticky thread on here about PTV+ Read up on it. Lots of info and opinions.

The ideal would be to drive two cars back to back with it and without. I couldn't even drive one GTS, so I left it out. I didn't like the sound of the added brake wear for the added driving feel. My personal opinion is that the porsche system is a bit behind tech wise, using brakes.

· Registered
712 Posts
@Harj ; the build looks very nice.

A few of thoughts.

On the PSP+, drive one side by side with and without. I found it too light and disconnected for my tastes, but tastes differ so do the test if you can.

Avoid ACC if you are on the prairies.

PTV+ is worth it in my mind for tromping through ice and snow. The bonus is how the car corners in the dry.

Beware the new luxury tax grab.

· Registered
105 Posts
I have a volcano grey GTS with carbon fibre blades. I love the carbon fibre. It really dresses it up compared to bare plastic. That said, it does get lost on volcano. I could see just going with painted blades. On a sunny day when clean you can see the carbon fibre weave, but in most cases it just blends in. In a lighter Color it would look awesome imo.

We do have carbon fibre interior trim. Yes it’s a little cheesy, but I like it. Personal choice that dresses things up. Others may prefer aluminum. I don’t love the plastic.

Definitely skip the steering unless someone driving the car is very weak armed. It just lightens the wheel at low speeds. Not needed. Could be added by software later if you really wanted.

I don’t have PTV+. I’ve never driven one with (dealer doesn’t have much to try). I wish it did though as honestly in the snow it’s quite rwd biased and my wife finds the back end quite loose under power in the turns. I think PTV may help this.

I recommend surround view (the Macan is our only car without it). I hear the comments about learn to drive, but when in parking garages and narrow spots I always park at an end against the side to prevent door dings. Surround view facilitates this.

· Registered
110 Posts
I would try and test drive cars with and without power steering+. I don't have it on my GTS and it is a tad heavy when parking compared to my previous Ford Edge. Having said that, the steering feels fantastic when driving on the open road.
Great build though.

· Registered
439 Posts
Go look at a car with surround view. Then have someone stand at the very corner of the car and see if they disappear. I haven't tested this on the macan, but on a '22 Audi SQ5 that's exactly what happens, making the whole option completely pointless.

· Registered
10 Posts
Good looking build!

What dealer did you order it from? I ordered my 22 GTS from Pfaff in Toronto since January of this year. Expect delivery early November (its on the water as we speak) I ended up getting a 23 as the allocation was pushed back. Originally i was supposed to get it in April.

I would expect atleast an 8 month wait for it. The dealers say one thing but they dont even have allocations for the vehicles they are selling.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with removing PSP. . Back in the days of buying lot cars my dealership put PSP in EVERY car . Its instant commission . It was never a deal breaker but it is useless . Some feel its a negative , Nonetheless I have owned 5 Macan's and only one had it.My wife (primary driver) didn't know which one so I asked her which she thought . She had no idea . Its that useless .

Everything else is perfect ! It's a very nice car !!
Thanks for the input I talked to my SA he’s trying to set up a demo to compare.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's a sticky thread on here about PTV+ Read up on it. Lots of info and opinions.

The ideal would be to drive two cars back to back with it and without. I couldn't even drive one GTS, so I left it out. I didn't like the sound of the added brake wear for the added driving feel. My personal opinion is that the porsche system is a bit behind tech wise, using brakes.
My SA told me its nice in dry conditions but especially in the winter helps with cornering when the roads are bad. Its my first porsche so maybe I’m getting a little too trigger happy with options but I figure you can only buy your first porsche once LOL 🤣 🤣

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Harj ; the build looks very nice.

A few of thoughts.

On the PSP+, drive one side by side with and without. I found it too light and disconnected for my tastes, but tastes differ so do the test if you can.

Avoid ACC if you are on the prairies.

PTV+ is worth it in my mind for tromping through ice and snow. The bonus is how the car corners in the dry.

Beware the new luxury tax grab.
Hopefully if my SA comes through I can drive one side by side even its not a Macan any comparison would help. My thought exactly on PVT+. The new luxury tax here in Ontario sucks :mad:

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a volcano grey GTS with carbon fibre blades. I love the carbon fibre. It really dresses it up compared to bare plastic. That said, it does get lost on volcano. I could see just going with painted blades. On a sunny day when clean you can see the carbon fibre weave, but in most cases it just blends in. In a lighter Color it would look awesome imo.

We do have carbon fibre interior trim. Yes it’s a little cheesy, but I like it. Personal choice that dresses things up. Others may prefer aluminum. I don’t love the plastic.

Definitely skip the steering unless someone driving the car is very weak armed. It just lightens the wheel at low speeds. Not needed. Could be added by software later if you really wanted.

I don’t have PTV+. I’ve never driven one with (dealer doesn’t have much to try). I wish it did though as honestly in the snow it’s quite rwd biased and my wife finds the back end quite loose under power in the turns. I think PTV may help this.

I recommend surround view (the Macan is our only car without it). I hear the comments about learn to drive, but when in parking garages and narrow spots I always park at an end against the side to prevent door dings. Surround view facilitates this.
Would you be able to post some pictures of your car? Thats the one option I’m kinda on the fence about to save some $$ I fear it‘ll just blend into the black car, I agree on a lighter coloured car it would look amazing. I think PTV+ is a nice addition for the winter as well. Surround view and ACC are both options I feel like every car in 2022 should have.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would try and test drive cars with and without power steering+. I don't have it on my GTS and it is a tad heavy when parking compared to my previous Ford Edge. Having said that, the steering feels fantastic when driving on the open road.
Great build though.
My SA is setting up a comparison for me. My old BMW had a heavy steering so it doesn’t bother me as much but for wife it would be nice if it performs as advertised

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Go look at a car with surround view. Then have someone stand at the very corner of the car and see if they disappear. I haven't tested this on the macan, but on a '22 Audi SQ5 that's exactly what happens, making the whole option completely pointless.
I’m just hoping it saves my wheels when my wife parks LOL🤣🤣

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good looking build!

What dealer did you order it from? I ordered my 22 GTS from Pfaff in Toronto since January of this year. Expect delivery early November (its on the water as we speak) I ended up getting a 23 as the allocation was pushed back. Originally i was supposed to get it in April.

I would expect atleast an 8 month wait for it. The dealers say one thing but they dont even have allocations for the vehicles they are selling.
Ordered from Porsche of London. I’d be happy if I can get it late spring/early summer.

· Registered
2021 Macan GTS
105 Posts
This will be mine and my wife’s first Porsche! We currently have have a 22 Lincoln Aviator and a 13 Lexus IS250 (trading it in), We’re both 27 with no kids, the macan gts seems like the perfect fun small SUV to add along side our Aviator. I was hoping for some input on our build and what options we should remove/add. Carbon fibre side blades worth it on a black car? Is it even noticeable?

Thank you and excited to finally join the Porsche family!!
I find surround view very good in helping avoid wheel curb rash, especially overhead view. I don’t have PS+ and see no need for it. Steering is very easy at low speed and when stopped. I don’t think you’ll notice PTV+ in normal driving but in snow it could be a life saver. Heated windshield is great in cold as the regular defrost mode directs 100% of air flow to windshield and none to cabin. The heated windshield let’s you defrost and heat cabin. Carbon fibre side blades are questionable from an aesthetics standpoint on Black IMO.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts