Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
14,873 Posts
There's something i don't like about the body coloured painted surround in the rear apron which I was glad to be able to option out.
When my SA confirmed that the satin exterior package on the GTS was indeed painted black and not just raw plastic, it sealed the deal for me.
Fair enough as long as it’s painted. You have to go with what you like and it’s free so that’s always positive.

· Registered
2023 GTS - Dolomite / Bordeaux
305 Posts
Reviving this older thread. I can now confirm that the GTS exterior package in satin black option does indeed give you smooth satin black PAINTED lip spoiler, side skirts and rear apron surround. It matches the satin side blades and the wheels.
It is not raw textured plastic like the base, T and S trim levels.

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

· Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 255475
View attachment 255476

The top image is the GTS sport package with the satin black bottom pieces. The bottom image is the regular GTS with the painted bottom pieces. That's the Canadian configurator. Not sure if it's the same everywhere else.
I am torn on this, I think depending on the color it could go either way. I want to order a chalk gts when my dealer gets another allocation and really don’t know which way to go

· Registered
2023 GTS - Dolomite / Bordeaux
305 Posts
I was on the fence too as I'd not seen it person but I'm really glad i went with it.

On a light color I don't like the way the rear diffuser surround or the chin spoiler look when they're painted body color.

The side skirts i could have lived with body color if the lines matched up better at the rear with the black apron.

It's a subtle change, especially when comparing to the other trim levels that get the textured black plastic. I think it looks much better painted satin black.

Couple more pics
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2,701 Posts
Personally I wouldn't ever go for the black lower pieces, painted or plastic....it just cheapens the car and just makes it look like a base model.
I disagree. IMO the GTS exterior package satin black option gives the GTS a more sporty look....slimming as well.

The satin black panels will be less expensive to repaint too if necessary.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Softsand

· Registered
2022 Macan T (PN22I7J6)
241 Posts
On a light coloured car, certainly makes the car less bulky. Painting everything body colour makes it more susceptible to showing stone chips too. It was a phase back in the day but can look cheap with a lack of contrast. Imagine taking it to the extreme and doing the window surrounds too !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts