Porsche Macan Forum banner

2022S vs 2021GTS

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  typ993 
#1 ·
I configured a 2022 Macan S and it came out at a little over $71k. Previously my 2021 Macan S configuration with similar options, except for the 19” wheels, was around $69k. 2022 Macan S comes with 20” wheels so the final prices are similar.

However, the 2022 S has the 2.9L engine with more power and a 4.6 sec 0-60 time vs. 2021 S‘s 5.2 sec. So isn’t the 2022 S a much better deal?
Just a FYI for all comparing prices between 2021 and 2022. This has to be done a bit slow and carefully in the configurator. The price difference between model years both positive and negative can vary between trims and the “exact” options selected. Some packages have dropped certain options and some things have been added. Trims have gained options that may increase or decrease your bottom line when specking both years to compare.

For example my 2021 GTS build is about a $6500 increase if I go to a 2022 with the exact same options (including keeping the wheel price the same… $0 in my case with the standard gts spyders). Yet another member here with a high spec 2021 gts order saves some option costs when doing a 2022 and in the end the cost between model years is almost the same. So again, be careful, you cannot just go through the 2022 fast and click away like it’s a 2021, be sure and read carefully what you are getting in your selections.

#2 · (Edited)
Just a FYI for all comparing prices between 2021 and 2022. This has to be done a bit slow and carefully in the configurator. The price difference between model years both positive and negative can vary between trims and the “exact” options selected. Some packages have dropped certain options and some things have been added. Trims have gained options that may increase or decrease your bottom line when specking both years to compare.

For example my 2021 GTS build is about a $6500 increase if I go to a 2022 with the exact same options (including keeping the wheel price the same… $0 in my case with the standard gts spyders). Yet another member here with a high spec 2021 gts order saves some option costs when doing a 2022 and in the end the cost between model years is almost the same. So again, be careful, you cannot just go through the 2022 fast and click away like it’s a 2021, be sure and read carefully what you are getting in your selections.
But the 2022 GTS build u just made is not a 2021 GTS spec anymore. 2022 GTS build u made is basically a 2021 Turbo so you would have to compare your 2021 GTS to a 2022 S because they both have equal power which would mean that this year's model is cheaper for sure.

#3 ·
Yes. of course but only if you are looking at just engine specs. A 2022 S will not handle the same as 2021 GTS when you take the engine out of the equation. As has been discussed in numerous threads over the years, the driving dynamics between S and GTS are not the same.

#4 ·
You are wrong again, 2022 S, and 2021 GTS is basically the same car I just built one of each myself and I don't see anything different (except for the exterior and interior changes ofcourse). 2022 S is actually 0.1 sec faster than 2021 GTS, same safety features, same handling features, same everything (actually 2022 S has self-parking and it's still cheaper lol). 2022 S is cheaper and faster than the 2021 GTS with the same spec and I don't see anything that is different that justifies your statement of "will not handle the same" unless you've driven a 2022 Macan S already haha.

#6 ·
You are wrong again, 2022 S, and 2021 GTS is basically the same car I just built one of each myself and I don't see anything different (except for the exterior and interior changes ofcourse). 2022 S is actually 0.1 sec faster than 2021 GTS, same safety features, same handling features, same everything (actually 2022 S has self-parking and it's still cheaper lol). 2022 S is cheaper and faster than the 2021 GTS with the same spec and I don't see anything that is different that justifies your statement of "will not handle the same" unless you've driven a 2022 Macan S already haha.
The options configurator does not lay out the differences between GTS and S when it comes to how they are engineered differently affecting the driving dynamics. Now, the moderators will not want us turning this into a GTS vs S discussion, but I would strongly suggest you do a little research beyond the use of the configurator to see all that goes into the engineering and systems tuning of a GTS vs. an S or Turbo (they are all different and for a reason). There is a lovely and lengthy sticky thread here on the macanforum on this very topic that will hopefully assist you (yes, its older but will give you an insight on what has paved its way fwd and only improved year to year). What I am saying is, the new 2022 S is still an S, now with the prior years GTS engine and horsepower (and surely some nice other improvements for an "S"), Not knocking the new 2022 S, as surely it will be the best Macan S to date in all around performance. However this does not make it equal to a 2021 GTS when it comes to driving dynamics (except for maybe now the speed on paper). There is a reason (well many actually) the GTS Macan is the most drivers focused Macan model that have nothing to do with the HP and Torque numbers.

#12 ·
I went by my dealer this weekend to pick up some parts and had a talk with my SA. She had just gotten a new 2022 Macan (probably the base, didn't ask) vs. my 2021 GTS. She said I shouldn't have any regrets with getting a 2021, as she thought the 2022 felt a little cheaper (she specifically mentioned the shifter handle and the roller selectors on the steering wheel). I wanted the 2021 to get actual buttons vs. the piano black touch interface.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.