Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
202 Posts
This is an interesting thread. In my case my DD is a ‘22 X3 M40i. I am wondering if I’d be a bit disappointed with a ‘23 Macan S vs the brilliantly new B58 with mild hybrid tech, added in the ‘22.

$15K more for a Macan S and I‘d expect better all around performance in all drive modes not just better handling than the latest and greatest M40i from BMW.
Hi Zero

Good second post. Looking forward to seeing more.
👍🎉😀

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
This is an interesting thread. In my case my DD is a ‘22 X3 M40i. I am wondering if I’d be a bit disappointed with a ‘23 Macan S vs the brilliantly new B58 with mild hybrid tech, added in the ‘22.

$15K more for a Macan S and I‘d expect better all around performance in all drive modes not just better handling than the latest and greatest M40i from BMW.
I would think that they Hybrid would offer pretty good grunt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The LCI 2022 BMW X3 M40i has a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 motor coupled with a 48-volt mild-hybrid system, allowing the car to produce 382 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. Turbo lag is virtually non existent. Kudos to BMW for adding this newest tech.

This 48-volt mild hybrid system provides up to 11 hp of extra push and enables the gas engine to turn off completely when the car slows down to under 9 mph. The system is also able to shut the engine off and "glide" at speeds between 15 and 99 mph and it works as advertised.

In my opinion, for the money, this is the best engines in the BMW stable right now. Looks are subjective…

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
The LCI 2022 BMW X3 M40i has a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 motor coupled with a 48-volt mild-hybrid system, allowing the car to produce 382 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. Turbo lag is virtually non existent. Kudos to BMW for adding this newest tech.

This 48-volt mild hybrid system provides up to 11 hp of extra push and enables the gas engine to turn off completely when the car slows down to under 9 mph. The system is also able to shut the engine off and "glide" at speeds between 15 and 99 mph and it works as advertised.

In my opinion, for the money, this is the best engines in the BMW stable right now. Looks are subjective…
I sold my 22 M40i at 250 miles.
Engine/response was outstanding.
However, the ride quality was god awful.
I had 19 All Season tires.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts