Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
586 Posts
It was, you know how it rolls, you start out just going to track days, then you buy tires, and need a trailer for tires, then you buy a miata/951 and need a trailer for those... and then you weekends disappear, leave early Sat morning, get back late Sunday. I missed my family, so I started to get back into dirt bikes, I could go do that for a few hours and be home. It was fun, a lot of fun... and then it started to be work.
Lol you’ve been down the rabbit hole! I am now to the Macan GTS for the street, a RZR for the dirt with an aluminum trailer to tug it along. Sounds like you have it made to me!

·
Registered
268 Posts
My '22 S is a Rocket! Keep in mind she has a Pedal Commander and a JB4 piggy back tuner set on map 3 for
93 Octane and she stays in Sport mode most of the time. Even in Normal she is no slouch.
The WRX (slightly tuned) is now a pirogue, a Honda Super Cub, a three-toed sloth in comparison.

·
Registered
390 Posts
That’s the easy fix, just put it in Sport mode and enjoy

Reactions: lyricgskills

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
So I installed the Pedal Commander in my Gen 2 Turbo on the weekend - easiest install ever on RHD cars. Took me no more than 10 mins. Top tip use some blu-tack (Plasti-Tak in US?) on the end of the Torx bit to hold the bolt as you remove it.

Anyway I've only had time to drive the car once since and with PC set to City Mode default (I've read City +2 is ideal for town driving). Got to a T junction turning right, put the foot down and it was a big surprise, darted out which I wasn't expecting because my brain has got used to the slow motion disconnect between what I want the car to do and what actually happens. I find the lag in comfort mode most noticeable in stop start traffic ... as I slowly head off the car behind is already on my bumper. City mode default still has some lag for me.

I'll be out tomorrow on a longer test drive with different settings on PC and will report back.

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
I did think about dropping the panel but it was just easier for me to go straight for the bolt on the pedal - I'm kneeling outside the drivers door peering in under the dash and I can see what I need to do with both hands free so undoing the panel was just extra work.

·
Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
1,834 Posts
it's the same engine as the 21 GTS....so it should perform the same. I guess the 22 has a different tuning from Porsche. If you don't like the 22S, drive a 20/21 S and miraculously, you'll love the 22S. The PC or it's lower priced clone is an easy option, if you want more...

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
218 Posts
So I installed the Pedal Commander in my Gen 2 Turbo on the weekend - easiest install ever on RHD cars. Took me no more than 10 mins. Top tip use some blu-tack (Plasti-Tak in US?) on the end of the Torx bit to hold the bolt as you remove it.

Anyway I've only had time to drive the car once since and with PC set to City Mode default (I've read City +2 is ideal for town driving). Got to a T junction turning right, put the foot down and it was a big surprise, darted out which I wasn't expecting because my brain has got used to the slow motion disconnect between what I want the car to do and what actually happens. I find the lag in comfort mode most noticeable in stop start traffic ... as I slowly head off the car behind is already on my bumper. City mode default still has some lag for me.

I'll be out tomorrow on a longer test drive with different settings on PC and will report back.
I’ve likely missed this piece of info in other threads, but with pedal ommander installied, do you still get progressively more aggressive response going from comfort to S to S+ or does it just stay at the new pedal commander setting?

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
This doesn't seem normal . Of course the font on the pedal is not enough to see the RPM and response . BTW I am not a fan of the S and never have been. Despite my bias it takes more to convince me this is not a problem.

Have you showed this to your technicians ? I would . The 22S has the same engine as the 2nd gen GTS minus the aggressive throttle map of a GTS . Do things improve in sport ? If so by how much ? How many miles are on the car ?

You should not have to modify this car to make it right .

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree this car in regular mode is a turd lol

when you flick the switch the Sport and Sport +, thats when the car wakes up, for those who are ordering the car, i woud highly recommend the sport chrono to get the steering wheel mode switch and sport + mode

Im still waiting to hit 3k km before i push it more but i tried driving it in S and S+, it definitely changes the dynamics of the car - currently at 2.5k km and ive pushed it up to 5-6k RPM 3-4x briefly

break in manual says to not drive past 4k km for first 3k km, hope i didnt break anything going up to 6k rpms

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope this PC changes response.

I’m very disappointed with the lack of power in my 22 S.

My 16 year old daughter actually brought it up.

But for now the wife is happy so it stays.

I’ll take it to the drag strip next week and get some real time numbers and draggy Numbers. Hopefully I’ll have room to get a 60-130.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Let’s be real, the 22 Macan at S or GTS level does not lack power. It lacks throttle response in normal mode. It will still move quite well if you put your foot down, just not as quickly as it does in the Sport modes.

Reactions: rgranger

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Let’s be real, the 22 Macan at S or GTS level does not lack power. It lacks throttle response in normal mode. It will still move quite well if you put your foot down, just not as quickly as it does in the Sport modes.
Agreed, but mentally, having to smash the pedal just to get it to feel a little peppy defeats the point of having a sports anything :) I hope the pedal commander makes my 22 feel like the wife's 19.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts