Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
So I installed the Pedal Commander in my Gen 2 Turbo on the weekend - easiest install ever on RHD cars. Took me no more than 10 mins. Top tip use some blu-tack (Plasti-Tak in US?) on the end of the Torx bit to hold the bolt as you remove it.

Anyway I've only had time to drive the car once since and with PC set to City Mode default (I've read City +2 is ideal for town driving). Got to a T junction turning right, put the foot down and it was a big surprise, darted out which I wasn't expecting because my brain has got used to the slow motion disconnect between what I want the car to do and what actually happens. I find the lag in comfort mode most noticeable in stop start traffic ... as I slowly head off the car behind is already on my bumper. City mode default still has some lag for me.

I'll be out tomorrow on a longer test drive with different settings on PC and will report back.

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
I did think about dropping the panel but it was just easier for me to go straight for the bolt on the pedal - I'm kneeling outside the drivers door peering in under the dash and I can see what I need to do with both hands free so undoing the panel was just extra work.

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
My ’21 Macan Turbo was a huge disappointment regards to throttle response so I got the PC and it helped a lot. I had a X3M before that and it had a killer throttle response But the worst ride over bad roads. Macan Turbo fixed the ride issue but brought the throttle issue.

Maybe too many choices on PC, but I tend to drive City -2 most often. I can’t seem to find the perfect setting where I feel like it fixed everything. Maybe City -2.5 would be good if there was the option.

I sent mine to Florida and now drive my wife’s ’21 base X3 as she got a base ‘22 Cayenne. Both the X3 and the Cayenne have throttle responses that are great. I just don’t get it with the Macan.

I’ll be driving the Macan in a few weeks so I‘ll have to revisit the throttle response issue again. Tempted to just trade it in for something else.
Same here with my '21 Turbo - that lag in comfort mode is horrible. Have PC installed and its a definite improvement, still trying to find the right setting. City +2 is the best for me so far and works very well from a standing start but once on the go there still seems a sort of flat spot behaviour in the lower gears and then it picks up again. I like the fact the PC 'adds' to the Sports and Sports+ modes of the car.

I've driven the 22 GTS and the response is spot on (Porsche did the underbody changes well) - pity the updated styling is so 'plasticky'. Would love to know what was done to remove the response lag - engine map or something specific on the throttle electronics.

Interested to hear how the Roar Pedal stacks up against the PC. A side by side comparison would be good.

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
I’ve likely missed this piece of info in other threads, but with pedal ommander installied, do you still get progressively more aggressive response going from comfort to S to S+ or does it just stay at the new pedal commander setting?
It does add to Sports and Sports Plus but I feel it may be less noticeable given the car is in a more respsonsive mode to start with.

Reactions: KM20Turbo

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
do you recommend the roar pedal? seems to be $100 less than the pedal commander. it it does same thing, i will try it. thanks!
Did you get the Roar Pedal in the end?

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
156 Posts
Quick update on the Pedal Commander after further driving ... so for me in my '21 Turbo the sweet spot is City +3 setting. I mainly drive in Comfort mode with Sport+ on the PASM, low mode on air, stop/start off and sports exhaust engaged. That would be my individual setting but you can't set the sports exhaust to on - have to manually engage every time I start up so no point setting up individual on the chrono.

Anyway standing start lag is pretty much gone and pull off is exactly what I expect. Certainly my driving style had changed as the lag brought in an element of doubt when say joining traffic at a roundabout from standing. I think I also need to make more use of PDK in manual mode and get to understand the gear changes much better - I've previously only driven manual gearshifts.

At the moment I don't feel the need to change the settings on the PC but rather just change the chrono mode on the car if I need more drama. I'm really glad my drive in comfort mode is now more lively without all the additional engine changes in Sport and Sports+.

Can say those with a '22 GTS have in my mind the best driving Macan around having had a loan car previously.

Reactions: lyricgskills
1 - 6 of 6 Posts