Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I would bring this to the attention of Porsche USA. A call, an email, a letter are all recommended to get this documented.

·
Registered
10 Posts
first step is call your dealer sales rep/sales manager and make them fully aware of the mark. pictures sent asap. then let them respond. Cars come factory wrapped for protection during transport, so, if it is in the paint it left the factory that way. Or it is on top of the paint and it would have happened after the protection was removed at the dealership. Perhaps, even after delivery. I bet the dealer takes action to get it solved for you. Unfortunate but Let them do their job. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
But what would you do? Say no to the delivery and order a new one? It is a very difficult situation where you are just out of luck.
good question! yes, @ $3,000 for Miami Blue, i would not accept delivery. That is me.

if OP found it on delivery, then he at least gets to decide what to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the other possibility might be where the dealer notices the mark after they remove the transit film and just fixes it. I would guess that a lot of imperfections are just repaired before delivery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. This is not your problem. You didn’t cause this problem. 2. Go above the dealer if any argument over who is responsible. 3. People working at the factory paint shop will know the details of how this happened after one look at your photo. They will have seen this flaw before, and they will not be happy about seeing it again. Not only because the flaw escaped detection before leaving the factory, but also because they have yet to put a permanent stop to what caused this to occur. Whatever the cause, it remains a problem. The person paid to permanently solve this problem has failed to do so. The people and system in quality control failed to detect this problem. In fact, this type of stunningly visual problem with the paint could be detected with technology, not the human eye/hand inspection. All around failure. Unacceptable from any auto manufacturer, but especially the likes of Porsche.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Bummer!

Email the dealer with your photo. Let them know how disappointed you are after spending an extra 3K for the special color.

So they are prepared with solutions when you bring it in as scheduled.

This must be fixed to your satisfaction at their expense.
If they balk or try to blame you, escalate to PCNA.

I hope they fix it so you cannot even see where the flaw was & compensate you with some N/C service or something else.

Reactions: Dmitry Demidov

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
That's a pretty large "blemish" and if truly under the paint and smooth, had to come that way from factory. Really surprised the dealer dropped the ball and didn't see it before delivery.

When a former 911 I owned came in, the dealer called me and said he noticed a black spot under the PPF on the rear fender. It took a long time before they were able to source and replace those but they did.

Some inspector was asleep or hungover when he/she/they inspected that as it left the factory. I'd be surprised if Porsche doesn't have high resolution cameras scanning the vehicle before and as its wrapped with the protective film before its journey.

All that said, and taking into account everything others have said, at the end of the day it's a car. It's going to get scratched, perhaps dinged, and don't let it take away from your driving enjoyment. Everything is fixable.

·
Premium Member
2022 Macan S on order
81 Posts
I agree that the dealer should have caught it during the PDI. When I picked up my new car last week my SA showed me a flaw in one of the black panels on the B pillar. They had already ordered the part. It was such a minor defect that I never would have seen it.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Most here talk about the dealer but how about Porsche? If this is indeed under the clear coat it didn’t happen in transit so how did the car even passed quality control at the plant? That is a much bigger concern than the dealer. This car should have never left the plant with this defect.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree that the dealer should have caught it during the PDI. When I picked up my new car last week my SA showed me a flaw in one of the black panels on the B pillar. They had already ordered the part. It was such a minor defect that I never would have seen it.
Thats interesting. I took delivery 05/13 and my S had a defect on the passenger side B pillar black panel. My SA tells me it will be July to get the part.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just received my Miami Macan S this Friday - but noticed the next day a small stain embedded in the paint. Does not come off, totally smooth with the rest of the surface thus it seems embedded -

Any suggestion on what to do? Can it be spot painted? It is not noticeable far away (just above the passenger right and in the ceiling/back area)?

View attachment 256869

View attachment 256870
Sad story. I agree with making it a dealer issue. Why did they not see it. Makes my 3 week wait for a part not so significant but Porsche will make it right. Let us know what the dealer says.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts