Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Miami Macan S this Friday - but noticed the next day a small stain embedded in the paint. Does not come off, totally smooth with the rest of the surface thus it seems embedded -

Any suggestion on what to do? Can it be spot painted? It is not noticeable far away (just above the passenger right and in the ceiling/back area)?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Hand Window Hood Human body Automotive tire

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
It looks raised . I have a 16 year old stone guard that fractured and melted so badly that body shop can't get it off . My detail guy said "no worries" and said he uses a steam process . How close are you to Miami ? If far then talk to your dealership .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not raised - the surface is perfectly smooth across the stain and you move to the rest of the paint. I will talk to the dealership - maybe some steam or bleach process can work. I am so bummed.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
It is not raised - the surface is perfectly smooth across the stain and you move to the rest of the paint. I will talk to the dealership - maybe some steam or bleach process can work. I am so bummed.
Whatever you do .. don't paint the panel !! I have seen mistakes . One guy on Rennlist had a Gt silver car with one dolomite silver panel . Thats the worst I ever saw .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks - I appreciate that it is an affirmation that it is not right! Really surprised - I have seen videos on how careful Porsche is with respect to their painting process. We do think it happened then - maybe I should try to post a video with different angles to demonstrate...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Love that Miami Blue. I wish I had had the balls to go for it instead of my very nice Chalk. But...LET THE DEALER HANDLE IT.

Reactions: Cooriander

·
Registered
246 Posts
Let us know what the dealer says. I’m curious if it’s really under the clear. If so then repainting might be worse than just leave it be. The blending process might not be up to factory spec. However By going to the dealer, you should be able to notate that the black issue is from the factory, and therefore at some point you can be eligible for a repaint.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
You do nothing. Let the dealer handle it.
This is a great philosophy but there's one big problem . They are limited . If the blemish is embedded as the OP describes they have two avenues . A stand up dealership would offer to take the car back and re order a car . Now he's back to 7 months or more . The other choice is the fix it and they are not a body shop . A body shop will instantly paint the panel . Hes screwed either way . Leaving it bothers him but it is in a discreet spot . If it comes to a painted panel I would leave it and pin down a solid deal to trade the car for a GTS in 7 months . I am talking discounts and a spot on trade in number .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks- yeah I am very bummed will bring it up with the dealer and see what they do - I spent extra money on getting this color - and now I had a number of people looking at this - and we all agree it seems embedded - b/c other surface is smooth across the area, there are additional 'spots' but they are much smaller and less noticeable. These are only in the vicinity of that stain depicted in the photo. I don't see how I could have caused this - picked up the car, drove it into a garage went grocery shopping. I am going back there to install an undercarriage thing - and will bring it up then. thanks for your input. I will let you know what happens- & I do guess there is a slight chance there may be something that happened within the 24 hours after I picked up the car.

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
thanks- yeah I am very bummed will bring it up with the dealer and see what they do - I spent extra money on getting this color - and now I had a number of people looking at this - and we all agree it seems embedded - b/c other surface is smooth across the area, there are additional 'spots' but they are much smaller and less noticeable. These are only in the vicinity of that stain depicted in the photo. I don't see how I could have caused this - picked up the car, drove it into a garage went grocery shopping. I am going back there to install an undercarriage thing - and will bring it up then. thanks for your input. I will let you know what happens- & I do guess there is a slight chance there may be something that happened within the 24 hours after I picked up the car.
Do not go into details . It only strengthens their reasoning to foist it on you . I would call and tell them you noticed it immediately in less than 24 hours . If they ask what took you two days tell them you love the car and hoped it would just clean off . Thats it ! The more you say the worse it is .

I wish my detail guy could look at this . A picture isn't enough .

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
definately a reason why it is always good to spend 10 minutes with car before picking up and going over front to back. i take a flashlight when i do a pre inspection.
But what would you do? Say no to the delivery and order a new one? It is a very difficult situation where you are just out of luck.

Reactions: Dmitry Demidov

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Do not go into details . It only strengthens their reasoning to foist it on you . I would call and tell them you noticed it immediately in less than 24 hours . If they ask what took you two days tell them you love the car and hoped it would just clean off . Thats it ! The more you say the worse it is .

I wish my detail guy could look at this . A picture isn't enough .
Could not agree more. The moment you open the chance this could have happened after you took delivery you are done. It will be your fault. Now, if you believe it happened after you took delivery than you should take it to a great detail shop and see what they say. If that is the case it should not be embedded under the paint and a good pro would get that removed. I also noticed smaller spots on the picture you shared. That definitely would not pass in any quality control at Porsche.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
@Cooriander I'm sorry, that sucks. I have a guess what may have happened.

My first Cayman had a very tiny enclosure of something under the paint and clear. I brought it to a body shop and they sanded it down to be smooth with the rest of the paint.
But it left a tiny black dot. Black seems to be the final primer coat color right under the actual paint.
My guess is there was something embedded under the paint there and "someone" tried to sand it down to "fix" it.
Now leaving the black primer showing in your picture.
This is my guess as to what you are looking at.
I don't know if anything shy of painting over it will fix it. But I've seen pros do miracles on small spot paint fixes like this one.
If you have them in your area these guys usually do good work Repair Services - Colors on Parade

Sucks on a new car but this can and should be fixed at the dealers expense I think. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts