Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2022 Macan S and have an opportunity to trade it for a 2023 Macan GTS. I read all the reviews of the GTS and came here looking for owner’s feedback. Not sure if the upgrade is going to be worth it (it will probably cost me $25-30k, I would be loading the GTS with burmeister etc). I love my Macan S but it doesnt have the torque kick back of a Cayenne Turbo when you mash the pedal to the floor at higher speeds. But it does have a very good momentum and can accelerate effortlessly to triple digits. It is definitely not slow but you do feel it running out of breath driving it to the redline. It also bounces a bit in tight turns but then again its an SUV. Not sure how much more different GTS will be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would test drive a 2022 GTS to get a feel for the handling and power before making the call - don't believe there are going to be huge changes between 2022 / 2023

Regarding torque kick-backs and power -on the 2021 GTS ; its more of a revver ; not sure if this has fundamentally changed for 2022 - so there is not a lot of low end torque pushing your head back until the revs build up higher at about 5000RPM you are definitely feeling it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would test drive a 2022 GTS to get a feel for the handling and power before making the call - don't believe there are going to be huge changes between 2022 / 2023

Regarding torque kick-backs and power -on the 2021 GTS ; its more of a revver ; not sure if this has fundamentally changed for 2022 - so there is not a lot of low end torque pushing your head back until the revs build up higher at about 5000RPM you are definitely feeling it.
My S has the same engine of the 2021 GTS and I definitely get what you are saying. There is no way to test drive a 2022 GTS unfortunately as they are very rare.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If it were power alone, I’d say get a tune. Since you’re wanting a better suspension as well, you may want to go for the GTS. The AS w/pasm is very good. You could do some mods on what you’ve got to achieve something tighter. But wanting the full Burmester, then make the switch to the GTS and have it all. If you put a tune on the GTS, then you might achieve that elusive power push you seek.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't know what extras the 2023s will get but I'd consider this trade only if there are significant improvements (gauge cluster, PCM 6, etc). Just for the badge, especially considering it's the same engine, it's really not worth it.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
I own a 2022 Macan S and have an opportunity to trade it for a 2023 Macan GTS. I read all the reviews of the GTS and came here looking for owner’s feedback. Not sure if the upgrade is going to be worth it (it will probably cost me $25-30k, I would be loading the GTS with burmeister etc). I love my Macan S but it doesnt have the torque kick back of a Cayenne Turbo when you mash the pedal to the floor at higher speeds. But it does have a very good momentum and can accelerate effortlessly to triple digits. It is definitely not slow but you do feel it running out of breath driving it to the redline. It also bounces a bit in tight turns but then again its an SUV. Not sure how much more different GTS will be.
On a logical level it makes no sense . On an emotional level it makes a lot of sense . Thats how I ended up with 5 Macan's . The upgrade would have originally cost about 10K and now its 25 . The car us a year newer too . There will be improvements but not the huge leap it sounds like you want. It is true that I am biased , For the last month I have been back to back driving my 992 GTS with my 2020 Macan Turbo (it has the same engine and power of the 23 GTS) . For me the leap is tremendous . Its like two different universes .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a Macan S on order so I can't give you any guidance on suspension differences. However, if you didn't go crazy on the options you will at least get your money back on the S and maybe make some money on it. My 22 S (leather, air suspension, body colored blades) costs $71k and and used Macan S with 2500 miles with those options have a dealer blackbook trade-in value of $81k. So I actually gain 15% equity instead of lose 15% equity when I drive of the lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My S has sports exhaust, sport suspension, air suspension already. Its a 82k MSRP car not a basic car. So GTS suspension changes over what I have is what I dont know how different. I drove a Cayenne Turbo a few times and the way that car rotates (due to RWS) and can corner much flatter (due to PDCC) are both very noticable. When you enter a corner fast in my Macan S, even suspension in stiffiest setting and air suspension lowest, there is body roll that you dont get in the cayenne turbo. Cayenne is a bigger car but it feels like it is cornering better. I know it shouldnt do this. I dont know how much of these dislikes I have with S, GTS will also have or improved to what extent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I researched a lot on this forum and others to get answers on what the actual differences are between the new S vs GTS. Engines are exactly the same except for factory tune (de-tune for S).
For suspension, marketing was saying how the GTS is 15% more stiffer than the S with AS. But no one could tell me if the actual air cylinders had a different pressure or was that 15% stiffer just the extra 10mm lowered stance of the GTS? As far as I could find, the swaybars seem to be the same.
So I would say an S with air suspension in the "low" level setting would probably ride about the same as a GTS in the "normal" level setting.
And one another interesting thing - some 22 literature mentioned the S goes 10mm lower in the "low" level setting. My 22 S goes 20mm lower and confirmed my owner manual says 20mm (0.8"):)

If someone knows anything more about the Macan (AS) suspension and difference, please let us know.

·
Registered
2022 Chalk GTS
164 Posts
What's the difference between the 2022 and 2023 Macan? Is the 2023 even officially out? Is the Macan T a 2023? Those changes seem to be simply a package that you could configure on your own, no?

·
Registered
338 Posts
One other thing that differentiates the S and GTS is the side skirts and front and rear fascia that are painted on the GTS. You can do that on the S but you have to option it. I think it makes the car looked finished. Plus it’s less vinyl.

Reactions: RoggieRog

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
403 Posts
What's the difference between the 2022 and 2023 Macan? Is the 2023 even officially out? Is the Macan T a 2023? Those changes seem to be simply a package that you could configure on your own, no?
I belive the only changes were ACC and power steering plus is standard now on the S and GTS and in the USA the base and T also gets it ( not in Australia). They deleted mahogany as a colour option and replaced it with coper ruby metallic. Thats about it. Everything else is the same, so no reason not to go for a MY22.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts