Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got it at end of May. I love it in general, but there are three issues with set up I haven't gotten past, in case anybody can give me clues on any of them.

1. I can't get it to where I can use Apple CarPlay and be logged on under my Porsche ID. If, on the 'Devices' screen of the PCM there's a green Bluetooth icon on the line for 'My Iphone', and a white-circle-with-a-triangle inside icon under 'Link', the car logs me into under my Porsche ID automatically, stays that way next time when car is shut down, but no Apple CarPlay. If I touch the white icon under 'Link', Apple Carplay turns on and appears in the left hand menu of the PCM. But, then the green bluetooth icon under 'Phone' also changes to a green circle icon and I get logged of out my Porsche ID.

Is it possible to set it up so Apple Carplay is always on but you also stay logged onto your Porsche ID?

2. The radio comes on by itself sometimes when I start up, even though not on when the car was last turned off. Not all the time, sometimes. I'm thinking it could be some set up issue, though maybe a gremlin.

3. I have Adaptive Cruise Control and Surround View. I have been unable to mount a front license plate (legally required in my state, at least in theory) to avoid the front camera sensor seeing it as an obstacle. I've tried so far to mount it on the centerline, with a non-drill mounting I bought from 'Cravenspeed' supposedly for 2022 Macan. But you can't mount it at all on the upper part of the grill (as seems like it's supposed to be) without covering the ACC radar sensor. And when I jury rig it on either of the lower rungs of the grill (with rubber pipe insulation to make it fit) the front camera sees it as an obstacle. Anybody know of a mounting that uses the towing connection? I have one of those from my BMW M2 but it doesn't fit the Macan.

·
Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
1,818 Posts
what are you trying to do with porsche ID? I have an ID and get the (free) google pictures on my PCM navigation which I don't use...and I have and use apple carplay. I don't have any problems. why do you care if you are connected to porsche connect while driving?

With apple CarPlay, my radio comes on and then as soon as apple Carplay comes on, the radio goes silent. I have to select "media" on the PCM to bring the PCM radio back to life. I suspect that the key memory might remember the radio volume....you might want to try seetting the key with the radio volume down. (note": the radio never actually goes off...it just mutes).

While I don't suggest it, apparently some drivers don't mount the front plate at all....check the various forums. Does using the Porsche front mount block the sensors???? (see your dealer if it does).

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Use MF search function

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are you trying to do with porsche ID? I have an ID and get the (free) google pictures on my PCM navigation which I don't use...and I have and use apple carplay. I don't have any problems. why do you care if you are connected to porsche connect while driving?

With apple CarPlay, my radio comes on and then as soon as apple Carplay comes on, the radio goes silent. I have to select "media" on the PCM to bring the PCM radio back to life. I suspect that the key memory might remember the radio volume....you might want to try seetting the key with the radio volume down. (note": the radio never actually goes off...it just mutes).
It seems I can't send addresses to the car's nav (car sitting turned off, me at home or a hotel room on a trip) if logged off the Porsche ID. It's not an end-of-Porsche situation, just mainly wondering if this is true for everybody. Are you saying it is for you, that starting Apple CarPlay logs you off Porsche ID and you're logged off when you leave the car (unless you remember to switch back to bluetooth connection icon for phone, ACP turned off)? Or this does not happen to you or you didn't notice because don't care if you're logged onto Porsche ID? (if that's just how it works and no way around it, I'll get used to it, just trying to find out if it has to work that way).

The radio coming on thing for me so far is not related to Apple CarPlay. As I said I'd rather be logged onto the Porsche ID, I can answer the phone hands free via bluetooth non-ACP, and I don't particularly use other iPhone functions when driving. Just seems weird to me it would be set up as a button you can push to 'turn off' the radio in the practical sense you don't hear the radio if you push it (left hand button, if I press it no radio sound, whether technically 'turned off' or not) then it would suddenly be on at pretty high volume next time you start the car. But again these nitpicks are not ruining my Macan experience, just seeing if I can further perfect the experience. And thanks for the reply in any case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use MF search function
You're right I should have separately searched for that one because there are lots of suggestions. I ordered the Rennline plate holder that screws into the tow connection like the Cravenspeed one I had on my BMW M2. I had previously searched the web for the PCM/login/Apple CarPlay issue and only found two things on forums. One was a guy on UK forum asking exact same question and crickets, another guy had a solution to a problem which might have been the same, anyway I tried it and it didn't work for me. I still can only have APC on or be logged into Porsche ID not both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts