Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do 2022 macan has interior led lightning above the dash trim? I found these pics on some other blog and are those really the lights or just the seat color reflection?
Car Motor vehicle White Plant Vehicle
Car Gear shift Vehicle Plant Radio

·
Registered
210 Posts
Seat reflexion 100%. The corner of the left one is obvious when zoomed in. Unfortunate, lights would've been nice.

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
72 Posts
That haptic console looks filthy :oops:

·
Registered
210 Posts
That haptic console looks filthy :oops:
Right, it's quite the fingerprint magnet. I don't understand what were they thinking when they decided that surface would be a good choice for buttons replacement. I guess a small clean microfiber towel will live close to the console when mine arrives... or maybe a matte/satin covering film.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does the Macan interior light package have colour changeable LEDs or is that only on other newer models (Cayenne, 911, etc.)?

I've sworn I've seen a Macan review that detailed it when walking through the PCM, but it's not mentioned on the Macan configurator.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S - Volcano Grey
73 Posts
Does the Macan interior light package have colour changeable LEDs or is that only on other newer models (Cayenne, 911, etc.)?

I've sworn I've seen a Macan review that detailed it when walking through the PCM, but it's not mentioned on the Macan configurator.
No, the Macan hasn’t got colour changeable LED interior lights 🙁

·
Registered
223 Posts
Right, it's quite the fingerprint magnet. I don't understand what were they thinking when they decided that surface would be a good choice for buttons replacement. I guess a small clean microfiber towel will live close to the console when mine arrives... or maybe a matte/satin covering film.
As someone that owned a 2019 Cayenne fo a couple years...a word of caution to anyone planning on keeping a microfiber towel handy. Overtime if done regularly and used "dry" you will scratch up the panel. I would suggest making up a little micro travel size spray bottle of a lubricated detail spray to dampen your towel first, otherwise the regular action of dry dragging dust off the panel will make lots of micro scratches.

·
Registered
210 Posts
As someone that owned a 2019 Cayenne fo a couple years...a word of caution to anyone planning on keeping a microfiber towel handy. Overtime if done regularly and used "dry" you will scratch up the panel. I would suggest making up a little micro travel size spray bottle of a lubricated detail spray to dampen your towel first, otherwise the regular action of dry dragging dust off the panel will make lots of micro scratches.
Good point, thank for the heads-up. I know these surfaces scratch extremely easily.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I eventually get and take delivery of a '22 GTS, I plan to put Xpel on the console (I recall someone else did that) to limit the scratches and fingerprints. Apparently, some PPF have anti-smudge characteristics. Saw it done in an AmmoNYC video on the RS6.
Here it is from 9:43:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
When I eventually get and take delivery of a '22 GTS, I plan to put Xpel on the console (I recall someone else did that) to limit the scratches and fingerprints. Apparently, some PPF have anti-smudge characteristics. Saw it done in an AmmoNYC video on the RS6.
I did it to my wife's 2019 Cayenne. Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
72 Posts
When chatting to my SE about the haptic console this is exactly what he said - microfiber towel with a bottle of mild cleaning spray to hand. I think its fine not to have to go through a regular cleaning routine when its just you driving but when passengers are in I'd be thinking what are they thinking ... Anyway the good thing is at least you see the dirt unlike the buttons which happily hide it - I prefer the non-sterile buttons :D

• Haha
Reactions: r_mcd

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
272 Posts
For all but the really dirty stuff (spilled food type thing) a dry camera lens/eye glass cloth works as well and you can pick them up at any camera store.

When the lens cloth gets dirty, wash with dish soap, rinse well and hang to dry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts