Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was so much potential on 22 macan ambient light but looks like Porsche didnt even care about it. The footwell lights are pathetic so dim and so are the led strips on door panel .
I wanted to increase the brightness for footwell lights and change entire interior ambient lights to blue.
Just wanted to share my DIY upgrades :
1. Film on reflectors
2. Puddle projector lights
3. 6 led lights for foot well lights front , back and trunk. They come in blue but I bought all white as wanted to match with ambient light in case my entire blue upgrade didnt work and also using the film will make entire color in single blue shade.
4. Blue tint on all ambient light:
Front back footwell lights
Door projector pin lights
Door led strip

Footwell lamps

Tint:
DIYAH 12 X 48 Inches Self Adhesive Headlight, Tail Lights, Fog Lights Tint Vinyl Film (Dark Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0Z58OH/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_S9A7JE1PZZKJB8RXM0CB

Puddle lights:

I also tried tinting the dome light, but because of the curve at edge i saw some bubbles/ minute fold in the corner and couldnt stand it with my ocd . Will try this later when im bored ;)

Fyi, rear footwell lights are ridiculous difficult to remove and reinstall as there is no extra wire for you to pull it out, take your time and should be ok.

Took the pics in night mode. So this might not be as bright as it looks in pics ( atleast 80% bright in person)

Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Motor vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Font

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Personal luxury car Car seat cover

Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Removed the footwell lamp, replaced with 6 led and installed blue tint.
Wheel Hand Tire Hood Blue

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

This is how it looks before tint.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Wood Rim Carbon

Netbook Peripheral Table Computer Gadget

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Macan S
270 Posts
For the dome light you might just consider replacing the bulbs.. info on how to remove the assembly here:

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
15 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts