Porsche Macan Forum banner
121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
From the 2022 Macan GTS configurator ---

Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

$0

From the 911 GTS configurator ---

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (Raised 10 mm)

$0

Note the difference -- The Macan does not say "raised" . Neither does the explanation on the site . The 911 does say "raised" and explanation matches it. Both are free . I would choose it on the Macan . I rejected it on the 911build submitted.
Please read the standard features on the Macan GTS (via the configurator). You will see that is says:
Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (Lowered 10 mm)

You can also validate that PASM is standard in the new GTS just in the model information. Screen shot below. Therefore, it comes standard with PASM lowered 10mm, and has an option for PASM that is not lowered. The “lowered” wording is a carryover from the previous GTS models, and can also still be seen listed in the standard features with the “lowered 10mm” notation. There is no steel spring option for the 2022 Macan GTS.

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
Please read the standard features on the Macan GTS (via the configurator). You will see that is says:
Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (Lowered 10 mm)

You can also validate that PASM is standard in the new GTS just in the model information. Screen shot below. Therefore, it comes standard with PASM lowered 10mm, and has an option for PASM that is not lowered. The “lowered” wording is a carryover from the previous GTS models, and can also still be seen listed in the standard features with the “lowered 10mm” notation. There is no steel spring option for the 2022 Macan GTS.

View attachment 244548
I see this as well as the newsroom article . @phroenips stated it can actually be raised which is an option on the 911 GTS . On the configurator in the performance section I have this . Unlike the 911 it doesnt say raised . It simply gives it as a 0 cost item . The second photo is the explanation . Nothing about raising it .

Without having read the newsroom article or looking at the list of standard features I sent right to the comfigurator . When I saw it listed in the same manner as it is listed on my 2020 Turbo I thought it was the same option .

I realize now two things .. First .. you are both right . It's standard . Either the configurator needs a new explanation. like with the 911 or it simply hasn't been updated .

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
228 Posts
Lots of confusion right now as I suspect there are some errors on the Porsche website and in the configurator that need to be worked-out.

Here's example from the Canadian site:

This is from the "Performance" overview of the 2022 Macan but I don't see PCCB anywhere in the configurator.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
^ According to the news press, MY2022 GTS equipped PSCB with red calipers, not certain if it's the same diameter size as the current white calipers PSCB or different brake rotor size.

"... the Macan GTS is fitted with Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with red calipers ..."

It's a deal breaker for me without PCCB option.
2022 GTS Brakes (Standard PSCB):

Front 390mm, Rear 356mm

2020-21 GTS Brakes (Standard Iron Rotors):

Front 360mm, Rear 330mm

Reactions: Mii

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Cayenne Coupe GTS on order with a lock date in 2 weeks for November delivery... Seeing the new GTS has me thinking of coming back to another Macan GTS. Faster and a savings of $30k doesn't hurt either.

Has there been a delivery date provided for first orders yet specifically in Q1?

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo
509 Posts
I am reviewing Standard Equipment and under Safety and Security there is no Warn and Brake Assist* feature or equivalent that is standard on the Cayenne and essential to me separate from ACC. Does that mean if someone wants this feature then ACC must be added? I do not want ACC but want Warn and Brake Assist that is very helpful on our Cayenne. I am going to the dealer but they are clueless about a detail like this despite them going to all training and ride arounds so asking the forum for insight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While it's a matter of personal preference, I think the red calipers go perfectly fine with Gentian Blue. Maybe it's one of those things that you find distasteful at first, but with time you find it's something you can accept. It's also possible that in 6 months or more, Porsche might add the option for black calipers. But for about the same cost as that option, you could have the red calipers professionally re-painted any color you like. Lots of members here have done that.

It seems odd that Porsche would single out the Macan S to have a silver faced tach. And trying to fix that is much more expensive. New clusters are roughly $2500. You could try negotiating with your dealership to swap out the cluster for you upon delivery, at cost rather than retail. But I kind of doubt most dealerships would be open to that. There was another member here who found a used cluster, and swapped out the colored face plate to his. Used clusters can be found for ~$400. Here's a link to that thread.

Changing Speedometer disc Colour

Always disheartening when you can't achieve the ideal configuration. Whatever you decide, best of luck with your path forward.
Thanks - I'm just being spoiled. I could learn to live with both the tach and red calipers, but you're right at least the caliper repaint is a reasonable option. The last time I swiped out an instrument cluster was on a 1981 VW rabbit!

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
228 Posts
I am reviewing Standard Equipment and under Safety and Security there is no Warn and Brake Assist* feature or equivalent that is standard on the Cayenne and essential to me separate from ACC. Does that mean if someone wants this feature then ACC must be added? I do not want ACC but want Warn and Brake Assist that is very helpful on our Cayenne. I am going to the dealer but they are clueless about a detail like this despite them going to all training and ride arounds so asking the forum for insight.
I don't know about the 2022 MY Macan but previously, you got active front collision warning and braking only with the ACC option.

I would hope that it has now become a standard feature but I just don't know. However, ACC does work very well and is great for those long highway drives and I now use it whereas I never used regular cruise control on other cars.

·
Registered
134 Posts
For the 2022's, there's no option to change the red caliper paint - looks off with a gentian blue build. I'm also not crazy about a white tach between 2 black instrument nacelles. No way to change that but to go to a GTS which I can't justify.
Agree, the white tach looks off.

·
Registered
1996 993 C4
8 Posts
I recreated my '21 GTS in the '22 configurator with the same options (main things were SC, PTV+, plus full leather). Comes to about $6K higher. For that you get:
  • 21" wheels with new designs
  • 434hp vs. 375
  • PSCB (that was a $2-3 option for the '21, as I recall)
That's not a bad tradeoff for the extra $6K, assuming you're indifferent to the design changes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I recreated my '21 GTS in the '22 configurator with the same options (main things were SC, PTV+, plus full leather). Comes to about $6K higher. For that you get:
  • 21" wheels with new designs
  • 434hp vs. 375
  • PSCB (that was a $2-3 option for the '21, as I recall)
That's not a bad tradeoff for the extra $6K, assuming you're indifferent to the design changes.
Agreed. if one like the design changes, the value is definitely there for around $6k.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@grim - this is the appropriate thread for this forum, but as it is Macan News. Please do not move this to the Ordering forum, and lump it in with the rumors thread. Thank you.

EDIT: deleted.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lots of confusion right now as I suspect there are some errors on the Porsche website and in the configurator that need to be worked-out.

Here's example from the Canadian site:

View attachment 244554

This is from the "Performance" overview of the 2022 Macan but I don't see PCCB anywhere in the configurator.
Tried a few configurator from different sites, German site worked, and you may see how it looks with different wheel options. Would expect the PCCB option to be available for North America sites.

iris_p_3.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts
For someone going on their 4th Macan (2017, 2019, 2020 and now 2022) I couldn’t be more excited as this should be the final life cycle update before the EV Macan. Dollar for dollar it’s a substantial upgrade.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
169 Posts
For someone going on their 4th Macan (2017, 2019, 2020 and now 2022) I couldn’t be more excited as this should be the final life cycle update before the EV Macan. Dollar for dollar it’s a substantial upgrade.
What were your previous Macans/ current Macan?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Anyone who has a 2017/ 18 Turbo Performance Package and would consider the 2022 GTS?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What were your previous Macans/ current Macan?
Surprisingly all base. Never wanted a bigger engine for grocery getting. My 2022 build is a base with sport chrono and a couple options

I want launch control for fun but 100% want the new interior and upgrades. To me the Macan has always been for those wanting a secondary Porsche or a Porsche for every day engagement.
the 718/911 will always be the track car of choice

·
Registered
169 Posts
Surprisingly all base. Never wanted a bigger engine for grocery getting. My 2022 build is a base with sport chrono and a couple options

I want launch control for fun but 100% want the new interior and upgrades. To me the Macan has always been for those wanting a secondary Porsche or a Porsche for every day engagement.
the 718/911 will always be the track car of choice
The base seems to get the best relative upgrade for the 2022 lineup

·
Registered
8 Posts
The base seems to get the best relative upgrade for the 2022 lineup
Agreed wholeheartedly. I’ve had plenty of Porsche’s. At the end of the day the base Macan is very engaging and very much a Porsche. The 2022 for a final revision for ICE is dollar for dollar a great value. My personal goal is to keep the 2022 until the government inevitably starts a tax rebate in the early 2030’s for folks to buy EV’s.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts