Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

This video shows really nice comparison between 2022 vs 2021
He says the 2022 model is a great deal because you basically get the 2021 Turbo spec on 2022 GTS and its cheaper and 2021 GTS spec (actually even faster) on 2022 S for a cheaper price

I also thought the new front design was meh but looking at it side by side the last year's model looks outdated already IMO.

·
Registered
706 Posts

This video shows really nice comparison between 2022 vs 2021
He says the 2022 model is a great deal because you basically get the 2021 Turbo spec on 2022 GTS and its cheaper and 2021 GTS spec (actually even faster) on 2022 S for a cheaper price

I also thought the new front design was meh but looking at it side by side the last year's model looks outdated already IMO.
If I configure a 2022 S like my 2021 GTS, it costs almost the same. That's just one data point, though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I still like the 95B.1 design the most. The black frame on the new front fascia looks weird to me, like a menacing grinning mouth. Still, as usual with Porsche the new one will be better than the previous one, and 440hp for the new GTS sounds really appealing.
That new front end is fugly. A scary clown smile. On the other hand you can’t see it when you are having fun with those 400+ ponies pushing you around. It is unfortunate and annoying to me (anyway) when changes are made to a good design just for the sake of change.

·
Registered
95 Posts
According to my sales advisor - that option is OMIT the air suspension.
Your sales advisor is mistaken. That cannot be true.

Selecting the option for "Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)" includes:
  • Adaptive Air Suspension with self-leveling function
  • Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM): electronically variable active system with continuous damper control and three manually selectable modes.

Compared to the Standard Equipment of "Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (Lowered 10 mm)"

·
Registered
5 Posts
For the 2022's, there's no option to change the red caliper paint - looks off with a gentian blue build. I'm also not crazy about a white tach between 2 black instrument nacelles. No way to change that but to go to a GTS which I can't justify.

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
I configured a 2022 Macan S and it came out at a little over $71k. Previously my 2021 Macan S configuration with similar options, except for the 19” wheels, was around $69k. 2022 Macan S comes with 20” wheels so the final prices are similar.

However, the 2022 S has the 2.9L engine with more power and a 4.6 sec 0-60 time vs. 2021 S‘s 5.2 sec. So isn’t the 2022 S a much better deal?

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
But I am waiting for the EV Macan.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That new front end is fugly. A scary clown smile. On the other hand you can’t see it when you are having fun with those 400+ ponies pushing you around. It is unfortunate and annoying to me (anyway) when changes are made to a good design just for the sake of change.
Have to agree with you. I keep trying to convince myself to like it, but I can't

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
For the 2022's, there's no option to change the red caliper paint - looks off with a gentian blue build. I'm also not crazy about a white tach between 2 black instrument nacelles.....
While it's a matter of personal preference, I think the red calipers go perfectly fine with Gentian Blue. Maybe it's one of those things that you find distasteful at first, but with time you find it's something you can accept. It's also possible that in 6 months or more, Porsche might add the option for black calipers. But for about the same cost as that option, you could have the red calipers professionally re-painted any color you like. Lots of members here have done that.

It seems odd that Porsche would single out the Macan S to have a silver faced tach. And trying to fix that is much more expensive. New clusters are roughly $2500. You could try negotiating with your dealership to swap out the cluster for you upon delivery, at cost rather than retail. But I kind of doubt most dealerships would be open to that. There was another member here who found a used cluster, and swapped out the colored face plate to his. Used clusters can be found for ~$400. Here's a link to that thread.

Changing Speedometer disc Colour

Always disheartening when you can't achieve the ideal configuration. Whatever you decide, best of luck with your path forward.

Reactions: rigelt

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
It's not 100% clear, but I think that no-cost check box is to raise it up 10mm. Air Suspension with PASM (-10mm) is standard equipment (in the US)
I just looked again. The raise option is the 911 GTS . The Macan is simply to have it .

·
Registered
339 Posts
I like the changes and have been waiting. Ordered mine this morning.

Porsche code PNNQE2N9 Still thinking over some of the options.

I've had my 2015 Macan S for seven years now and will keep it.

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
Below is the 2021 S vs. 2022 S build. I tried to match the options. The 2022 S is actually ~$1500 cheaper, plus it has red brake calipers (?), SportDesign side mirrors and the GTS 2.9L engine.

Porsche code: PMDH6638 vs. PNBD2SJ7

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
59 Posts
The standard equipment in the literature for macan s shows calipers in titanium. I’m not sure if the demo car with red calipers is orderable. This configuration might just be for the show cars before actual production begins and they used GTS calipers on the s. I only see white calipers PSCB.

·
Registered
228 Posts
^ According to the news press, MY2022 GTS equipped PSCB with red calipers, not certain if it's the same diameter size as the current white calipers PSCB or different brake rotor size.

"... the Macan GTS is fitted with Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with red calipers ..."

It's a deal breaker for me without PCCB option.

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
Then you need to take yet another look. For the US market, the 2022 Macan GTS has air suspension. Period. There is no steel spring option.
From the 2022 Macan GTS configurator ---

Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

$0

From the 911 GTS configurator ---

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (Raised 10 mm)

$0

Note the difference -- The Macan does not say "raised" . Neither does the explanation on the site . The 911 does say "raised" and explanation matches it. Both are free . I would choose it on the Macan . I rejected it on the 911build submitted.

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
^ According to the news press, MY2022 GTS equipped PSCB with red calipers, not certain if it's the same diameter size as the current white calipers PSCB or different brake rotor size.

"... the Macan GTS is fitted with Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with red calipers ..."

It's a deal breaker for me without PCCB option.
I just read this . I agree on the brakes . The odd thing is the air suspension . The configurator doesnt match the description in the newsroom article . @phroenips might be correct . Porsche may need to clarify it on the configurator like they did on the 911.

101 - 120 of 173 Posts