Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I still like the 95B.1 design the most. The black frame on the new front fascia looks weird to me, like a menacing grinning mouth. Still, as usual with Porsche the new one will be better than the previous one, and 440hp for the new GTS sounds really appealing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm Pivoting my order. Was in the queue for a 21 build that was about to lock... switching to the 2022. The power upgrade and wheels ! And the red is now bordeaux, v garnet which looks awesome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
@Administrator Dear admin, while all of us very appreciate your energy put into all of this to keep the forum a decent and informative place, I'm quite unhappy that you moved almost all posts here since the official info release on youtube and Porsche Newsroom. Until yesterday this thread was all about could and should and might. Now we have facts and so on. But all visitors to the forum aren't even presented with this thread on the welcome page? Instead they all have to somehow navigate here (they fail), then navigate to post #28 to start with the "facts reading" - sorry but that's not how it should go, when such important news are released. This Info should be a sticky for the next 2 weeks in the "Macan News" Forum.
Wow, you're not kidding. That's an own goal on the forum's part. Nothing on the front page about the new announcement whatsoever.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Price jump was huge for me looking at the build site. I know it is more HP but my 18 still has the true Porsche motor. I think my build was around 94K before discount and now it would be around 115K. Some plus and minus things but still beyond happy with my present vehicle as it now has 22,500 miles on it. Mine has been a great adventure in so many ways but if i did it in todays times I think may pass and go the RS6 or RS8 route. It seems like I start looking at new cars evert two years so this is amazing discipline for me as I am still content with what I have.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS & 2015 Cayman GTS (Carmine Red)
49 Posts
My MY21 Spec in MY22 Guise would cost ~20k more in AUD - yikes. Not enough there for me to consider upgrade, I actually think the S is the better looking of the new models.

But with that said I am jealous of the new wheel and color choices... looking forward to some of those wheels hitting the second hand market so I can update the look of my MY21 GTS and get the best of both worlds 😁

·
Registered
706 Posts
My MY21 Spec in MY22 Guise would cost ~20k more in AUD - yikes. Not enough there for me to consider upgrade, I actually think the S is the better looking of the new models.

But with that said I am jealous of the new wheel and color choices... looking forward to some of those wheels hitting the second hand market so I can update the look of my MY21 GTS and get the best of both worlds 😁
I think the new 21” RS Spyder wheels in Satin Black are absolutely hideous. Any new owner who agrees should PM me and I’ll provide complimentary shipping and environmentally friendly disposal of those awesome awful wheels.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I’m shocked they didn’t do the following:
  • Update the dash to all digital except the tach like the current 911 and Cayenne.
  • Add a heads up display like the Cayenne.
  • Add interior lighting like the Cayenne.
  • At least upgrade to recently released PCM 6.
I’m thinking they might save some of those features for a mid cycle refresh in a couple years. And I wonder if this 2022 model will even have InnoDrive?
The Macan has been getting half baked updates since its launch. Yes, it has great improvements over my 2015 S but nothing that screams to me that I need to get this model. Will keep my 15 S until there is a real new model.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some specs comparison MY2022 GTS vs MY2021/MY2020 GTS:

Length: 186.1" vs 184.5" (longer)
Width: 82.6" vs 82.6" (same)
Wheelbase: 110.5" vs 110.6" (shorter)
Height: 62.8" vs 63" (lower, 21" stock vs 20" stock tire diameter)
Weight: 4400 lb vs 4370 lb (heavier)

Not sure what changes made the shorter wheelbase and heavier weight, would expect Porsche to include more weight saving trims on newer model. Longer overall length could be the protruding front/rear redesigned bumpers.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Some specs comparison MY2022 GTS vs MY2021/MY2020 GTS:

Length: 186.1" vs 184.5" (longer)
Width: 82.6" vs 82.6" (same)
Wheelbase: 110.5" vs 110.6" (shorter)
Height: 62.8" vs 63" (lower, 21" stock vs 20" stock tire diameter)
Weight: 4400 lb vs 4370 lb (heavier)

Not sure what changes made the shorter wheelbase and heavier weight, would expect Porsche to include more weight saving trims on newer model. Longer overall length could be the protruding front/rear redesigned bumpers.
Length is definitely just from front/rear bumpers. Wheelbase could be from minor suspension changes, maybe a bit more caster angle or slightly different control arms. Weight is probably just down to standard options that are included now. Height is from wheels and suspension height.

Weight is constantly on the up as more features become standard and various safety regulations add complexity.

I would have been surprised if they made any significant changes on the platform for this mild refresh to buy them a couple more years until the EV takes over.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

You still get buttons in the centre console ! There are physical buttons for the windows and sunroof control area so not sure what the point was really of going flat panel. Sure make the buttons look sleek and perhaps blacker but using a glossy panel while driving and looking down at glare surely is not the way to go ?

Oh and I won't even start on the big fat butt which now protrudes backwards ...

If there was such an urgent need to have a second refresh then at least give us HUD and matrix LED options.

At least automatic parking has been added for the generally spatially challenged gender. (Not saying which gender as that would be sexist :))

·
Registered
228 Posts
If there was such an urgent need to have a second refresh then at least give us HUD and matrix LED options.
HUD would have been a great new addition, the more I looked at the .3 front facia and rear design, the more I preferred .1 and .2 design, as it's proportional, sporty and aggressive from all angles. The .2 GT Sport steering wheel also looked more premium and smaller than the .3.

.2 GTS
img_6.jpg
img_8.jpg
img_11.jpg

.3 GTS
img_1.jpeg
img_2.jpeg
img_69.jpeg

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
I'm Pivoting my order. Was in the queue for a 21 build that was about to lock... switching to the 2022. The power upgrade and wheels ! And the red is now bordeaux, v garnet which looks awesome.

You didn't check air suspension (its a no cost option) or sport Chrono in the performance section .

Much as I thought . The GTS is the former Turbo dressed up with technology. It will be an amazing car ... but expensive.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
169 Posts
Why is this thread so hidden? Is this on purpose? Took me 10 minutes even find it, should be a hot topic, given the 2022 model range was just announced.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You didn't check air suspension (its a no cost option) or sport Chrono in the performance section .

Much as I thought . The GTS is the former Turbo dressed up with technology. It will be an amazing car ... but expensive.
It's not 100% clear, but I think that no-cost check box is to raise it up 10mm. Air Suspension with PASM (-10mm) is standard equipment (in the US)

·
Registered
706 Posts
It's not 100% clear, but I think that no-cost check box is to raise it up 10mm. Air Suspension with PASM (-10mm) is standard equipment (in the US)
I believe you are correct. If you check the standard features, it shows PASM but "Lowered 10mm". The free option in the configurator excludes the 10mm comment. Definitely could be worded better.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Why is this thread so hidden? Is this on purpose? Took me 10 minutes even find it, should be a hot topic, given the 2022 model range was just announced.
Since the announcement was sort of "meh", the promotion is also "meh"?

81 - 100 of 173 Posts