Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my process of ordering my next Macan, the dealers I talked to have very limited allocations and indicate new allocations might open up in few months. There are strong indications that some updates are coming in 2022 Model Year. Recent news articles that quoted Porsche R&D head in a statement. "That's why we're going to launch another conventionally powered evolution of the current Macan in the course of 2021."

With that what are the speculations on the 2022 ME. Here is what I could read from other threads and websites:

• Button panel upgrade to touchscreen and haptics
  • Engine updates - maybe a single engine version
  • Price increase

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
In my process of ordering my next Macan, the dealers I talked to have very limited allocations and indicate new allocations might open up in few months. There are strong indications that some updates are coming in 2022 Model Year. Recent news articles that quoted Porsche R&D head in a statement. "That's why we're going to launch another conventionally powered evolution of the current Macan in the course of 2021."

With that what are the speculations on the 2022 ME. Here is what I could read from other threads and websites:

• Button panel upgrade to touchscreen and haptics
  • Engine updates - maybe a single engine version
  • Price increase

[If this is discussed in another thread, please merge accordingly.]
The magazines always undershoot by a year plus the car will come out on Europe 3-6 months before the USA sees any of them . This way by the time they show up here all the journalists have already driven and reviewed them .

The Macan just had the refresh in 2019 . The car is due for a redesign . The reason why allocations are limited has nothing to do with the next model . Dealerships are begging for cars . Porsche is having production issues .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Someone said new colors for 2022:
  • 2 Standard: Carrara White and Night Black
  • 7 Metallic: Dragon Orange, Florett Silver, Galaxy Blue, Glacier White, Orca Black, Samurai Gray, Vicuna Beige

Sad if Mahogany goes away, but Vicuna Beige looks nice in Audi photos.

I'm sure car dealers everywhere are playing up the shortages... "Oh it's so foolish not to buy RIGHT NOW!" :unsure:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I am hearing. In addition to color choices, I am really interested in what updates, if any, on engine and controls would be made in 2022.

Dealers are tightlipped about the new 'evolution' so customers won't hold back current purchases. Many have said the price quotes MSRP is a great deal now. Several dealers have 'offered' me to put in $2000-$5000 deposit to get in the line for their future allocations, that could open up for in Jun or July - without certainty on the Model Year or pricing.

·
Registered
755 Posts
  • 7 Metallic: Dragon Orange, Florett Silver, Galaxy Blue, Glacier White, Orca Black, Samurai Gray, Vicuna Beige

Sad if Mahogany goes away, but Vicuna Beige looks nice in Audi photos.

I'm sure car dealers everywhere are playing up the shortages... "Oh it's so foolish not to buy RIGHT NOW!" :unsure:
I don't believe that article in any way. Some, if not all, of those colors are Audi colors.

·
Registered
955 Posts
  • On the 2021's "Carrara White Metallic" is a metallic, as the name states. It is a $700 option. Same with the metallic black, which is named "Jet Black Metallic". The standard white color is "White" and the standard black color is "Black". So whoever "Someone" is it would appear he (or she) is misinformed.

·
Registered
284 Posts
  • On the 2021's "Carrara White Metallic" is a metallic, as the name states. It is a $700 option. Same with the metallic black, which is named "Jet Black Metallic". The standard white color is "White" and the standard black color is "Black". So whoever "Someone" is it would appear he (or she) is misinformed.
I may be that “someone” because I posted that info, but I was just copying and pasting from a linked article which someone else pointed out looks erroneous, like a table of Audi paint colors misaligned with Porsche info. So I don’t think any of those colors are correct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I’m a new user to this forum and excitedly, I’m going to be a new customer to the Porsche brand very soon 🎉🎉

A few months back, I ordered my MY22 (July production) Porsche Macan GTS.

After a few weeks of ordering it, the sales consultant said I got the last allocation in South Australia and that Porsche was going to stop making the GTS.

Then I recently received another call to say that the Macan is going to have a $25k price increase but my allocation is under the old price but they will continue to keep the GTS badge but will stop making the Turbo model.

I was also told that the newer Macan (from Aug production) will have a newer console like the Panamera.

Is this the only change or is there going to be a dramatic change? I would hate to take delivery of this car and then it’s superseded. I don’t mind the current console.

What are the rumours and information have you heard from Porsche?

thanks guys

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
Although the timing of car release dates differs between Australia and the USA I was told there will not be a 2022 Macan . The car will face a refresh again and will become a 2023 . It will be launched in 2022 . Usually you get the car before we do within a 6 month frame . It's anyones guess when that will be . Also this is supposedly a short refresh ahead of the vehicle becoming EV , My best guess would place you at spring (March /April of 2022).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also heard the same - about Turbo being replaced by GTS from a Sydney dealer. On FB someone was suggesting a $15k increase. They talked about production/ delivery ( unsure which) in Sep 21 to Australia of the updated model. Apparantly the configurator will get updated in July, so should be able to lock in your order by than.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting to hear that Australia dealers indicate there is a minor upgrade in Aug 21 build onwards on GTS.

I have a US order in allocation- perhaps more news will be available by Jul lock date.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just posted a link to 2 driving reviews of the new GTS. No Turbo and GTS gets the Turbo engine. The S gets the GTS engine and the Base gets more power.

Latest photos of Macan III and driving comments ! | Porsche Macan Forum

Prices rising alot ! Lots of new external photos but internals still covered.

Oh and the rear bumper and it's reflectors are just terrible :(

I hope there is some kind of optional body kit.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS & 2015 Cayman GTS (Carmine Red)
46 Posts
Oh and the rear bumper and it's reflectors are just terrible :(

I hope there is some kind of optional body kit.
Very interesting times... no more Turbo, price rise on the GTS (we assume that is correct), more power (not sure the GTS really needed that) - hmmm.

I agree with you on the rear bumpers... not liking that rear bumper/diffuser at all... although it does get rid of one of my pet-hates on the current GTS - that little lip underneath the rear diffuser that catches dirt and is near impossible to clean!

I'm sure Porsche will make it look good by the time it hits the brochures 😁 ... and if it comes with a louder engine note/exhaust combination I could be tempted 🤣

·
Registered
17 Posts
So the Macan GTS update gets a few nice extras as standard for the AU specs vehicles...

Bose Sound, 21” wheels .....and two new colours to the range, one of which is Gentian Blue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

I’m a new user to this forum and excitedly, I’m going to be a new customer to the Porsche brand very soon 🎉🎉

A few months back, I ordered my MY22 (July production) Porsche Macan GTS.

After a few weeks of ordering it, the sales consultant said I got the last allocation in South Australia and that Porsche was going to stop making the GTS.

Then I recently received another call to say that the Macan is going to have a $25k price increase but my allocation is under the old price but they will continue to keep the GTS badge but will stop making the Turbo model.

I was also told that the newer Macan (from Aug production) will have a newer console like the Panamera.

Is this the only change or is there going to be a dramatic change? I would hate to take delivery of this car and then it’s superseded. I don’t mind the current console.

What are the rumours and information have you heard from Porsche?

thanks guys
Do you mean the MY21 version as the MY22 isn’t out yet and no news on the prices foe that yet. I have also ordered the MY21 build in July and delivery in September. SA couldn’t tell me any prices or sepcifarons for the new model.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts