Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just configured a 2022 GTS equivalent to our soon to be delivered 2021 turbo. Only differences are PSCB (no longer available) and RaceTex headliner (standard on turbo) which accounts for about $5k. Our turbo config is just shy of $112k. The 2022 GTS came in at just under $102k. I’m tempted to cancel our Mamba green turbo and reorder a Papaya GTS. Of course delivery would now be out to next spring . . .

Sigh.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just configured a 2022 GTS equivalent to our soon to be delivered 2021 turbo. Only differences are PSCB (no longer available) and RaceTex headliner (standard on turbo) which accounts for about $5k. Our turbo config is just shy of $112k. The 2022 GTS came in at just under $102k. I’m tempted to cancel our Mamba green turbo and reorder a Papaya GTS. Of course delivery would now be out to next spring . . .

Sigh.
In the US anyway, PSCB is standard on the 2022 GTS

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a 112k macan was never going to be a good purchase even if you're Bezos wealthy. I would cancel
“Good” is a relative judgement. This was and is “good” for us - we ordered exactly what we wanted, a combination of bling and performance. With no insights into who we are, how we live, and what we value I hardly think you are in a position to judge our decision making.

And what do you think we would order as a replacement? A “stripper”? Not hardly. We’d make the same seemingly stupid configuration choices again. Guess we will die penniless and on welfare.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Did you leave a deposit with your dealer? Have you spoken to them about canceling so close to delivery?

I can't imagine they are going to be too excited about having an unsold $112K Mamba Green Macan.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Have you seen there car market? They are unlikely to be too troubled having ANY inventory at this point.
Here's a Mamba Green S listed at sticker...only been for sale for 285 days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's a Mamba Green S listed at sticker...only been for sale for 285 days.

Always appreciate some snark. Not sure why its necessary in a place where we are all largely on the same side.
None the less, Im noticing it has 3,390 miles on it....... I suspect it has been a dealer demo or executive demo and perhaps not really "for sale" for all that time. Anyway, are you seeing many turbos that have been around for more than 30 days?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Always appreciate some snark. Not sure why its necessary in a place where we are all largely on the same side.
None the less, Im noticing it has 3,390 miles on it....... I suspect it has been a dealer demo or executive demo and perhaps not really "for sale" for all that time. Anyway, are you seeing many turbos that have been around for more than 30 days?
We're all friends here...I was just having some fun. :)

I agree the car market is stupid right now, but even in a stupid market the pool of buyers for a high-spec bright green Macan is pretty small.

FYI, if you open up things to a nationwide search, there are 20+ Turbos that have been listed for 6 mos or more. None of them green or with an MSRP as high as the OP's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We're all friends here...I was just having some fun. :)

I agree the car market is stupid right now, but even in a stupid market the pool of buyers for a high-spec bright green Macan is pretty small.

FYI, if you open up things to a nationwide search, there are 20+ Turbos that have been listed for 6 mos or more. None of them green or with an MSRP as high as the OP's.
All good man. I know I was looking for a high spec GTS, (ACC, Sport Chrono, PTV+, etc) and I'll be damned if I could find what I really wanted. I have my name on the ONE in the country, that just so happens to be arriving at my dealer in about two weeks, but its not the interior or exterior I really wanted. So, I too am debating whether to stay with it or wait, what looks likely too be nearly a year before I could get the 2022, (Porsche saying 2022 GTS models will be delivered in Spring of next year.....)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I just built an equivalent 2022 to my 2020 (performance originated), and the price was a whopping $95,620 with ACC ($990), Self Steering ParkAssist ($390), and seatbelts in Bordeaux Red ($540)....

😲

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
218 Posts

Sigh.
I mentioned in another thread that I like what they've done with 2022 pricing as I came to the same conclusion - Turbo performance can now be had for $10K less. On top of that you get the really nice blacked brushed aluminum interior trim, a great looking new GT Sport steering wheel, a lowered stance, some really nice new wheel choices. Further, you're not paying for stuff that may not matter to you (wouldn't to me anyway) - like the RaceTex headliner and LKA.

If you can live with cosmetic changes that likely won't matter to you in a couple months, it's something I would be seriously considering in your situation.

Can you back-out of your Turbo order and can you wait till next spring for a new build?

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
165 Posts
The new GTS with the Turbo power of the prior version does not bode well for future resale value of the "old" Turbo. Traditionally the Turbo already had higher depreciation rates than the GTS, and you could argue that the new GTS is all around better without any downsides in comparison to the Turbo.

·
Premium Member
6,994 Posts
I just configured a 2022 S and it’s about the same price vs. a similarly optioned 2021 S, but with a more powerful engine and much better performance. I’d say 2022 Macan’s are cheaper and are better deals. Buy new!

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
57 Posts
My S configuration PP+ came out approx $4,000 more for 2022. Can’t get the same wheels but do get rear seat heating. Question is the twin turbo worth the $4k. To me the buttons are worth a few $k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not really a fan of the new look, but something about papaya makes it enticing. Studies say the “anticipation” of buying something can be more thrilling than the actual receipt, so might as well daydream a bit more!

Either way I think you’ll like whichever model you end up with. Afterall, it’s a Macan!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts