Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My wife and I have enjoyed our 2016 Sapphire Blue Macan for over six years and have driven 73,000 miles in it. We're thinking about upgrading to a new 2022 GTS. The initial Porsche code for our configuration is PNT1K1V8. I'd love to hear your thoughts. What would you add? What would you delete? Is the Burmeister that much better than the Bose? How about Adaptive Cruise Control? What are your thoughts? Cheers!!!

Reactions: Porsche Steve

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you get the Sport Chrono package without the stop watch on the dash. I much prefer the clock or the compass. With the Nav system that is now standard, can you see the compass on the Nav?

·
Registered
221 Posts
There is Compass Display on Dashboard incl. Porsche Off-Road Precision App option under the Interior section. Nav system also provides a digital version of Compass that can be enabled on the right 1/3rd of the Infotainment screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my 2017 Macan GTS used so I "inherited" some options I wouldn't have normally selected. Among them is a black interior - my choice would've been a lighter color - but when I looked through used 2017 GTS's to get a feel for what my car is worth I noticed how the black seems to age less. I love my 18 way sport seats and heated steering wheel which you've included :). I have adaptive cruise control and really like it - it surprised me once (pleasantly) on my way to work when I was going too fast for the car in front of me and it alerted me.

Note the Leather Black interior with papaya stitching (and seatbelts) - very nice. I agree that the Sport Chrono is a good option, I don't have it and wish I did. I also would add the Torque Vectoring.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Highly recommend ACC- would not get a Macan without it. Also agree. That you need Sport Chrono on a GTS. Burmester is a very expensive option but those who have it (I don’t) love it.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
218 Posts
Can you get the Sport Chrono package without the stop watch on the dash. I much prefer the clock or the compass. With the Nav system that is now standard, can you see the compass on the Nav?
Just to confirm, it operates as a stop watch only when you activate the chronometer feature in the MFD or PCM to time laps or something...maybe how long you've had to wait for your significant other to pick-up "one item" in the grocery store. Otherwise, it is simply a clock.

Also, you can have a small compass display in one of the lines of the "vehicle" portion of the MFD.

For me, the benefit of the SC package is programming the "Individual" mode to suit your driving needs and style.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
My wife and I have enjoyed our 2016 Sapphire Blue Macan for over six years....
That is such a foreign concept to me...."our" Macan....could never imagine sharing my vehicle with my wife, she has her own! ;)

Ditch Burmeister (Bose works fine), and if it snows where you are, opt for PTV+. Did you know you could choose Summer tires instead for your wheels for free?

If I were to order a new 2022 GTS, this is what my build would look like:

PNKA2S68

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife and I agree with Masscan, we're going to ditch the Burmeister and go with the BOSE. We're in Florida, so hopefully no snow. With our roads, even if I opted for PTV, I don't think it would ever need to engage, so we're passing on that option. Several responses suggest Sport Chrono. We'll seriously consider adding to the configuration. I don't see much difference between the stock steering wheel and the GT Sport steering wheel. Can anyone elaborate? Any other features you think are must have that we should consider?

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
288 Posts
The GT steering wheel has a smaller over-all diameter and it's blacked-out so you don't see any shinning part on the wheel. I have the GT wheel and I love it.

Reactions: yrralis1

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and I agree with Masscan, we're going to ditch the Burmeister and go with the BOSE. We're in Florida, so hopefully no snow. With our roads, even if I opted for PTV, I don't think it would ever need to engage, so we're passing on that option. Several responses suggest Sport Chrono. We'll seriously consider adding to the configuration. I don't see much difference between the stock steering wheel and the GT Sport steering wheel. Can anyone elaborate? Any other features you think are must have that we should consider?
The GT sport steering wheel is also slightly thinner. I like the smaller diameter but I found the standard wheel more comfortable to hold so I specced the standard one. I also found the stitching on the GT wheel was more abrasive on the top of the thumb when holding at the thumb recess 9 & 3. Maybe that was just the one that I test drove.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I agree with the comment above recommending Adaptive Cruise Control if you do a lot of freeway driving. I didn’t even know what it was when I bought my 2018 Turbo but I love it for long trips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. My wife and I have enjoyed our 2016 Sapphire Blue Macan for over six years and have driven 73,000 miles in it. We're thinking about upgrading to a new 2022 GTS. The initial Porsche code for our configuration is PNT1K1V8. I'd love to hear your thoughts. What would you add? What would you delete? Is the Burmeister that much better than the Bose? How about Adaptive Cruise Control? What are your thoughts? Cheers!!!
Congratulation! We just placed our order for a 2022 GTS today. Ordered it under the configuration PN3BY917. Good luck with yours and wishing you many miles of happiness.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
The unfiltered truth ....(since you did ask)
1) Add sport chrono - It completes the PDK system and gives the sport response button which is great for a hard pass.Plus this car has the engine in the 20/21 Turbo . You will want that full capability even if its just an infrequent sprint .

2) Papaya Wheels ?

3) My Turbo has ACC . I have never used it once . Neither has my wife . For us its a total waste . Others love it .

4) Burmester is for the real audiophile . If thats you then get it . Its not me . When I drive I do listen to music but I switch to news or make a call or just sit quietly . Its not a centerpiece of my drive and at that price I never chose it.

5) I can handle the color but the wheels and pebble interior I am just so not into it . Its your car though but I would just be quiet and not say anything if you already bought it. Besides color is personal taste so if you love it despite my comments then get it just the way you picked it . You are there and even keeping most of your stuff I am just more here . The Porsche Code

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn’t get dates but have to go back in today to finish the paperwork. It would be nice if available before Christmas. I’ll pick mine up at PEC Atlanta.
Is it really possible to get a 2022 GTS by Christmas?! My SA was telling me Base models will arrive late Jan, and GTS would start showing up on dealers around Spring.

·
Registered
957 Posts
@yrralis1 nailed it. I love the color with the black wheels and the black with deviating interior.

I'd play with black door handles but it's a stunning color with the black wheels.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts