Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
First post, first Porsche build. After much research and configuring time spent I think I am close. One week left before lock in date. I would love to get thoughts on the build. A bit of history - car will be daily commuter, traffic most of the time with weekend getaways for wife, myself, and dog. I went back and forth between base and S and have landed on the base - as it seems a good fit.

Here is the code:
PNUUCENO

Went with base black, premium package, 21 Spyder rims, and a few trim options to help balance the wheels. Took awhile to get here but I think it’s starting to work.

Any thoughts or input on build would be appreciated. It’s been fun.

Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Font Number

·
Registered
12,403 Posts
Ok not sure what happened but this link i think is working-

Price difference is about 10k plus dealer charging additional 3k on top due to demand. I’m continuing to play around with the options.
I went nuts with the first link. Glad you updated it. The only adjustment I would consider is the color . I have 2 out of 3 black Porsches . My 911 Turbo is regular black like your build. My Macan is Jet Black Metallic . The third is white . The regular black is a very soft paint . It can swirl even if you breathe on it . Ceramic pro helps but a daily driver I would get the metallic . It is much easier to maintain. You must do a ceramic treatment by a professional though to keep it nice .

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
254 Posts
Looks very nice. Make sure you drive a base with 21” wheels to check if its not too hard. Generally the view is 20” needs PASM and 21” needs PASM and air. If you can stretch it there is a significant power difference between the base and the new S ( Now fitted with the Gen 2 GTS engine) and a more engaging drive and sounds why nicer. I suggest test driving the the current GTS and base to get an idea of the difference. For me it was worth it to go for the S ( Had to really squeeze the piggy bank to get there).

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’ve owned a 2018 base since April that is closely configured to your new Macan. I do have 20” Spyder wheels and “standard” suspension and find the around town ride is acceptable, but on the highway it is the best ride of any vehicle I’ve owned (BWM, Audi, Lexus, Acua and Infiniti). I always thought the BMW’s were until I got the Macan.

I personally like black on black as a choice that should always be desirable. While some of the new colors are “interesting”, the black on black should always be in style for years to come.

Many here will tell you the 2.0L engine is unpowered and the base shouldn’t even wear the Porsche badge….don’t listen to them. The 2.0 has very adequate power for what you described are your needs, and the Sport setting kicks it up a notch. If you’re planning on tracking the Macan get the S, but for “normal” driving needs the 2.0 is fine.

The Macan is just a great looking vehicle and fun to drive, I plan on keeping mine for years. Hope you enjoy yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the input. A few thoughts.

I think it’s best to stick with metallic.

I’m going back and forth on silver trim around windows but leaning on keeping it given this build. Seems this trend goes back and forth depending on make and year.

The 21 spyder rims are new for 2022 base models so they were not available or any year base with 21s to drive. I did consider the 20s with all noted above but they seemed pretty standard and most folks I spoke to thought it wasn’t as good or ‘sporty’ given the new options for 2022. Each year they seem to bump up an 1” so hoping this is well engineered to handle otherwise I feel they wouldn’t go there.

Did drive base and s back to back. No air suspension on either. I thought comfort similar in both. Engine in s definitely powerful but I’m not sure I will fully utilize given the cars daily city commute use. They did push the base engine a bit more for 2022 so maybe it’s ok. I keep tinkering around with s but I feel like the base with options may be suitable.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks all for the input. A few thoughts.
They did push the base engine a bit more for 2022 so maybe it’s ok. I keep tinkering around with s but I feel like the base with options may be suitable.
My thoughts on the base trim having driven a 2017 for over 4 years. The 2017 was the first year for the base engine. My 2017 drove very nice, had adequate power, and great low end torque. I love how these turbo engines pull strong at low RPMs. During my 4 years of ownership it was of course back at the dealer a few times for service. Every time the dealer loaned me a new base Macan. I think I drove a 2018, 2019, and 2020. . Each version was better than mine. Better sounding, better engine, better ride, better handling. Porsche does a great job of refining and making adjustments to make each year better, and thus customers like me (us) keep coming back. I can say pretty confidently the 2022 base Macan will be even better still. The engine is now even more improved, new fuel delivery system, and many other changes. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't fret over whether or not you'll be happy with the base trim and base engine. Daily driver in city traffic and weekend getaways there is no better small SUV on the market.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am coming up to 100,000 k on my 2018 base running 21 inch wheels. Sure it is firmer than air suspension but the ride is very acceptable and wouldn’t consider changing down
The 21’s just look better and a must have when I am specking a vehicle up

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
My first thought is why do you want to pay close to $70K for a 2022 base Macan including $3K in ADM? Find a different dealer that will order a vehicle for no more than MSRP. Base Macan are not hard to find. Have you considered a CPO 2020 or 2021 Macan S at a similar or lower cost? While a base model might be fine for daily city commuting, it Is the power that you will always regret not having in a Porsche. I would also add the basic leather interior for a nicer overall package.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks very nice. Make sure you drive a base with 21” wheels to check if its not too hard. Generally the view is 20” needs PASM and 21” needs PASM and air. If you can stretch it there is a significant power difference between the base and the new S ( Now fitted with the Gen 2 GTS engine) and a more engaging drive and sounds why nicer. I suggest test driving the the current GTS and base to get an idea of the difference. For me it was worth it to go for the S ( Had to really squeeze the piggy bank to get there).
i went with 19s on base and think the ride is dialed in. 21s too big imho. Look good but too big. if you in warm weather you might get away with it. Would be foolish in new england w winter potholes bad roads

1 - 13 of 13 Posts