Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this: how is ‘arrives at port’ the same date as ‘arrives at dealer’
In dealer's tracking system, usually it's targeted the same Expected Day (Actual Day may vary depended on situation). It's been fairly consistent on our experience that even with same port and city, it's about 1-2 day apart (from destination port to dealer inventory). This is assuming the vehicles exit vessel or port without any delay in process. Once you obtained vessel name from SA (or search the vessel name between Emden / destination port name), use vessels tracking tool to get the destination date on (U014/U015) Entry / Exit port: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic, this provides better timeline estimate on (V900) Dealer Inventory date. It also depended on dealer's new arrivals load for other expected deliveries and getting cars through service for delivery-prep, it may add a few days before the actual pick up date.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
071D9EAD-BAA8-4D3A-B09E-D1816D9CBADB.jpeg

If you look at my order, there is a good week from when she hits the port in Jacksonville till when she if free to head to the dealer, or in my case PEC when they are ready for me. My wild guess is @MAPC that your second date is a typo and just to be safe I would add a week from when she arrives at your port till she’s on transport to head to your dealer. That would be really dreamy if your car did arrive at port and then got turned around so fast that was leaving the same day for the dealer. But I could be very, very wrong.

I live in Charleston SC and BMW ships out of the downtown port. I drive past the port twice daily and I can see the parking lot full of cars that just arrived, and then many days later a ship is in port and the guys and gals are loading it and the lot is empty again for the next load to arrive by rail.

Reactions: Llarry and Canuck

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS (Build Code PMRTSSB5, Ordered, expected October '20)
19 Posts
My GTS is supposed to exit production next Friday (9/18) and arrive in Rhode Island (or maybe even the dealership) by 10/30.
Same timeline for my GTS build. Going to ping my SA on Monday to confirm that production has started and see if there are updated dates in the tracker.

·
Registered
505 Posts
View attachment 234537

If you look at my order, there is a good week from when she hits the port in Jacksonville till when she if free to head to the dealer, or in my case PEC when they are ready for me. My wild guess is @MAPC that your second date is a typo and just to be safe I would add a week from when she arrives at your port till she’s on transport to head to your dealer. That would be really dreamy if your car did arrive at port and then got turned around so fast that was leaving the same day for the dealer. But I could be very, very wrong.

I live in Charleston SC and BMW ships out of the downtown port. I drive past the port twice daily and I can see the parking lot full of cars that just arrived, and then many days later a ship is in port and the guys and gals are loading it and the lot is empty again for the next load to arrive by rail.
My dealer said that they are not allowed to forward those docs/screenshots to us but he can show me if I was in his showroom. I think mine was sim to yours with exit port and dealer inventory being the same.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
My dealer said that they are not allowed to forward those docs/screenshots to us but he can show me if I was in his showroom. I think mine was sim to yours with exit port and dealer inventory being the same.
That just seems strange that countless people here can get screen shots of their build dates and timeline but your guy won’t share. Its not like you are asking for the nuclear codes or something. My SA back in 2017 when I was building my GTS, he would send me a screen shot of his computer screen. I was kind of surprised that my guy sent me what he did. I was thinking I would have just gotten a screen shot like the others not the printout that i did.

When I emailed my guy this time I didn’t even ask for a screen shot I was just looking for a general time line.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My GTS is supposed to exit production next Friday (9/18) and arrive in Rhode Island (or maybe even the dealership) by 10/30.

Mine pretty much says the same, except my ship arrives in Jacksonville on 10/30 with planned date at dealer being 11/06 while expected date is 10/30.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
2021 GTS
9 Posts
I think some folks were scheduled to have 2021MY GTS vehicles exit production this week. 2021MY builds were to begin in September (at least for the GTS). Thought I would start a thread for people to post when they have a confirmed VIN for their 2021MY GTS. Let the race begin!
My 2021 GTS order was completed on July 16th (in Edmonton). I was told the car would be build in time for end of Oct, early Nov. delivery. I have heard nothing since.

·
Registered
2021 GTS
9 Posts
Just received email from SA indicating that my car will be in production next week, expected Nov.27th. So, order set in July, build in late Sept., arrival late Nov. He said it will be the first 2021 GTS the dealership will receive. So, I'm not holding my breath, but did order 19" aftermarket winter wheels for it today, as arrival could well be after the snow flies and the roads are covered with ice.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS ordered. Night blue, black full leather interior.
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just received email from SA indicating that my car will be in production next week. So, order set in July, build in late Sept. He indicated he will contact me again when it is built and set to arrive in Canada, and again when it arrives at the dealer. I'm not holding my breath, but did order 19" aftermarket winter wheels for it today, as it could arrive after the snow flies and the roads are covered with ice.
Great news! I have also been looking at options for winter wheels and am also planning to go with 19" size. What wheels and tires did you go with? Did you order online or local shop?

·
Registered
2021 GTS
9 Posts
As I'm sure most owners do, I spent much time on this deliberation and spoke with several shops. Some refused to supply 19's, so they were easily eliminated, as 295-wide rear tires on Edmonton skating-rink roads are not your friend.

I went with:
Front - Braelin BR06, 19 x 8.5, offset +25 with the latest Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV, 235 55R 19,
Rear Braelin BR06, 19 x 9.5, offset +25, Michelin X-Ice Snow 255 50R 19.

In a 19" wheel, the Porsche manual calls for these sizes, except they have an + 21 offset. 4mm difference in the offset won't matter.

I used a well-regarded local shop, WheelsPlus. The Braelins were - $1,080, Michelins $ 1,110.60. Total $ including TPM sensors, lug bolts, installation and seasonal storage: CAD$ 2,740.35 plus tax.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just received email from SA indicating that my car will be in production next week, expected Nov.27th. So, order set in July, build in late Sept., arrival late Nov. He said it will be the first 2021 GTS the dealership will receive. So, I'm not holding my breath, but did order 19" aftermarket winter wheels for it today, as arrival could well be after the snow flies and the roads are covered with ice.
@Tippy, our GTS was Planned to enter production this Friday, but last I heard expected to enter next week. I’m guessing delivery will be about the same as you too (Saskatoon vs. Edmonton) provided they make it onto the same boat.

Like the choice of winter rims by the way.

·
Registered
2021 GTS
9 Posts
Yes, hard to imagine with both cars built the same week with close destinations that they would't be travelling companions. I'm hoping the SA was being pessimistic and that it arrives earlier than Nov 27th.

Yup, the rims should work well with the car. They are lighter in weight than some choices, only negative is that the Porsche centre cap will not fit, but I can live with that.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I saw elsewhere on the Forum where some folks had their dates slipped a bit. It looks like my production dates and shipping dates did slip one week. But...don't know how...the delivery date to dealer remains the same, i.e., 11/6/20.

·
Registered
2021 GTS
9 Posts
Curious - what was your lock-in date? I would guess that US cars probably ship sooner than Canada cars - 10 times the population, 10 times the cars, more shipments. Canadians might be waiting for a shipping lot to fill. Also, the E-W location across the country could be a factor. Canadian cars land in Halifax on east coast, then are shipped across the country - I live much closer to the west side of the country, so more opportunities for delay. I bought a Cayman S in Toronto, shipped to Edmonton, had to wait for the shipper to fill a truck, caused a 2 week delay. The train would have been a 1 month delay. Big country, small population. Living in the US on the east coast is probably a big advantage for short delivery times.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you are talking about Vehicle Fixed Date", it was 9/4/20. The current schedule shows a 2 week wait at Eden (10/2 exit 10/18)
while, I guess, they fill up the ship.

·
Registered
2021 GTS
9 Posts
Interesting, my Fixed Date was 6 weeks earlier than yours, and I'm receiving my car 3 weeks later. Bummer, a 9 week penalty.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS ordered. Night blue, black full leather interior.
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Curious - what was your lock-in date? I would guess that US cars probably ship sooner than Canada cars - 10 times the population, 10 times the cars, more shipments. Canadians might be waiting for a shipping lot to fill. Also, the E-W location across the country could be a factor. Canadian cars land in Halifax on east coast, then are shipped across the country - I live much closer to the west side of the country, so more opportunities for delay. I bought a Cayman S in Toronto, shipped to Edmonton, had to wait for the shipper to fill a truck, caused a 2 week delay. The train would have been a 1 month delay. Big country, small population. Living in the US on the east coast is probably a big advantage for short delivery times.
I don't think Canadian cars are delayed from factory to port vs U.S. cars. We are just another stop on the shipping route. Having said that, it seems that this spring with the railway blockades there were delays in cars getting from Halifax port to dealers. Even now, it seems cars may sit in Halifax for a while before catching a train.

·
Registered
2021 GTS
9 Posts
Interesting. Looks like our earliest possibility is to catch the Siem Cicero, with loadready of 05/06.10, to Halifax on Oct. 17. I can see why Nov. 27 is a realistic delivery date.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts