Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2021 Macan S and have some questions for you that I can't find answered here or in the manual.

1. I mostly listen to FM radio. Why does the (FM) radio turn off after a few seconds when I start the car and can I change a setting to keep it on? I can tap the white triangle to turn the radio back on but it is really annoying! I'm thinking that it has something to do with the wireless Apple CarPlay.

2. When I put the car in reverse the rear camera shows rear view in the PCM, but not the overhead/surround view unless you tap on the white triangle on the left side of the backup display. Is there a way to display the overhead view and the rear view without having to touch the white triangle every time you back up?

3. When I put in reverse to back out of a parking spot the forward looking warnings sounds. I consider this dangerous because I'm backing up and need to know about obstructions behind me - I'm not worried about the tree in the parking lot in front of me. So I start to ignore the warning signal and miss the warning about a pedestrian behind the car! Is there a way to turn of the forward looking warnings when in reverse?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S - Volano Grey
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and hope you’re enjoying your Macan S.

Regarding question 1, yes, this annoying issue is linked to Apple CarPlay connecting wirelessly to the PCM, and I haven’t found a way around this.

I’m afraid I can’t help with your other two questions.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I bought a 2021 Macan S and have some questions for you that I can't find answered here or in the manual.

1. I mostly listen to FM radio. Why does the (FM) radio turn off after a few seconds when I start the car and can I change a setting to keep it on? I can tap the white triangle to turn the radio back on but it is really annoying! I'm thinking that it has something to do with the wireless Apple CarPlay.

2. When I put the car in reverse the rear camera shows rear view in the PCM, but not the overhead/surround view unless you tap on the white triangle on the left side of the backup display. Is there a way to display the overhead view and the rear view without having to touch the white triangle every time you back up?

3. When I put in reverse to back out of a parking spot the forward looking warnings sounds. I consider this dangerous because I'm backing up and need to know about obstructions behind me - I'm not worried about the tree in the parking lot in front of me. So I start to ignore the warning signal and miss the warning about a pedestrian behind the car! Is there a way to turn of the forward looking warnings when in reverse?

Thanks.
Have seen questions asked about #3 and nobody has responded about shutting off forward sensors when in reverse. Drives me nuts when backing out of my garage!

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
113 Posts
1. I don't use Apple CarPlay so don't know.

2. My previous car (Audi) could be set to default to a split screen in reverse - rear view and surround. It was great but doesn't work with the Macan. It won't default to full screen surround view either. Others have set the steering wheel option button to activate surround view but, for me, that doesn't work while in reverse.

3. Can't be changed as far as I know. It can be annoying but as I can't ignore the audible warning, I find it simply makes me more cautious when reversing (checking for something that's not there). Annoying at times but not a bad thing I suppose.

Just some of the quirks of the Macan that quickly I became accustomed to.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yep, that's dumb programming -- to warn you about something in the opposite direction, when R or D is selected -- and I've complained about it, too, over my three+ years of ownership (when, as now, the opportunity presents itself). The only saving grace is that the display will indicate the yellow or red danger icons in the opposite direction of travel ... but the beeps go on.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
My PCM is the one from 2015 and it still bothers me that the radio turns on automatically every time I turn the car on and there is no option to change that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
While on the PCM topic, can someone explain to me how "Media" works? In that, sometimes the album artwork shows, and sometimes there's a curved arrow blurring it out. A poster said to go to the "Media" page and hit "Live" and then go back to "Home" and that fixes it, but change the XM station and that curved arrow is back again. I would think if any of us, anywhere across No America, hit a specific SiriusXM station we would hear the exact same song at the exact same moment....but maybe not? TIA

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think the reason why the front sensors are operational while you're backing up is because, if you turn the wheel while you're backing up, you can still hit things with the front of your car (which is why you want the Top View when you're backing up, I assume?). I'm a little tone deaf, but aren't the beeps at different pitches based on objects being close the front versus close to the rear?

For #2 - I can only get a full screen rear view or a full screen top view. I can't view both at the same time, but I honestly don't play around with it, much (I have a MY21 with Surround View).

For #1 - It's definitely CarPlay. You'll notice the same (highly annoying) switchover when you have a text message come in.

·
Registered
506 Posts
My PCM is the one from 2015 and it still bothers me that the radio turns on automatically every time I turn the car on and there is no option to change that.
After you cut the car off, press and hold the volume control until the PCM shuts off. The problem is that the PCM won't automatically turn back on when you get back in and start the car. I honestly never tested that process on a Gen I Macan, but that's what we used to use on my wife's 2014 Cayenne.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts