Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
For those whose new rides are on the Siem Cicero, as of this AM it is about 100 miles off the coast of Halifax....it's starting to feel real!

NOW...if we could only figure out why there is this 'EPA certification hold' that is holding our cars captive until at least 11/6. :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
I learned today that our GTS missed the Siem Cicero. Was stuck in the factory lot for a couple weeks longer than expected. Hopefully it’ll be on the Swift Ace scheduled to leave Emden this week.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just had a lengthy text discussion with my SA. It seems there is an “epa” hold on ALL 2021 models, except 2021 Cayenne (??) until 11/6. They cannot even be delivered to dealer, but must be held at port of entry until 11/6. Seems like the GTS is the first of the 2021s, at least insofar as Macan, from Porsche. Anybody know of a 2021 Base Macan, S, or Turbo, 911 or 718 with earlier release date?

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, 2010 Cayman S
19 Posts
I learned today that our GTS missed the Siem Cicero. Was stuck in the factory lot for a couple weeks longer than expected. Hopefully it’ll be on the Swift Ace scheduled to leave Emden this week.
That's a bummer. Mine had similar build date, will follow up with dealer next week.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
@RJE that is awful news. Hopefully yours will make the next ship. My baby is on the Bishu Highway and according to Marine Traffic her first port is Baltimore on October 26th. Hopefully heading to Jacksonville after that.

Reactions: Canuck and ghostcow

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's interesting data re Siem Cicero arrival date in RI. The Marine Vessel Tracking app (https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/vessels/SIEM-CICERO/CURRENT-POSITION/9762534/636017539 ) says it will be in Halifax on Oct. 17th. It takes 2 days from Halifax to RI, so that would make it Oct. 19th, sooner than the data you have. For me, it takes around 20 days on train from Halifax to Edmonton in western Canada, putting my delivery date around Nov. 8th. Seems forever, but looks pretty sure that I will have it inside of a month, in the full of winter.
They are holding offshore near Halifax and docking Monday morning 19th. I expect they will depart late afternoon and be in Davisville Wednesday morning the 21st and Houston early on the 28th.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just had a lengthy text discussion with my SA. It seems there is an “epa” hold on ALL 2021 models, except 2021 Cayenne (??) until 11/6. They cannot even be delivered to dealer, but must be held at port of entry until 11/6. Seems like the GTS is the first of the 2021s, at least insofar as Macan, from Porsche. Anybody know of a 2021 Base Macan, S, or Turbo, 911 or 718 with earlier release date?
Seems odd since I haven't heard of any changes from the 2020 MY that would require certification.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Seems odd since I haven't heard of any changes from the 2020 MY that would require certification.
Well, I haven't either, but the 11/6 date is popping up in other threads as well.

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmm, they must be pumping them out. Mine is on the Silver Ray, suppose to be in Baltimore 10/25. How do they ship them across the US to the west? https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai.../mmsi:538007784/imo:9775828/vessel:SILVER_RAY
They don't - they stay on the boat.
Panama Canal ?
correct, after stops in places like Jacksonville and/or Houston, cars destined for the west coast will be unloaded in CA or WA, after the boat goes through the Canal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They don't - they stay on the boat.

correct, after stops in places like Jacksonville and/or Houston, cars destined for the west coast will be unloaded in CA or WA, after the boat goes through the Canal.
Thanks for the info, will interesting to see the stops and the timing to get to the west coast. Cheers

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
I wonder if I get out my blue sharpie and connect the dots, will it make the ship arrive in the US faster? You know, asking for a friend. 😊

6B79ACF4-DB4E-4BFE-9E22-C89FEE7A1B44.png

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
9 Posts
For my fellow canucks, are you hearing anything about delays due to re-certification ?

Considering that those of us in the great white north aren't impacted by the same EPA regulations as our neighbours to the south, are your vehicles on track for delivery ahead of November 6th ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
For my fellow canucks, are you hearing anything about delays due to re-certification ?

Considering that those of us in the great white north aren't impacted by the same EPA regulations as our neighbours to the south, are your vehicles on track for delivery ahead of November 6th ?
I don't know anything about Canadian EPA regulations, but I can tell you that the SIEM CICERO cargo ship made a stop in Halifax yesterday, and presumably dropped off some cars headed for various Canadian cities.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I don't know anything about Canadian EPA regulations, but I can tell you that the SIEM CICERO cargo ship made a stop in Halifax yesterday, and presumably dropped off some cars headed for various Canadian cities.

Sadly our GTS didn’t make it onto the Siem Cicero, but hopefully it will make it onto the Swift Ace, which docked in Emden today.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
@RJE 😳😢

What are they waiting on to get your car on a ship? Good Grief Charlie Brown.

I just looked at your signature. You have been waiting for yours longer than me, and I thought I was waiting the longest. Here’s hoping that your car doesn’t have the same hold up as the US cars. I will keep my fingers crossed that she gets on the ship that is now in port.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Something interesting: I was just checking out a couple of different web sites on the shipping and came across this:

"Wed Apr 01 12:33:19 CEST 2020 Timsen
The 'Siem Cicero' has been denied entry into Halifax's port after crew members showed symptoms of COVID-19, the Public Health Agency of Canada confirmed on March 31, 2020. The agency was notified on March 17 that crew members aboard the vessel had symptoms consistent with COVID-19."

Of course this doesn't affect any of us waiting now, but it does show that all sorts of unexpected delays can and do happen!

·
Registered
526 Posts
@RJE

What are they waiting on to get your car on a ship? Good Grief Charlie Brown.

I just looked at your signature. You have been waiting for yours longer than me, and I thought I was waiting the longest. Here’s hoping that your car doesn’t have the same hold up as the US cars. I will keep my fingers crossed that she gets on the ship that is now in port.
It will be interesting to see when those who were lucky enough to have their Macans offloaded from the SEIM Cicero in Halifax this week take delivery.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I see my ship, The Siem Confucius, is scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville late Friday night. Bummer I have to wait until 11/6 !!!!

121 - 140 of 187 Posts