Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had my 2020 GTS since July 31th, and I received this GTS promotional material just the other day.

Thanks for the heads up about the GTS sticker on the back....I didn't even see that!

Has anyone received any Porsche gifts since taking delivery of their new MY2020 Macan? Shortly after picking up my new 2018 GTS, Porsche sent me a welcome package with a nice Macan pen. Both vehicles were ordered.
Still waiting on GTS promotional material on 2020 GTS model. We remembered with our 2017 GTS, Porsche sent us a welcome package and a Macan pen also, not sure about other gifts yet!

We also receive Porsche Christophorus Magazine from the previous car order, hopefully it will continue with new order.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My '21 Mamba finished build on 9/25 and departed Emden on Oct. 9 on the Siem Cicero. It's due in Houston Oct 28.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, 2010 Cayman S
19 Posts
The Siem Cicero is travelling about 5,400 km from Emden to Halifax. If it averages about 28 km/hr, the trip will take about 193 hours, or 8 days. Glad the distance doesn't register on the odometer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Siem Cicero is travelling about 5,400 km from Emden to Halifax. If it averages about 28 km/hr, the trip will take about 193 hours, or 8 days. Glad the distance doesn't register on the odometer.
If it did, mine would be ready for its first service by the time it reached Houston.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I can FINALLY comment and add to this thread! I have been reading everyone else posts about their cars being built and on ships and I was green with envy that I was still waiting (I'm not doing to well with this waiting bit 😃).

My beloved was supposed to enter production on October 2nd, head to the port and then get on her boat ride October 30th. Well I heard from PEC today that she is on the ship and is heading over here. Can we say FREAKING YAY!!! The first available date they had was December 3rd and then, December 10th and later. So I quickly responded with December 3rd as my first choice and December 10th AM/PM as my second and third choice. If the stars, moon, and planets align I will be picking her up on December 3rd. I'm excited that she got on a ship and is heading to the states sooner than I expected. The folks at PEC did say that the car will have to pass certification what ever that means. So I have my fingers crossed that you kind folks get your babies to fly through certification swiftly so mine will a little bit later.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Good news indeed @Jellybean! Try not to go crazy over the next two months while you wait (it’s too late for me!).

Reactions: Jellybean

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Reactions: Canuck

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Good news indeed @Jellybean! Try not to go crazy over the next two months while you wait (it’s too late for me!).
Thank you! It’s going to be a LONG 50 yep I just counted them days.
hopefully you haven’t gone to crazy

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS (Build Code PMRTSSB5, Ordered, expected October '20)
33 Posts
This whole waiting for a confirmed delivery date is driving me nuts. Especially knowing my car is in the country just waiting to be delivered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good news is mine got done a little bit early and was able to make an earlier ship so should shave 2-3 weeks off my delivery date. Still will not be until November 18th-ish, was going to be second week of December. Cool.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My latest update: my GTS is on the Siem Cicero and is due at the port in RI on 10/21.....but then being held until at least 11/6 due to the EPA certification hold.

Wish I understood that one better!

·
Registered
207 Posts
My latest update: my GTS is on the Siem Cicero and is due at the port in RI on 10/21.....but then being held until at least 11/6 due to the EPA certification hold.

That explains, at least partially, why mine is also shows 11/6 even though it is due in Houston on 10/28. I figured it just hadn't been updated. Will have to check to confirm that with the dealer.

My first Macan S arrived in the early morning and was ready for pickup later that same day. Dealer is only a couple miles from the port.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, 2010 Cayman S
19 Posts

That's interesting data re Siem Cicero arrival date in RI. The Marine Vessel Tracking app (https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/vessels/SIEM-CICERO/CURRENT-POSITION/9762534/636017539 ) says it will be in Halifax on Oct. 17th. It takes 2 days from Halifax to RI, so that would make it Oct. 19th, sooner than the data you have. For me, it takes around 20 days on train from Halifax to Edmonton in western Canada, putting my delivery date around Nov. 8th. Seems forever, but looks pretty sure that I will have it inside of a month, in the full of winter.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's interesting data re Siem Cicero arrival date in RI. It means that the ship will be in Halifax on 10/19, 2 days before it's in RI. Takes around 20 days on train from Halifax to Edmonton in western Canada, putting my delivery date around Nov. 11th. Seems forever, but looks pretty sure that I will have it inside of a month, in the full of winter.
According to www.marinetraffic.com it is due in Halifax on Oct 17.

Reactions: Tippy
101 - 120 of 187 Posts