Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
OK silly stupid question.... Nothing changed from the 2020’s to 2021’s correct. So if nothing changed why would EPA certification be a problem? Like I said silly question since I have no idea about what is involved with EPA certifications. I thought I read that October 15th was the official launch of the GTS, maybe I read this wrong. So many questions and not many answers.

On another note, I was excited to see that I got mail from Porsche today, thinking it was about my new car. NOPE, an ad to buy a new GTS. They even paid money to have it sent with a USPS tracking number. This was a pretty neat 3D ish pull out ad telling me all about how the new GTS is fabulous and I need to buy one to experience this fabulousness myself. Well they can build and get me my car faster so I can experience it in real life. 😂

I know I am going to make you all so jealous knowing that I also got a fancy GTS sticker on the back of this ad booklet. 😆

8A81E3B8-5B46-4AC5-B4D7-F4B79B97B6C2.jpeg

Reactions: Mii and Canuck

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don’t think there has been any definitive info that there is an EPA issue. I agree it makes little sense assuming the 20 and 21 are the same. But, who knows? I won’t feel put upon until my delivery date slips beyond 11/6. Any earlier was a bonus anyway.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I got one too. Cool but expensive!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
My '21 GTS is on the Glovis Crown, left port 9/29, eta San Diego 10/24 as of yesterday.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My '21 GTS is on the Glovis Crown, left port 9/29, eta San Diego 10/24 as of yesterday.
If what I am told is correct, it won't be able to be released from the port until 11/4-11/6 or so.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, 2010 Cayman S
19 Posts
@JRB, I think this makes you the official winner as the first to actually obtain a VIN number for their 2021 build!!! @[email protected] said he asked for his VIN and ship yesterday and got ship name, but not clear whether he got his VIN.

And yes, that is a quality 'fun fact' that two MY2021s are already over here!
Just got my VIN today. Whoopee!

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS. Night blue, black full leather interior. Born Sept 5th, delivered Oct 7, 2020.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Teaser pic! Mine must have been one of the last 2020s off the line. Came with Goodyear Eagle AS Touring tires. The midnight blue is amazing in person! Now at the spa for a few days!

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got my VIN today. Whoopee!
Car is on the Siem Cicero. While the plan is a sad case of winter delivery, it actually shows as ahead of schedule. I was duly warned that delays are common:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Teaser pic! Mine must have been one of the last 2020s off the line. Came with Goodyear Eagle AS Touring tires. The midnight blue is amazing in person! Now at the spa for a few days!
The Midnight Blue is beautiful, one of my three top choices - the coin toss took me elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
I got one too. Cool but expensive!
so is Porsche trying to tease us kind folks that have a GTS on order? 😃

here’s a pretty sales pitch for the car you have on order, but you can’t have your car for a few more weeks later because of one reason or the other.

Reactions: MAPC

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Congrats she looks fabulous

can’t wait to see more of her

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK silly stupid question.... Nothing changed from the 2020’s to 2021’s correct. So if nothing changed why would EPA certification be a problem? Like I said silly question since I have no idea about what is involved with EPA certifications. I thought I read that October 15th was the official launch of the GTS, maybe I read this wrong. So many questions and not many answers.

On another note, I was excited to see that I got mail from Porsche today, thinking it was about my new car. NOPE, an ad to buy a new GTS. They even paid money to have it sent with a USPS tracking number. This was a pretty neat 3D ish pull out ad telling me all about how the new GTS is fabulous and I need to buy one to experience this fabulousness myself. Well they can build and get me my car faster so I can experience it in real life. 😂

I know I am going to make you all so jealous knowing that I also got a fancy GTS sticker on the back of this ad booklet. 😆

View attachment 235200
Got mine in the mail today so I guess I will go ahead and buy the car when it arrives. Seems only fair.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Got mine in the mail today so I guess I will go ahead and buy the car when it arrives. Seems only fair.
They wasted the money and the paper sending one to me, since I've had my car for 3 months now...but, I do appreciate the sticker ;-) Time to find a good spot on the tool cabinet for it...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I hope our GTS made it on the Seim Cicero. It just left port earlier this morning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope our GTS made it on the Seim Cicero. It just left port earlier this morning.
Looks like the early departure met the expected departure date on the table I posted - we could get our cars 2 weeks earlier than the original scheduled date, baring unforeseen circumstances.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
They wasted the money and the paper sending one to me, since I've had my car for 3 months now...but, I do appreciate the sticker ;-) Time to find a good spot on the tool cabinet for it...
I've had my 2020 GTS since July 31th, and I received this GTS promotional material just the other day.

Thanks for the heads up about the GTS sticker on the back....I didn't even see that!

Has anyone received any Porsche gifts since taking delivery of their new MY2020 Macan? Shortly after picking up my new 2018 GTS, Porsche sent me a welcome package with a nice Macan pen. Both vehicles were ordered.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS. Night blue, black full leather interior. Born Sept 5th, delivered Oct 7, 2020.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I've had my 2020 GTS since July 31th, and I received this GTS promotional material just the other day.

Thanks for the heads up about the GTS sticker on the back....I didn't even see that!

Has anyone received any Porsche gifts since taking delivery of their new MY2020 Macan? Shortly after picking up my new 2018 GTS, Porsche sent me a welcome package with a nice Macan pen. Both vehicles were ordered.
I received 2 nice Porsche travel mugs, 2 keychains, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Reactions: John Y

·
Registered
196 Posts

Yeah, you’ll still get it - got my set last week, and I got my car In July. I also received that set for prior Porsches.

81 - 100 of 187 Posts