Porsche Macan Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I appreciate the pictures. I did not get this with my car, I received no documentation what-so-ever, other than the bill of sale. I am not happy, there will be a pointed conversation.
Tippy - did you poke around in the back (spare tire area, etc.)? A dealer thoughtfully (?) put mine there one time - BMW, not Porsche, but the logic still applies.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
61 Posts
My kingdom for an owners manual in paper/book format!
I'd even be happy with a pdf version.
My hard copy manual was not left in the glove box but was presented with the keys, some swag (key chains and coffee mugs) all in a nice gift bag while completing the final paperwork.

Any chance it's sitting in a bag somewhere at the dealer? Did they give you any swag?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
My hard copy manual was not left in the glove box but was presented with the keys, some swag (key chains and coffee mugs) all in a nice gift bag while completing the final paperwork.

Any chance it's sitting in a bag somewhere at the dealer? Did they give you any swag?
This is a great question.

When I was at PEC they had everything in the leather thingy displayed on a table with my keys, but they put it in my glove box with my insurance card and paperwork for the paper tag. Hopefully @Tippy will be able to get to the bottom of this.

Reactions: Tippy

·
Registered
460 Posts
We’re dying here for pics of that new Green GTS . . . I’ve basically copied your build, in white, and am eager to hear your impressions. The PEC folks make it so fun!

Safe journey home.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
We’re dying here for pics of that new Green GTS . . . I’ve basically copied your build, in white, and am eager to hear your impressions. The PEC folks make it so fun!

Safe journey home.
Too funny! I just posted them, look for Santa came early. 😊

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hello BBH. I picked up my 21 GTS last week and it did not have an owners manual with it. Did you receive and owners manual with yours?
Yes, I did. My SA presented it to me, so it may come in some sort of support package. I would check with your dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, 2010 Cayman S
34 Posts

Yup, got the swag. Someone must have misplaced the owners manual.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, it's really no biggie, I'm sure they will sort it out soon. Just an annoyance.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Thanks, it's really no biggie, I'm sure they will sort it out soon. Just an annoyance.
Love your "feisty" attitude. Just make double-sure you get all that should should be coming, what was agreed to, and hopefully then an extra or two, due to the delay (should give you some negotiating leverage, if nothing else.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, heard from my SA - according to him, for the past few production months Porsche Canada has forced the dealership to order Owner’s Manuals separately and they are not being shipped with the vehicle. He doesn't know the reason but thinks they may be trying to switch to online only. He does have an Owner’s Manual package to provide to me, and is having it delivered. I voiced my incredulity that Porsche Canada would be that stupid, he agreed with me. So I guess we will see in time if this becomes a new standard from Porsche in North America, or if there is something hinky at the dealership.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts