Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did anyone here ever get their Vehicle held up in port for quality issues? My 2021 GTS is at Baltimore port. Was supposed to be on the truck to dealer and SA emailed me to say it was removed from truck for quality issues. Driver said unofficially was scratch on passenger front door. Officially moved form transport to body shop. Apparently body shop is a catch all for QC hold. Im not really worried and can wait another week or so for delivery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did anyone here ever get their Vehicle held up in port for quality issues? My 2021 GTS is at Baltimore port. Was supposed to be on the truck to dealer and SA emailed me to say it was removed from truck for quality issues. Driver said unofficially was scratch on passenger front door. Officially moved form transport to body shop. Apparently body shop is a catch all for QC hold. Im not really worried and can wait another week or so for delivery.
Surprised your 2021 GTS was on the truck already. I don't think the CARB cars have been released yet. My '21 has been sitting in the Baltimore port for 2 weeks now with expected release date of 11/20 but haven't heard anything yet. A lot of the 992 guys are getting their dates bumped back again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Original delivery date was 11/20 and dealer told me the boat name and I saw when it docked early they bumped up the delivery date. Then said quality issue delay. Good news tonight got email from SA that GTS is ready to ship should have it early next week. Am I crazy but that is exact time as would have been for the CARB issue?? I don't care either way I'm getting my new Macan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Original delivery date was 11/20 and dealer told me the boat name and I saw when it docked early they bumped up the delivery date. Then said quality issue delay. Good news tonight got email from SA that GTS is ready to ship should have it early next week. Am I crazy but that is exact time as would have been for the CARB issue?? I don't care either way I'm getting my new Macan.
That's why I brought up the CARB issue delay that is being released on the 20th. It seemed to coincidental with your story. Or they had time to fix your door but still had to wait for the CARB verification to release it..either way I hope our '21s show up soon.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, 2010 Cayman S
34 Posts
Yup, it can be fun. Spent my teen years in a rural community tearing around like a madman. The city not so much fun. Brand new $90+k car, paranoid about all those poor drivers on slippery roads.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Reactions: yrralis1

·
Registered
34 Posts
My kingdom for an owners manual in paper/book format!
I'd even be happy with a pdf version.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS. Night blue, black full leather interior. Born Sept 5th, delivered Oct 7, 2020.
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
My kingdom for an owners manual in paper/book format!
I'd even be happy with a pdf version.
Did you not get a paper owner's book/manual with your 2021? My recently delivered 2020 GTS had one in the glove box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
JRB, your's is a 21, yes? I wonder about other 2021 owners. Once I confirm this my dealer will get an earful.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
@Tippy I just picked up my new 2021 GTS yesterday. I got in the leather type booklet thingy in my glove box...

2020 Macan Quick start guide
Macan Good to know owners manual
Macan Maintenance book
Emission Parts Warranty book for model year 2021
Porsche Roadside Assistance book
Porsche Warranty and customer information book for model year 2021
Owners Manual for my Michelin tires

Sorry you didn’t get an owners manual with yours. My delivery coach showed me how to find the good to know you book on the PCM, and I of course have the Good to know app on my phone and ipad. But nothing beats a hard copy to flip through.

Reactions: g4driver

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Tippy I just picked up my new 2021 GTS yesterday. I got in the leather type booklet thingy in my glove box...

2020 Macan Quick start guide
Macan Good to know owners manual
Macan Maintenance book
Emission Parts Warranty book for model year 2021
Porsche Roadside Assistance book
Porsche Warranty and customer information book for model year 2021
Owners Manual for my Michelin tires

Sorry you didn’t get an owners manual with yours. My delivery coach showed me how to find the good to know you book on the PCM, and I of course have the Good to know app on my phone and ipad. But nothing beats a hard copy to flip through.
Thanks for that info, I appreciate it. I received none of those items. I'm pissed. I asked my SA last Wednesday about this and have heard nothing since.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
@Tippy did you not get the leather type book holder thingy?!?

This is what I pulled out of my glove box to help answer your question. All of the things I listed were tucked inside of this.
C7007F7D-0776-4E8A-A814-4640A2FD287C.jpeg
EAE4E2D4-FB68-4C0A-950E-1258DD105FCA.jpeg

This is 2 inches thick. I hope that this helps when talking with your SA.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Tippy did you not get the leather type book holder thingy?!?

This is what I pulled out of my glove box to help answer your question. All of the things I listed were tucked inside of this.
View attachment 236626 View attachment 236627

This is 2 inches thick. I hope that this helps when talking with your SA.
I appreciate the pictures. I did not get this with my car, I received no documentation what-so-ever, other than the bill of sale. I am not happy, there will be a pointed conversation.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I appreciate the pictures. I did not get this with my car, I received no documentation what-so-ever, other than the bill of sale. I am not happy, there will be a pointed conversation.
Yeah, that's totally ridiculous that you didn't get what should come with every sale. Hope you get what should always come "standard" with any new vehicle purchase!

201 - 220 of 232 Posts