Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS. Night blue, black full leather interior. Born Sept 5th, delivered Oct 7, 2020.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think some folks were scheduled to have 2021MY GTS vehicles exit production this week. 2021MY builds were to begin in September (at least for the GTS). Thought I would start a thread for people to post when they have a confirmed VIN for their 2021MY GTS. Let the race begin!

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS. Night blue, black full leather interior. Born Sept 5th, delivered Oct 7, 2020.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently the VIN is generated by the time the production process is finished. I have an expected date for when my vehicle will exit production and was told I would get the VIN at that point. It's useful to have since once you have the VIN you can finalize your car insurance details (at least in Canada). I believe it can also help you track the vehicle during delivery e.g. confirming which ship it's on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my case, the VIN will also help confirm whether my build is a 2020 vs 2021MY, since it was pushed back several weeks from the original expected date.

·
Registered
603 Posts
My GTS is supposed to exit production next Friday (9/18) and arrive in Rhode Island (or maybe even the dealership) by 10/30.

Reactions: Canuck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My GTS is supposed to exit production next Friday (9/18) and arrive in Rhode Island (or maybe even the dealership) by 10/30.
We may be on the assembly line at the same time! Also supposed to exit production same date. Supposedly getting an update at that time. That's when I was told I would get the VIN.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
@Canuck for your sake, I hope that they are making you a 2021 with the long wait you have had with your 2020 price. I will keep my fingers crossed for you

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
My V300 (vehicle completion) date is today, 9/11, for my 2021 GTS. Will post if any change.:)

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
@Hokie that is fantastic! Can I be green with envy for you 😊 that yours is hopefully on the way to the port soon. If Hokie’s GTS is a 2021 and is completed, for sure @Canuck yours will have to be a 2021. Call me crazy I don’t see them making a run of 2021 GTS’s then switch back to 2020. So that might be good news for you.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
@Hokie that is fantastic! Can I be green with envy for you 😊 that yours is hopefully on the way to the port soon. If Hokie’s GTS is a 2021 and is completed, for sure @Canuck yours will have to be a 2021. Call me crazy I don’t see them making a run of 2021 GTS’s then switch back to 2020. So that might be good news for you.
I had a 2020 GTS on order, but cancelled due to Covid production delays, and ordered a '21. Dealer said all production starting in September would be '21 MY.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stranger things have happened in 2020... @Hokie, looks like you're the current front runner!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think some folks were scheduled to have 2021MY GTS vehicles exit production this week. 2021MY builds were to begin in September (at least for the GTS). Thought I would start a thread for people to post when they have a confirmed VIN for their 2021MY GTS. Let the race begin!
Looks like a great build. I just ordered my GTS and was told I should have it in late November. Did they share with you the link to track its progress being built?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mine is supposed to exit production on the 25th and enter Emden October 2. Hold the ship for me, will ya!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like a great build. I just ordered my GTS and was told I should have it in late November. Did they share with you the link to track its progress being built?
Some people have been able to get copies of the full build schedule from their SA. So it might be worth asking if you're interested. If you want to see what these schedules look like, the following thread may be of interest:

In general, it seems that it takes 6-8 weeks from build completion until ready for pick-up at dealer for those of us whose vehicles arrive via ports on the east coast.

Porsche does have a new app called 'Track Your Dream', but as far as I understand that is only for 911 at present.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pretty much the same here, except SA advises that the expected dealer arrival date is Nov. 13th. So still two months of 'waiting is the hardest part'.
I'm also listed as a Nov 13 delivery.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this: how is ‘arrives at port’ the same date as ‘arrives at dealer’

·
Registered
605 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this: how is ‘arrives at port’ the same date as ‘arrives at dealer’
That makes no sense unless your dealer is located in the same city as the port where it is scheduled to arrive. So my guess is one of them is off by a couple of days.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts