Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My macan 2021 used to auto lock then ultimately the interior lights will all go off after I park it within 10 seconds.
But today when I parked/closed the door the interior lights are still on and it won't auto lock as if there's still an open door even though there's no signal for open door. I'd have to manually press the button on the car remote to lock it.

Can someone tell me what might be the issue?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I’m not familiar with the options for Saudi Arabia. Could you elaborate on how it used to work? For instance, did you have to press the key fob, or outside door handle, or something else?

Also, is it possible that a second key fob was inside the car at the time of your problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I’m not familiar with the options for Saudi Arabia. Could you elaborate on how it used to work? For instance, did you have to press the key fob, or outside door handle, or something else?

Also, is it possible that a second key fob was inside the car at the time of your problem?
It's new, had it for 2 months. When I park and close the doors all interior lights would go off as well as dashboard. But today even when I do that the interior lights and dashboard + auto lock, won't happen unless I manually press the lock button on the remote. This used to happen automatically without any interference from me before.
No other key in the car

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Auto lock ?
What year is your Macan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The interior lights wont switch off when I close the door either
What is an 'auto lock'? Never heard of it before.
What i mean is that when I park the car and close the doors, the car won't lock itself, and the interior lights would still be on as if there is still a door open. Before when I park and close the door the lights would go off and the car would lock without interference from me. Now I have to press the lock button on the remote in order for the car to lock and switch off interior lights

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also the dashboard is turned on even when I turn off the engine and close the doors. Wouldn't switch off unless i lock the door by remote

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Also the dashboard is turned on even when I turn off the engine and close the doors. Wouldn't switch off unless i lock the door by remote
Let's go back to an earlier question. What year is this car and what country was it meant for? I have never heard of this option before. It seems to me if I want to lock the car I have to do something as the car does not like tricks like locking your keys in it. For me, I squeeze the door handle. For others they use that thing in their pocket that I haven't looked at since I bought the car years ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's 2021 and meant for Saudi Arabia. Let's focus on this issue ahead. You see when I park and turn the engine off and close the doors, the interior lights do not switch of as well as the dashboard. They remain turned on forever. Unless I lock it using the lock button on the remote.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
It's like I can't switch off the interior lights unless I lock the car
There's a setting in the MFD that controls how long the lights stay on after the engine has been shut off. I think it's under Vehicle --> Lighting, or something like that. Sometimes the electronic settings in Macans (and probably other cars) get reset, for no apparent reason. You might want to look into that setting, and see what it's currently set at.

Like the other folks here -- mostly in the USA or UK -- I have no heard of an auto-locking feature. That is, to look the doors, you have to do something other than turn off the engine and leave the car ... something such as pressing the outside door handle, or pressing a key fob button (or pressing the lock function on the inside door handle, if you're inside the car).

Are you the first owner of this car? That is, I was wondering whether a prior owner had installed some aftermarket device (such as the one from Niche) in the car. Other than that, you may have a Macan set up for a market -- Saudi Arabia (which I mentioned in my first post, based on the flag shown for your IP address) -- that none of us really knows much (or anything) about.

·
Super Moderator
3,426 Posts
@Laila96: To date, no other forum members have heard of a factory included auto locking feature for any Macan model.

If you bought this vehicle new form a Porsche dealer, I would urge you to return it to the dealer for an explanation of its recent behavior.
Even if you bought this vehicle used, it would be a good idea to investigate the possibility some aftermarket system has been installed
that is providing this auto-locking behavior. If such a system is present, it needs to go to a repair shop in order to determine the root
cause for the (mis)behavior you're seeing.

Sounds like an electrical issue.

If not that, then a door or hatch is not completely closed - even though it may appear to be closed - or some sensor isn't detecting that a
door or hatch (or hood?) is completely closed.

Have you tried opening/closing all doors & hatch in order to see if the auto-lock will then (properly?) engage?

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried the settings on the MFD, but it seems there is only settings for exterior lights as you can see in the picture

yes I'm the first owner
Also the car is from Germany

There's a setting in the MFD that controls how long the lights stay on after the engine has been shut off. I think it's under Vehicle --> Lighting, or something like that. Sometimes the electronic settings in Macans (and probably other cars) get reset, for no apparent reason. You might want to look into that setting, and see what it's currently set at.

Like the other folks here -- mostly in the USA or UK -- I have no heard of an auto-locking feature. That is, to look the doors, you have to do something other than turn off the engine and leave the car ... something such as pressing the outside door handle, or pressing a key fob button (or pressing the lock function on the inside door handle, if you're inside the car).

Are you the first owner of this car? That is, I was wondering whether a prior owner had installed some aftermarket device (such as the one from Niche) in the car. Other than that, you may have a Macan set up for a market -- Saudi Arabia (which I mentioned in my first post, based on the flag shown for your IP address) -- that none of us really knows much (or anything) about.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
I don't mean to sound condescending, but have you checked to see if all your other doors are really shut? My first guess, based on your description, is that one of the other doors or the rear hatch aren't really shut/latched. The car thinks that there's an open door, which is why it won't lock. I'd go around & open & close each of the door & the rear hatch, & then try to lock the car again. If that doesn't work, I'd call the dealership. Good luck!

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
8 Posts
There are interior light setting options through the menu roller buttons on the steering wheel when you go to the settings from the temp/oil pressure display. you can set delay times in there. You can also set locking settings in there. If all else fails, you may want to go into the car setting on the steering wheel and then in the head unit display and select the reset to factory default settings.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Try the other key. The settings for how long the lights stay on I think is part of what key you use to start the car and that time. Raises. He going the doors and rear hatch make sure the center console lid and hood and glove compartment are closed. Not sure if they have sensors on the Macan but they do on other models.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I tried the settings on the MFD, but it seems there is only settings for exterior lights as you can see in the picture

View attachment 244499

yes I'm the first owner
Also the car is from Germany
MFD is the small display just to the right of the tachometer that is navigated via the controls on your steering wheel. Watch this video for some of the settings available via the MFD. You will find exterior and interior lighting settings are covered starting at the 7:25 mark.
Infotainment How To – 2021 Porsche Macan S - YouTube

Unless your German Macan has some interesting features that most of us don't, then there is no auto-lock feature. The only time your Macan will auto-lock is when you unlock it, and then do not open a door for 30 seconds. At that point, the car will re-lock automatically.

In addition to checking the lighting settings in your MFD, I would recommend you also check the following:
1 - Your headlight switch is in the Auto position
2 - The overhead switches for the interior lighting are not on, and that automatic interior lighting switch is on (that's button F).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts