Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from NY! I have been lurking threads on this forum the past couple months while I was considering adding a Macan to our garage. My wife is due with our first child in August so that also motivated our decision to get one. Even though all of you didn't know it, your posts helped me a lot in making my decision so thank you.

Yesterday, I picked up a 2021 Macan Turbo in white with black/red interior. To say I am absolutely in love with it is definitely an understatement. Looking forward to being a part of this forum. Of course some pics below:

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
279 Posts
Welcome to the M family! Enjoy your new ride!

Reactions: dborabora

·
Registered
139 Posts
Beautiful ride! Very similar to mine (GTS in Chalk)...in that I think Sport Mirrors in gloss black on a light car is just such an understated "wow". Great wheels, too. Congrats, and ride in good health and safety.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I can never get over how fucking amazing a red interior looks on these things, and wished that my wife would approve anything besides black, gray, or poo poo beige and brown.

I mean she let me buy a GTS spec’d out the way I wanted with the only request was that I get the natural leather interior, it’s an OK compromise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! @Glock19 it is funny you mention that. This is "technically" my wife's car (she leaves me with the shitty Nissan R35 GT-R with no comfort or refinement lol). However, after driving it yesterday and today I am sure I am going to be stealing it from her all the time to drive. It was so hard convincing her to go with the red interior. As you mentioned she kept pushing for black or grey. Fortunately I found this one spec'd with everything she (and I) wanted and by chance had the red interior. It still was a hard sale but now that she has it, she loves it. Can't go wrong with white, red, and a little carbon fiber :).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great, love the red leather and carbon fiber trim. And congrats on the other impending addition. Plenty of room for car seats.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! @Glock19 it is funny you mention that. This is "technically" my wife's car (she leaves me with the shitty Nissan R35 GT-R with no comfort or refinement lol). However, after driving it yesterday and today I am sure I am going to be stealing it from her all the time to drive. It was so hard convincing her to go with the red interior. As you mentioned she kept pushing for black or grey. Fortunately I found this one spec'd with everything she (and I) wanted and by chance had the red interior. It still was a hard sale but now that she has it, she loves it. Can't go wrong with white, red, and a little carbon fiber :).
Nah .. you'll take it for long enough until you drive a 911 . The GtR is quite a vehicle but the refinement in Porsche is just something else as you have found out .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah .. you'll take it for long enough until you drive a 911 . The GtR is quite a vehicle but the refinement in Porsche is just something else as you have found out .
My GTR buddies would kill me for this but after one day... PDK>GR6 LOL

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
My GTR buddies would kill me for this but after one day... PDK>GR6 LOL
When I looked at the GtR (2012 or so) dealerships refused to let me even test drive one . I walked in with my title to my 911 and checkbook and they still said "no" . A friend of mine bought one . He felt the transmission was so jerky that he sold the car within a month . He referred to it as "my longest test drive" . At that time the debates on the 911 forums were off the charts . The GtR was. a real eye opener and still is in many ways . Porsche went out of their way to step up and what occurred is cars which still have the refinement and beat the GtR . They also have the reliability to be tracked for thousands of miles and hold up. They also have the usability of bering great daily drivers . I have a 2020 Macan Turbo but am always reaching for the 911 key . The Macan is surely a fantastic vehicle. Its not uncommon to end up with both .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I looked at the GtR (2012 or so) dealerships refused to let me even test drive one . I walked in with my title to my 911 and checkbook and they still said "no" . A friend of mine bought one . He felt the transmission was so jerky that he sold the car within a month . He referred to it as "my longest test drive" . At that time the debates on the 911 forums were off the charts . The GtR was. a real eye opener and still is in many ways . Porsche went out of their way to step up and what occurred is cars which still have the refinement and beat the GtR . They also have the reliability to be tracked for thousands of miles and hold up. They also have the usability of bering great daily drivers . I have a 2020 Macan Turbo but am always reaching for the 911 key . The Macan is surely a fantastic vehicle. Its not uncommon to end up with both .
Being at the dealership yesterday definitely got this 911 bug in my head. The sales person I worked with was already joking with me to trade the GTR in. That is crazy about test drive. Idk being a GTR owner I don't understand why they are put on such a pedestal. Like yeah they are monsters and great bang for your buck but turning away people for test drives given your scenario is just absurd. The oem GTR transmission is super jerky for sure and makes all sorts of weird noises (mine is now fully built so it is even worse). The joke is that if your GTR isn't making weird noises then it is broken not the other way around. The owner manual for three pages actually documents most of them lol.

·
Registered
424 Posts
A really good friend of mine from medical residency purchased a Nissan GTR around the same time I purchased my 991.1.

He kept saying how it’s so much faster and handles better and blah blah blah blah.

Then he went to drive mine, it’s a manual transmission base model.

He was amazed by how comfortable and easy to drive it is and you really don’t care if it’s the fastest car out there because it’s so nice to drive and sit in.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition now, and your future new addition to come. I know that your wife is going to love driving her turbo.

Reactions: dborabora

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Being at the dealership yesterday definitely got this 911 bug in my head. The sales person I worked with was already joking with me to trade the GTR in. That is crazy about test drive. Idk being a GTR owner I don't understand why they are put on such a pedestal. Like yeah they are monsters and great bang for your buck but turning away people for test drives given your scenario is just absurd. The oem GTR transmission is super jerky for sure and makes all sorts of weird noises (mine is now fully built so it is even worse). The joke is that if your GTR isn't making weird noises then it is broken not the other way around. The owner manual for three pages actually documents most of them lol.
I remember the launch of the GtR . 911 (Gt3, Gt2 and 997 TurboI forums lit up . Here was a car which beat the 911 Turbo at the Nurburgring for 70 grand . It was unthinkable ! Flame wars erupted , guys did independent tests. The GtR was the real deal. Then the transmission broke and Mizuno tried to give a silly story that it was never intended to be a launch control . He claimed it was for snow and ice. In 2010 Nissan made owners sign a waiver .

All of the above led to a leaner and meaner Porsche . At that time I liked the idea of the GtR . In fact I myself loved my 300ZXtt (modded ... with the help of a guy who later became the service director at Champion . We reconnected years later . We are both young with the Nissan . I could not afford a Porsche) . So Porsche goes out and build a faster car and so did Nissan and to this day the Nismo is still a monster .

The numbers are very worthy on the Nissan , The refinement isn't though . I learned that even with my 300ZXtt . Everything from. a huge blind spot to a transmission hiccup (mine was manual) surfaced . I still loved the car though . Much like the GtR it was a real breakthrough . So was the older NSX . The new one sucks.

Its hard too get a 911 right now . If your dealership has one they are lucky . I am waiting for the GTS . I currently have a 991.2 GTS . The hardest part with the 911 is deciding which to get . There are so many choices and each are great . For the street all one needs is a base car but after a little time will want more . The Turbo S is expensive and overkill . The GTS and Gt3 touring at the two rivals of practical Vs emotional .

You have opened the door . Your wife will love the Macan and so will you . I will warn that there have been a few guys here who started with a Macan and then went car bonkers . Enjoy the ride !!! Congrats !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts