Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

It's great to be here. I just recently placed my order and paid the deposit for a 2021 Macan GTS.

Delivery is estimated for November 20th. Can't come soon enough!

Here's my build code: PMKY49X7

My question is, am I missing anything that you think I should add? I am also going to get a set of winter wheels and tires to switch on during the winter (which looks like it will be immediately upon delivery since it snows a lot here).

I appreciate everyone here!

Much Love,
AMax

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Wow...quite the build! Just about every option!

Personally I'd ditch the Lane Keep Assist (LKA)....useless option you most likely will never use.

If you live up North, you don't need the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass, my 2018 GTS with the standard glass is plenty quiet enough for me. I've also read the special glass can diminish phone & radar/laser detector reception.

An expensive option for what it offers is the Smartphone Compartment with Wireless Charging ($690), but I still think it's worth the cost since not only does it charge your phone wirelessly, it also comes with an antenna booster for phone reception....potentially important if you get the insulated glass.

Smoking package is free, and the soft close door gives a cleaner look to the center console.

I'm also a fan of the fire extinguisher for only $140....you never know when you might need one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Personally I'd ditch the Lane Keep Assist (LKA)....useless option you most likely will never use.

If you live up North, you don't need the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass, my 2018 GTS with the standard glass is plenty quiet enough for me. I've also read the special glass can diminish phone & radar/laser detector reception.

An expensive option for what it offers is the Smartphone Compartment with Wireless Charging ($690), but I still think it's worth the cost since not only does it charge your phone wirelessly, it also comes with an antenna booster for phone reception....potentially important if you get the insulated glass.

Smoking package is free, and the soft close door gives a cleaner look to the center console.

I'm also a fan of the fire extinguisher for only $140....you never know when you might need one!

Thanks! All of those are good things to consider. I do think I'll add all of them.

Hopefully I never need the fire extinguisher but you're right it is probably worth it at only $140.

Do you have photos of what the center console looks like with the smoking package compared to what it looks like without it?

Much Love,
AMax

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just sent the email to add all 3 of those additional options. It didn't take me long to consider since they are relatively inexpensive and good additions.

Thank you for your help! (y)(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Funny you should ask for pictures with the smoking package and without. I was at the dealer today and I’m surprised that they didn’t order this free option. I like having the cover, I think it cleans up the look, but thats me.

You have a fabulous build. I love the color you picked to go with your night blue.

With your November delivery I am guessing you are a September build as well. Thanksgiving can’t come fast enough!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Center console with Smoking package option....

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the Smoking Package in my current Macan and it definitely 'completes the look' but I am considering not getting it in my new order (if I in fact place a new order) as I like having a place to put my phone without occupying the cup holders.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
@MAPC i got a great phone holder from ProClips that attached to the side of the center console so I didn’t have to use my cup holders

·
Registered
431 Posts
nice build and color combination. good job. your car is going to be beautiful.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
"am I missing anything that you think I should add?" Never, ever ask that question in this Forum. Your wallet will probably regret that you asked that question. :)

Reactions: Jellybean and JRB

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have the Smoking Package in my current Macan and it definitely 'completes the look' but I am considering not getting it in my new order (if I in fact place a new order) as I like having a place to put my phone without occupying the cup holders.
Just wondering what phone do you have that will fit into the cavity of the smoking package?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just wondering what phone do you have that will fit into the cavity of the smoking package?
Mine won't fit in with the Smoking Package-- only WITHOUT the Smoking Package. My iPhone 11Pro Max fits in it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine won't fit in with the Smoking Package-- only WITHOUT the Smoking Package. My iPhone 11Pro Max fits in it.
I have the same phone, but always put it away when driving so it doesn't become a distraction. My wife does the same, which is a good thing, not only for safety but to avoid being ticketed for just holding your phone while driving, or even when stationary at a stop light. So our build includes the Smoking Package, for the cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I have the same phone, but always put it away when driving so it doesn't become a distraction. My wife does the same, which is a good thing, not only for safety but to avoid being ticketed for just holding your phone while driving, or even when stationary at a stop light. So our build includes the Smoking Package, for the cleaner look.
Good point....my State recently implemented rules/fines for cell phone use while driving as well.

Since my 2020 GTS will come with wireless Apple CarPlay, when I'm out driving, my cell phone will be safely secured in the center console with wireless charging & antenna booster.

Reactions: mplgaus

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wireless charging and wireless CarPlay makes a strong case for Smoking Package- no doubt. Cleaner, safer...other than 'more expensive' it's a no-brainer (expense being the wireless not the Smoking Package).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts